What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big problems with bubblers – DWC, RDWC grower's opinions

JohnM

How often do you have problems with bubblers stopping up, making less or no bubbles?
What brand of bubbler (diffuser) stops up least?
Can you clean bubblers and make them work good again or just pitch them in the trash and buy a new one?
Thanks

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
(Edit: I don't have issues, because I toss out stones every run) New flowering run, new stones. Use r/o water only, never let it dry out. I grab the 2-4" airstones available at whatever hydro shop I'm going through.

Dollar

How often do you have problems with bubblers stopping up, making less or no bubbles?
Can you clean bubblers and make them work good again or just pitch them in the trash and buy a new one?
Thanks

Buy the active aqua cylindrical air stones. Theyre the best and Ive tried em all. I`ve been using the same ones for years. I bought them once and re-use them. I run a live rez so mine stop performing about every other run on average. I scrub them with a toothbrush and tap water to remove the gunk on the outside. Then put them in a pan submersed in tap water and boil for 10 minutes. They work like brand new every time. Hope this helps

Absolem

Train wreck? The grow has come a long way since you last shit in my thread. Not even 30 days since first pistils. Now loaded with buds

Does anybody beside his suck-ups think it's a train wreck?

View attachment 454555 View attachment 454556 View attachment 454559

View attachment 454557 View attachment 454558

I agree with CooterB.

Sorry PetFlora but those plants look like garbage. Bunch of fucked up one fingered leaves. One fingered plants are a hammer to the head that something is messed up.....badly. It looks like they tried to grow some 3-5 fingered leaves towards the bottom early on but reverted back to the one finger banger. Those plants are sick and have some serious problems going on.

Don't want to offer any advice because people who do on your thread are met with snide remarks and insults. Not because they jacked ya a bit but simply criticized your sick plants which obvious is to everybody but you.

Before you go off on how many "views" your thread has it's not as many as you think. I do visit your thread now and then just to see the disconnect between what is written and the state your plants are in.

Your thread has 35,00 views and 305 replies which are mainly you talking about what farting around you did in your grow.
35,000/305=114 views per post.

Let's look at my thread which I don't shamelessly plug 4-5 times a week like you.
14,000 views and 53 replies.
14,000/53=264 views per post.

I have more than twice the views per post you do and I don't even push my thread on people once a week.

Why don't you post pictures of your buds in the photo section in the "frostiest Buds" thread or the "free your budshots" and get some real feedback? Or just ask for some feedback in your thread on what people really think about your plants? Why don't the dank growers on this site visit your thread and talk it up? You should step back and view your thread from a third person point of view and you might find some new insight. Fuck it. Just carry on like you've been.

Here's some of my gear day 22 12/12
picture.php

I normally chuck clogged ones. I average 2 runs with a live rez and maxibloom. They are cheap to replace. Also buy extra as they are occasionally junk out of the box.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'll third the "Stay out of PetFlora" threads. Poor attitude notwithstanding, the information is best found elsewhere.

Thanks for the tip @Dollar, I'll have to give that a try. :)
Nice looking rack there @absolom. :)
Save

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Thanks

Only had a clog happen once. Dunked it H202/water mix and ran it for a few minutes. Scrubbed and rinsed- seemed just fine. And I'll second the cylindrical/disc airstone. It just makes sense at any volume of tote or barrel.

And sorry PF- but that thread is bogus.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dcnx1sZXUAAmDlt.jpg
    Dcnx1sZXUAAmDlt.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 17

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Visit my thread. I cover all of this in detail

Your post is off topic from the question asked by the OP! :tiphat:

Thanks

Air stones in veg nutes last longer for me then the air stone that are in flower nutes. Eventually they all plug up at some point. I've cleaned and re-used some air stone as a experiment to see if I could. It's easier just to replace them. I've gotten bad air stone over the years. I've seen manufacturing defects over the years. The plastic piece that is glued to the "air stone" the glue wasn't applied 100% and air bubbles would come out from around the glued/plastic part. I've seen ones that stop up after several weeks, where others that where put in at the same time just keep putting out bubbles.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your post is off topic from the question asked by the OP! :tiphat:

Air stones in veg nutes last longer for me then the air stone that are in flower nutes. Eventually they all plug up at some point. I've cleaned and re-used some air stone as a experiment to see if I could. It's easier just to replace them. I've gotten bad air stone over the years. I've seen manufacturing defects over the years. The plastic piece that is glued to the "air stone" the glue wasn't applied 100% and air bubbles would come out from around the glued/plastic part. I've seen ones that stop up after several weeks, where others that where put in at the same time just keep putting out bubbles.

Please show me where. OPs question is titled The Problem With Bubblers and I said I covered this in my thread.

Now the post that should have drawn your input is cooterbrowns

5/07 12:45 he said "Stop directing people to your train wreck mr. know it all " , or his 2 follow up posts #9 and 12, or did you miss those, too?

C

cooterbrown420

Please show me where. OPs question is titled The Problem With Bubblers and I said I covered this in my thread.

5/07 12:45 he said "Stop directing people to your train wreck mr. know it all " , or his 2 follow up posts #9 and 12, or did you miss those, too?

Damn so you are a horrible grower and a snitch? Not really the best qualities to have my friend

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

Post a link to where you're talking about the air stone issue in your thread instead of saying "I've covered that in my thread already, come visit it". That is like saying I have several piles of straw and there is a needle in one of them and once you find it you'll have all of your information.

You know you could just ignore cooterbrowns and he or she could just ignore you. It's one of those two way streets.

PetFlora, in your own way by always posting in others threads for them to "come visit my thread" you are coming off like you are being a troll, at least that is how you come off sounding to others. Almost all of your first posts I come across in other threads over the years you are saying "come visit my thread".

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Post a link to where you're talking about the air stone issue in your thread instead of saying "I've covered that in my thread already, come visit it". That is like saying I have several piles of straw and there is a needle in one of them and once you find it you'll have all of your information.

You know you could just ignore cooterbrowns and he or she could just ignore you. It's one of those two way streets.

PetFlora, in your own way by always posting in others threads for them to "come visit my thread" you are coming off like you are being a troll, at least that is how you come off sounding to others. Almost all of your first posts I come across in other threads over the years you are saying "come visit my thread".

Clearly you have not bothered to look at my thread or even the title which is Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings
, but somehow, you feel the need to chime in. Why is that? AND, you took the time to call me out (when you shouldn't have) but failed to call out CB,
WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE

C

cooterbrown420

Clearly you have not bothered to look at my thread or even the title which is Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings
, but somehow, you feel the need to chime in. Why is that? AND, you took the time to call me out (when you shouldn't have) but failed to call out CB,
WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE

quit tattle telling man it really makes you look bad. You have been snarky and rude to anyone who comes to your thread offering any tips or advice. You constantly troll other threads telling people to go to your shit thread. Your thread should be in the infirmary and should be a sticky for what not to do. I must say it is impressive that your plants are still alive after all the abuse they have been through. Do me a favor and keep my name out of your mouth. Like everyone keeps saying we only visit your thread for laughs