What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensei shiva skunk

Robbie vapez

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I am looking at ordering some Shiva sk. I grew it for years back in the early 2000s and was wondering if anyone had ordered and grown it out lately
I was thinking of ordering some of Shanti too, he has a NL5 x skunk as well.

insomniac_AU

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I am looking at ordering some Shiva sk. I grew it for years back in the early 2000s and was wondering if anyone had ordered and grown it out lately
I was thinking of ordering some of Shanti too, he has a NL5 x skunk as well.

Hi Robbie!

The first strain I ever grew in a proper hydro setup in the early 2000s was called Shiva Shanti and it was fire.
I would be interested as well. I wouldn't mind getting some seeds. :)

hoki2test

Veteran
Same here bro

Same here bro

What am I thinking? I just worked it out it was the early 90s I grew that. I'm older than I thought. :(

Same here bro....I had a mate that had just got back from Amsterdam around the mid 90,s ...he gave me a heap of seeds.....silver pearl,shiva skunk,northen lights,super skunk....I popped every single one and ran them in my first NFT set up....hell yeah the shiva skunk was a fav and everyone loved the smell of it....is todays shiva skunk the same as the 90,s version?....who knows indeed....

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi. Haven't grown Shiva Skunk and not the NL5 x Skunk from MrNice either, thou i have a pack of the later. If you want a little cheaper beans than from Sensi Seeds, MrNice's NL5 x Skunk comes from Nevil's old seed stock he gave to Shantibaba so it should be something similar to Sensi's Shiva Skunk

You can find some reviews on MrNice forums
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nl5-x-skunk/

Robbie vapez

Same here bro....I had a mate that had just got back from Amsterdam around the mid 90,s ...he gave me a heap of seeds.....silver pearl,shiva skunk,northen lights,super skunk....I popped every single one and ran them in my first NFT set up....hell yeah the shiva skunk was a fav and everyone loved the smell of it....is todays shiva skunk the same as the 90,s version?....who knows indeed....

Sounds similar to me. Wish I could have had a go at Silver pearl

WelderDan

Veteran
It is my understanding that about the only Sensi strain that hasn't changed is MLI.

Can't speak for the Sensi Shiva Skunk, but Nirvana has a strain called Master Kush that is a Hindu Kush x Skunk and I can vouch that it is good, easy to grow herb with good yields

Oh, and according to Sensi, Shiva Skunk is NL5 x Skunk

Personally I'd go with Nirvana, from my personal experience as well as price. You'll pay less than half for the Nirvana version

Robbie vapez

Pity I can't get any recent experience with sensi, over the years I have read that the company has gone to shit. Shiva was a good thing back then...real good

Robbie vapez

It is my understanding that about the only Sensi strain that hasn't changed is MLI.

Can't speak for the Sensi Shiva Skunk, but Nirvana has a strain called Master Kush that is a Hindu Kush x Skunk and I can vouch that it is good, easy to grow herb with good yields

Oh, and according to Sensi, Shiva Skunk is NL5 x Skunk

Personally I'd go with Nirvana, from my personal experience as well as price. You'll pay less than half for the Nirvana version
Yeah mate, done a few Nirvanas and I am ordering more

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve been eyeing their shiva skunk for years but never pulled the trigger.... if they wanted to pass out some testers, I’d be all over it.

madalasatori

Veteran
Grew it ten years ago, some phenols were top draw, tremendous bag appeal stunk and covered in crystals. I had a hard time getting people to believe it hadn’t been sprayed with glass and some people still didn’t believe me

Sadly I was a noob and didn’t know how to clone.

The above pheno could be taken at seven weeks too, really stocky and dense

3rd-3yed

Veteran
M39 F2 are sold atm at another place. NL#5 x Skunk#1 (aka Basic 5 x Skunk#1) from SSSC.

Otherwise Neville seedstock was sold to Sensi and later renamed Shiva Skunk but not sure if we can find something similar to Sensi Shiva Skunk in Mr.Nice's Nl#5 x Skunk#1 nowadays, as they are just different selections from the same initial stock.

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
M39 F2 are sold atm at another place. NL#5 x Skunk#1 (aka Basic 5 x Skunk#1) from Neville before his seedstock was sold to Sensi and later renamed Shiva Skunk.
I have a lot of respect for shanti and its varieties,but mns nl5 x skunk is not the same thing,
first of all the nl5 is not the original cut but a remake, probably nl1 x nl5,and the skunk is #1 and not skunk 18.5.....
My 2 cent

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I have a lot of respect for shanti and its varieties,but mns nl5 x skunk is not the same thing,
first of all the nl5 is not the original cut but a remake, probably nl1 x nl5,and the skunk is #1 and not skunk 18.5.....
My 2 cent

word!

insomniac_AU

My 2 cent

Yes the Shiva Shanti I grew in the early 90s is something I would love to have again. Unfortunately the clones were lost being young and stupid and I never considered breeding.
I grew in the false ceiling of my business. This was before I'd heard of carbon filters and it was sketchy to say the least. No idea how I didn't get busted. :woohoo:

I'm going to try and track down some different varieties of Shanti and see if I can find something close.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Unfortunately the clones were lost being young and stupid and I never considered breeding.

many of us have made the mistake of not cloning special plants, and many of us have not stocked those seeds ...we was young....
but if you look carefully someone has those original lines, or at worst, he made s1.

insomniac_AU

many of us have made the mistake of not cloning special plants, and many of us have not stocked those seeds ...we was young....
but if you look carefully someone has those original lines, or at worst, he made s1.
Fingers crossed. That's what I'm hoping. I can't breed at the moment where I am. The next house I get I will make sure I have the ability to. Definitely something I want to get into in the future. Someone has to make sure these genetics live on. I'd like to do my part.