What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Regular Family Doctor VS Online Service for ACMPR

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
So after doing some research into this and someones recommendation on here to use https://www.cannabisgrowingcanada.com/

It's gonna cost 1200. Just wondering who's gone to their regular family doctor, paid nothing and gotten a prescription that allowed them a couple hundred plants?

I've got a feeling most regular doctors will laugh at you if you try to get a prescription for 100+ plants= 20 grams per day @ 4.9 Plants per daily gram

I guess these services exist for a reason, but before I go down that route, I want to make sure its not as easy peasy as seeing 2-3 doctors and after 1 day hitting the pavement youve got the prescription and then you just apply yourself.

Thanks, excited to be able to grow legally

redlaser

Veteran
Not sure how it works in Canada, but in California some doctors will write scripts for high plant counts for extra money. ( I used to get 80 for an extra 50$, called it an exemption or similar).

Getting the script is the easy part, hard part is finding a doctor that would go to court and sound good if you got in trouble by the cops for high plant count.

I used juicing as a reason for needing a lot of plant material.

clearheaded

Jesus no dont pay!! Plenty of free scripts for moat provinces now. Many will give 15g + day if actually have a reason why, all for free. mcrci is a pay but 150,dont pay more then that!

I think a lot of it depends on the doctor you are speaking with. If cannabis is helping you deal with your health issues, many doctors will support you in that. There is no harm in talking to your family doctor. And more than likely you will need to have some medical documentation which the service will then obtain before you see their doctor. Just expect a long wait to get your paperwork back from health Canada. I was told between 5-8 months recently. Have you already gone to the health Canada website to print off your personal production forms?

Do they help you with growing permits,etc. or do they just want to sell you their moldy bunk?

I just want to grow and be left alone. Even legal weed buying sucks and I hate it.

I want my own strains and to know what goes into them. :)

They will help you with the forms, but most importantly, have doctors that will sign you off on your prescription. Although you will need medical documents from your family doctor or a walk in clinic doctor to begin the process I believe, or at least I did. They can also connect you with an LP for an interim supply and or starting material (even if you don't need it). I just used this service and am sending off all of my paperwork today to Health Canada so if you have questions ask away, or send a pm if you prefer. If you get your ducks in a row, I would guess you would have your medical document in hand in under two weeks.

Gmack

Come back every two weeks to update us on the wait. Well over a month is what I'm hearing or both new apps and renewals. Hc recently charged their policy so applicants will at least get their full grow term as the papaerworks start date is the day hc approves it not the day the doctor signs the form.

clearheaded

the paperwork is nothing. its ur name address etc. just let them know you want to grow, they often prefer you sign up with an LP aswell as legally(depending on the medical college rules in your province) i think it helps and they may get some kick backs when you order which keeps the price down... no big deal as long as you get your right to grow :) plus getting LP cards makes it easy to get medical discounts at hydro or headshops etc...15% off some rockwool, papers or vaporizer is worth it right there with no need to try and ask for a deal and also streamline things at the airport. easier to have a card then 8X15 paper.

Be careful of low cost or "free" clinics. These are all businesses that are here for profit. None are helping you for free. If they didnt make huge profits, they wouldnt exist, simple as that.

The free clinics make money on the back end of things. Like mentioned above they get kick backs from the LP, some wont sign your grow script unless you sign with an LP as well.

The real money comes with the "client lists". Your personal info is valued at $50 to $200 depending on the LP. New LP's or existing LPs will email all the clinics, if you can call them that, and ask about client lists.

The free clinics will sell your personal information to the LP. They use this for demographics, email sales campaigns, and more importantly they use this for funding. They go to the banks, investors, ect with a list of patients. Your name, DOB, address, email, phone ect is used to get more cash.

This is a weekly or by-weekly deal. Your info is being sold all over the place. Some of these "clinics" are actually owned by U.S corporations so your private info ends up down there.

They like to throw around the words "compassionate" and use a front of helping others. Dont be fooled, they were started by business men and entrepenures who want to make as much money as possible. Theres nothing wrong with that of course, but just be careful. A popular one is NAC. They charge like $50 or something for the script, but you must sign up for an LP. They are the kings of selling private info. The owner lives in a 2m penthouse in Ottawa and is often seen out partying with politicians, strippers, blowing big stacks. Again, nothing wrong with that, but hes not going to get rich of selling my personal info.

The reason I know this is im close friends with the owners of one of the pay to play online services. They get calls daily from LP sales teams offering all sorts of incentives and trying to buy personal info. They hate LPs. They have been growers for many years before medical even existed here and are morally against them. They charge more upfront, but thats where it ends. Your info is safe.

Its common sense. Unless its a regular family doctor, the clinic is not supported by provincial health coverage. They have to keep the lights on somehow.

I guess if you dont care about that, then go for the cheaper price. But lets be real, a couple grand is nothing compared to the amount those looking for a 60g a day grow.

Gmack

That is highly illegal. I'm not saying it can't happen but without any evidence of it being widespread I wouldn't worry about it. It is you medical info and is protected by law. Too much money to loose to sell it Willy nilly.

This is first hand info, Ill see if I can get a copy of the next email they send. Corporations dont give a shit about laws and have expensive lawyers to circumvent them. And they technically arent selling medical info, just personal info. The LP doesnt care about your "adhd" or whatever, they just want your name and email. The biggest reason is to raise funding. They need to show banks and investors client lists, the bigger the list, the bigger the loan.

Everything in this industry is shady. I have a buddy that works at Tweed, its not far from my house. He gets my stuff tested there all the time. They have asked about buying one of my clones from me, illegally. They sell shit out the back door, mainly trim to the big black market edible companies.

Off topic, but they are working on a way to "clone" a plant from a dry bud. Breaking it down to the molecules, and rebuilding it. This way any super strain, they just need to get a hold of a piece of it, and they can recreate it. Pretty crazy.

gbalive

Everything in this industry is shady. They sell shit out the back door, mainly trim to the big black market edible companies.

Well they can't just forget about bob after all..:biggrin:
and they have to have some type of profit...:moon:
even if it is a ccccash business no one can keep track of...:party:

supernuck

I just saw Natural Health Services to get a 5g per day prescription and my ACMPR and I was not impressed. They seemed to be doing everything they could come up with to get me to reconsider growing my own, try LP products and save myself the hassle etc. The runaround to setup the second appointment for the ACMPR paperwork was annoying but I was very persistent. I have used cannabis for anxiety for 17 years and a few months ago blew out a disc which compromised my femoral nerve. I had stacks of medical paperwork with me and they didn't once ask to see a single piece of it hahaha. Got everything sorted finally but wow, talk about a pain in the ass! Cost me 22 bucks to have them file the paperwork.

Am I able to switch to another clinic if I want to change my prescription? I have all my medical documents but my family doc is ollllld school and not on board. 5g a day is a great start and I feel blessed to finally be legit, but 25 plants is my mothers, a flower rotation and not even a pack of seeds popped. This leaves me very little space for veg and cuts. I need to start producing CBD meds for my disc injury and need more numbers to start seeds etc but I don't think NHS is willing to do anything else for me. Can I just use another clinic of my choosing? I have looked at MCRCI and paying a couple hundred dollars to bump to 10-12 g per day isn't an issue for me if it is a hassle free process that doesn't feel like someone is trying to sell me a fuckin timeshare 😅😅🙏

Gmack

Only signing for upto 5 gpd is a classic sign the clinic you chose is lp funded. Now your in though you can figure out how much work you want to put into your garden and get a script next year to match your skills/stamina. Stay off opioids if possible and start taking cannibis oil orally for pain relief.

This is the latest price list I was given, maybe not the cheapest but I know they do good work and have a solid doctor. Recently some idiot tried bringing some over the border, got stopped, and showed his script. Licence hadnt even came in yet. The border guys called the doctor at 1am, the doctor answered, verified the script for them, and somehow the dude ended up walking away with no charges or anything. Bonehead move for sure, but the doc was there to back him up.

***PLEASE NOTE HST IS NOT INCLUDED***

10g* per day =* *$600* (49 plants)
30g* per day = **$1200 (146 plants)
60g* per day =* *$1800 (292 plants)
80g* per day = **$3000 (390 plants)
100g per day = * $5000 (487 plants)
120g per day++ Please contact us for pricing and options

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Thanks for chiming in with your experiences guys! Im just learning about this whole AMCPR thing now, and even the previous MMAR program. I never even considered it because I thought It was very strictly regulated for full one medical patients. Reading into it now I realize there are a lot of people able to find a doctor who will write the prescription and they are good to go. I think at best my regular family doctor will give me 5G / Per day. I have plantar fasciitis, which basically means my feet hurt so much all the time that I choose to only take the most necessary of steps everyday. I don't think a regular doctor would give me a 30/g day prescription, which would give me 146 plants, I would be good with around 100 plants. So these services that have their own designated doctors basically have doctors that don't give a shit and just sit behind a desk at home writing hundreds of prescriptions pf 30G per day to anyone and everyone who will pay. Probably making 250K at least! haha. Are these types of services and these types of doctors where you pay big bucks the only option for me to get a 30g prescription.

Haven't moved forward on it yet, just doing a bit of research into the options before I go down a path. Gonna see mcrci.com caan do, and then the last resource will be this one"30g* per day = **$1200 (146 plants)" from growingcannabis website big al posted.
Im assuming that they get you in no matter what. Im sure I can find plenty of things wrong with me ;)

Side note, its funny how cannabis works for anxiety and depression, Im constantly battling getting period when I smoke up, Its like their are enjoyable things and benefits but always this cost, negative effect that I need to battle to make it worth it. Sometimes I have to force myself to smoke up since I need to test strains and phenos and growing experiments. LOL. I like growing it more than smoking it I guess.

Gmack

That's not how it works. Leo's don't call the doctor they call health Canada hotline and if your legal they tell the cop so. Someone's telling you a story there. First of all us border guards don't give a fuck if your legal or not you will get arrested. And if he was coming back inot Canada it's still illigal to cross with cannabis even if your are legal inside of canada. Your buddy's at the dope clinic are feeding you lines of bullshit. Again.

Last edited: