What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G'day eh! (new patient)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Good morning folks, Switcher here.

My screen name dates back to e cigs where I "switched". I have been smoke free for 8 yrs. The only thing that worked.

I am a diabetic (type2). I was diagnosed in 2012. Originally I was on (still am) on 2000mg of Metformin/day. The drug is damaging to your liver and kidneys, which require a ton of supplements to counter act the side effects of the drug.

So 1 year in, my Dr stated now that we have your diabetes under control, it is time to look at your cholesterol. My number has always been good but the "fuckers" changed the goal post on us. Instead of the # they are now using a ratio. A man made # to sell more statins if you ask me. <--- evidence (tons of info) on the net wrt cholesterol being the new "disease".

Don't get me wrong here folks, the majority of type 2 diabetics are self inflicted, poor lifestyle choices.

Cutting to the chase... my Dr asked me what I knew about "statins" and I stated "they are to be avoided like the plague" She responded with... cholesterol ratios are extremely important in the prevention of heart attack and stroke in diabetics. OK!

From the onset I was prescribed "crestor" vice "lipitor" as I could still drink or eat grapefruits with "crestor" but not with "lipitor". The drug was also affecting my A1C. My numbers were all over the place. To further exacerbate the problem one of the side effects of statins, its stops the natural production of the beneficial enzyme Co Q10, something your heart needs/requires to function properly.

<<Your body naturally produces CoQ-10, also known as coenzyme Q-10. It helps your cells produce energy and functions as an antioxidant to help protect them from potentially harmful chemicals. Some people advocate use of CoQ-10 supplements for various medical conditions based on its functions in the body. The strongest evidence of benefit for CoQ-10 supplementation relates to effects in heart failure, high blood pressure and reducing side effects of cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, although use is not routinely recommended.>> <--- no need to if your body naturally produces it, duh!

Cutting to the chase, 5 weeks in I lost 80% of my legs. Basically I was walking around like a drunk. Of course this didn't happen overnight but in short fashion e.g 48hrs. Did my research on the subject and low and behold it is one of the side effects. My Dr stated but, it's only in 1% of patients or less. Well, that is fine if you aren't part of that 1%. Seen the Dr on the Fri. My left leg was the worse e.g it wouldn't move when ordered to do so LOL. By Mon left leg was 90% better, the right took until Wed and by the end of the week, full use of both (normal)

My Dr wanted to prescribe a different med and I said no thanks. I'll see you in a month (get the drugs out of my system). My wife found a supplement Sytronol (from health store) that seemed to work without side effects. Unfortunately, my Dr found it wasn't working fast enough on my cholesterol, although it brought my A1C in check. I was on Sytronol for a year before she insisted on going back on a statin.

So I was on Lipitor right up to NY eve 2018.

I am a GW veteran ('91) and have short term memory loss caused by "the pill" (prophylactic against nerve agent). Not everyone was affected??? I thought it was a natural occurrence of aging. In '99 I met a young fellow who also suffers from STML He stated it had nothing to do with age, as he was in his 20s during GW1 and suffers STML as well.

The other thing that surrounds my service is the denial of GWS. No, not "gun shot residue" but Gulf War Syndrome. Not dissimilar to the government denial of "agent orange" during the Vietnam War, they have also denied responsibility for GWS.

Although, the use of depleted Uranium shells (tank ammo, CIWS etc...) Uranium being depleted and more or less benign, when combusted becomes extremely toxic. It's a Japanese Scientist that found the problem. The US is still in denial and many US vets are using cannabis to treat their woes. According to them the only thing that worked/works and, I believe them.

... as previously stated, NY '2018 was a turning point for me. My STML was getting worse, not just STML but also brain fog. I remember Nancy talking about Ronny and watch him wither away. I use to be as sharp as a whip :( Not any more.

I do not know how the conversation started but, our hostess and a guest were talking about her mother and sister (the host family) developed brain fog and STML since on Lipitor. No Alzheimer in the family. My father had it in his latter years but, not the full blown disease. He died of cancer.

Armed with that info I researched the side effects of Lipitor. Looky here, may cause "brain fog and memory loss". Well that explains things. That was the background...

During my Dec '17 check up my Dr was not happy with my A1C being at 9.3. Neither was I for that matter. Regardless what I did (besides starving my self) couldn't get my # down. She asked if I was frustrated and I stated yes! Diabetes is a progressive disease. I really find it amusing that the American Diabetic Association doesn't support the use of cannabis as a treatment for the disease. Sound familiar?

As time was passing, my diabetes started to control me. Dr doesn't seem to help, so I decided to do something about it. Although I am still on my Metformin I dropped the Lipitor and I stared cbd and using cannabis. Short strokes... A1C is on target for 5.2 from 9.3 and I have lost 27 lbs in the process. STML is still apparent but the brain fog has subsided with the exception of times when I am under the effects of cannabis.

Many things were discovered during my research, to include a diabetic GW vet who is no longer on "prescribed drugs" for his diabetes, switched to cannabis and "Gymne Sylvestre" one of the ingredients in Metformin (the main) but, not the rest of the chit :)

This passage was interesting as I was reading I said "girl what are you doing in my head"?

<<I’ve been struggling with insomnia and brain fog since I had a hysterectomy some years ago. I haven’t enjoyed who I’ve become. I generally tend toward irritability, with pangs of sadness. This product has helped tremendously. I take it periodically during the day, just 3-4 drops under my tongue, wait till I swallow, just like it says. I double the bedtime dose about 10-15 minutes before I want to sleep. The most dramatic improvement is that I now sleep again. Like a normal person. I would say it was about two weeks into taking it that I realized I’m no longer dreading going to bed. The brain fog is better. I can find words again. I still have some irritability, some blues, but it’s much better. It’s the difference between seeing endless sad days ahead and wondering how I’ll ever manage, and have a tough day and knowing it will lift. Hormone replacement, melatonin, diet and exercise, all good for me, but none of it worked. For women with hormone and mood issues, definitely highly recommended.>>

I slept better in my arm chair than in my bed! I dreaded going to bed because a I didn't sleep well and would wake up with a headache (signs of oxygen deprivation from sleep apnea). Short strokes, I was tested for sleep apnea and although I did have a "little" the snore Dr stated not to worry about it. He stated he thought for sure I would test positive. Any reason you can think of why? Yes, I started using cannabinoids a couple of weeks ago. He stated to keep the info between us as medical practitioners in general do not support our beliefs. Myself, I am more than receptive as in the past couple of years, I have seen positive results from people using cannabis on a variety of woes. I am attending (Dr) a 2 day seminar on the subject in Sep. <---- Good for you :)

Within the 1st week I felt the effects and saw RESULTS. Compared to what I was facing...

Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes refers to a group of metabolic diseases in which a person suffers from high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. This produces symptoms including polyuria (frequent urination), polydipsia (increased thirst) and polyphagia (increased hunger).

Medical cannabis use has been shown to help patients by stabilizing blood sugars, suppressing arterial inflammation common in diabetes sufferers, preventing inflammation of nerves and reducing the pain of neuropathy.

It also acts as an antispasmodic agent, relieves muscle cramps and the pain of gastrointestinal disorders and acts as a vasodilator to help keep blood vessels open thereby causing lower blood pressure, which is vital for diabetics.

Topical application of cannabis oil or cream has been shown to relieve neuropathic pain and tingling in hands and feet, and also reduce diabetic restless leg syndrome (RLS)

Cannabis users are less likely to be obese, and have lower body mass index (BMI) measurements -- despite the fact that they seemed to take in more calories

Cannabis users also had higher levels of "good cholesterol" and smaller waistlines

Even though the public is getting more scared of AIDS or breast cancer, we have more people dying from Diabetes than HIV. No wonder, when even an average medically informed person knows that diabetes causes kidney failure, blindness, amputations, heart failure and stroke.

Time to get things in check!

I was starting to feel neuropathy in my hands (not a good thing (dexterity)) In my feet, my feet were numb all the way to the back of my arches. Now, it is isolated to the balls of my feet.

I no longer wake up with a headaches, although their is still signs of RLS.

Wrt "glaucoma" I am fine for now. When we look at "diabetic retinopathy, an ailment that results in blindness within 10 yrs of being diagnosed as a diabetic. I was diagnosed in 2012.

I am 61, used cannabis in the past (teenager/young adult) I haven't used for 30+ yrs. One thing I have found out, is I can no longer "smoke it" not even vaporized. I cough like an SOB, regardless of strain. So I use RSO turned into canna pills with MCT, make decarb herb pills and process my buds into vapable liquids, all is golden. The future looks promising.

Although everyone states more THC is better and, the industry has concentrated their efforts on the latter (since I left the scene) I do not wish to spend my days "wasted". I am after CBD not THC and acquire what I need for my specific ailments and, growing my own. 1st grow under way. Tw, Gc, GDP and Dt. Both sativas will be moved outdoors, while the other 2 will be/are grown indoors.

My wife does not like me on Gc, she says I am a motor mouth LOL. She supports what I embarked on (I was really surprised). AAMOF I woke up one morning with a note that she was interested on trying Harlequin or Sour Tsunami for weight loss caused by hormone imbalance in post menopause women. She also as a problem (always have) staying asleep (her fit bit) confirmed her doubts. Because she has never used in the past and still works (I'm ret'd) I made her some CBD pills. Although I feel them with 30 min or so, she doesn't. I made 2 pills one Ha and the other GDP (night) She fell asleep, no problem but, a couple hours later was wide awake and couldn't fall back asleep. She wasn't too happy. That day she tried a Harlequin cap and didn't like the experience and felt sick. To me all I have is a funny sensation in my cheek bones coupled with the body stone. Not sure what is happening with her. Although CBDs are good, for medicine to work properly you do need a certain amount of THC.

I find this extremely alarming...
It should be noted that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved marijuana as a safe and effective drug for any condition. The FDA has, however, approved the following medications containing synthetic versions of THC:
· dronabinol (Marinol)
· nabilone (Cesamet)
Clinical trials are also being conducted on CBD-containing drugs, some of which are already approved in Europe.

Something else the FDA has been working on is Epidiolex (it has been released) fabricated from CBDs exclusively, as the FDA doesn't support THC in medication. Excuse me??? You R already supporting the mfr of artificial THC. No need to re-invent the wheel. God created the plant, coupled with his wisdom, man developed Charlotte's Web.

When a top neuro-surgeon in the US supports cannabis (Dr Gupta), it is high time the WORLD starts paying attention! I watch all 4 episodes, #4 being "the" eye opener. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90JW1fTw8U
Part 1-3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLYV0_6zY8

Sorry for the long post. This is my journey and thought I would share my story. Because of the empirical revelations I have found during my research, I had to share with you fine folks. My journey has only just begun and I am looking fwd to learning and interacting with you fine folks.

BTW! How does one add a signature?

I took the "red pill" years ago :) Take care...

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
^^Addendum^^:
I forgot to mention that statins are known to promote the development of Type2 diabetes in non-diabetic individuals.