What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CongoxKaliChina Fem limited edition March 2017

Morthan Hobby

Thanks Dubi,
I will try to get some pics and post very soon. Just harvesting now.
Originally Posted by dubi

Hi Morthan Hobby,

Thanks for supporting our work and our limited editions.
If you can post pics of the different phenos in our room then i can help you to identify the phenos.

or you can send me the pics to: info@aceseeds.org

Kind regards, dubi
Originally Posted by Morthan Hobby

Purchased these March 2017 but cannot find much info about them.
I'm on my 3rd cycle and mine finish with chunky buds in 70 days with moderate stretch. Still trying to determine the best of the 3 phenos I have.
Thanks in advance if you can elaborate on this.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Northampton Hobby, welcome to the forum's and the Ace family. I'm looking forward to seeing your grow. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Morthan Hobby,

Thanks for supporting our Congo x Kali China limited edition :)

I have checked your album and the 3 plants seem that have produced a very similar outcome, at least based on their appearance, they all looks congolese dominant but chunkier thanks to Kali China influence .... guess i would need to smell them, taste them and smoke them to be able to confirm which is the best one from the 3, so i would recommend you to choose the one that you like more.

Regards!

Morthan Hobby

Dubi, Thanks for your input.
I will be "testing" as they cure.
Also running Golden Tiger, Bangi Haze, Destroyer, Miss Colombia, Prayer Tower, Dream Beaver, Delicious Critical Sensi Star and White Choco Haze.

Morthan Hobby

After 90 day cure I am still unable to choose which of the 3 is better. They all do what they're supposed to and do it well. I have another group started to try to narrow down my 3 to 1 that stands out.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's a great sign Morthan Hobby! :D

Glad all the 3 Congo x Kali China females you have grown have enough good qualities to make a second round with them :yes:

donargen

I don't see many posts on this one so I thought I'd share a few pics of this is in the garden. It has dense and dark green leaves and was quite a slow-burner in terms of the flavour profile coming through.

It's flowering quite well now with some good thickening to be seen. These are some close ups from yesterday. I'll grab some more pics of the plant shortly so I can share the structure of it.

Attachments

• congo3.jpg
    congo3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
  • congo1.jpg
    congo1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 26
  • congo2.jpg
    congo2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 22

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice donargen :)

I didn't know you were also growing this limited edition :yes:
You are right, looks like i miss to create a thread dedicated to Congo x Kali China :chin:

Seems all your ACE plants will be ready by the second half of this month. We are almost there! ;)

Morthan Hobby

My 2nd run of these was much improved over the 1st. Next run I'll be fine tuning. It produces nice chunky buds full of trichomes with a very nice effect. The 1st run is now aged and shows lots of promise. Glad I was able to get some of these limited edition seeds. Looking forward to future cycles.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Morthan Hobby :)

Glad to hear your 2nd round with Congo x Kali China went even better than the first round. :yes:
Thanks for your interest and for supporting our limited editions.
Wish Congo x Kali China stays in your garden for a long time! ;)

donargen

Yes this one certainly deserves its own thread. it's somewhat of a slow-burner of a plant. The others I have started to reveal their aromas very early on in the cycle whereas the congo x kalichina has only recently come thorough.

To me it's starting to show a lemon like zest to it - similar to what many plants do at the very early stages of the cycle however I'm guessing that the lemon is going to stay with the plant now. It's got other notes to - quite herbal which are becoming more prominent and there a tough of a regular incense stick flavour coming through as well. It's certainly becoming more complex and for a good while there was little coming from this plant flavour wise.

Definitely very Christmas tree like in its structure now and with the recent storms we've had I've had to put in more support for the plant rather than letting it bend towards the afternoon sun.

The buds have really increased in size over the past two weeks and there are some juice ones on this one. Probably another three weeks or so yet.

Not sure how this will compare with some of the others in the garden. I used to like kali mist when I lived in Amsterdam so will be interesting so revisit an update on that one.

Attachments

• congo4.jpg
    congo4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 29
  • congo5.jpg
    congo5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
  • congo6.jpg
    congo6.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 28

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi donargen,

I know the weather was terribly stormy and unstable in our area at harvest time, but curious to know how did your outdoor grow end up despite all the rains at the end of flowering. Hope you managed to harvest a good quantity of quality buds from each strain.

Morthan Hobby, please keep us updated with your new endeavours!

StrongTree

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]30 days since germination....potted up to 7 gal soil - CONGO KALI[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

StrongTree

Just flipped my 3 girls. Anxious to find the best of the 3 for the new year.

Hey there i did same dec 31...filpped congkali...mine is from fem seed - veged about 60 days from sprouting...about 14 inches tall untopped in 7gallons soil

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 23

Morthan Hobby

Looks nice. Mine are in 3gal pots and looking good in the short time since flip. Glad I topped them all a couple of times. They've filled out nicely. Flipped 12/19.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: