What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nope, I'm not dead yet!

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi friends, I'm back. It's been about 6 years, but I'm glad to see that my account and most of my good friends are still here! In recent years, some Greengenes imposters have appeared on youtube and various other sites, so there's understandable skepticism about my authenticity. There was also a rumor about my demise, which as the man said, has been greatly exaggerated!

Swami is now the curator of Greengenes' Cherry Bomb and has seeds for sale, but breeders and growers are contacting me regularly asking for advice with it, so it seems that my efforts here on ICMAG to make CB public domain were successful beyond anything I could have wished for.

In the last few years I've been working on breeding projects with some local SoCal indoor growers and some outdoor growers up in the emerald triangle. It's been a great opportunity to see my genetics side by side with others in huge outdoor grows. It was also a great way to meet and make friends with a group of people that are notoriously hard to reach.

My 'Oreo' cut has traveled far and wide, again thanks to friends here on ICMAG. It's an F1 hybrid of (my friend grew up in Durban, brought the seeds) Durban Poison and an unknown sativa strain*, so the high is very stimulating and 'up'. Many people have noticed that Oreo suppresses appetite. Recent studies on THCv support that, and also identify the SA sativas as being high in it. It seems like the name Durban Poison is getting very popular, but after growing it myself, I have a feeling that most of it is just DP in name.

Personally, I've been working hard, but life is really good. I have a 2 year old son now, and I'm 61 so I have to plan to live long! My great friend and bandmate, soul singer Babi Floyd passed away a few years ago. Babi named me Mr. Greengenes around 1976. The name comes from a Frank Zappa song, 'Son of Mr. Greengenes'. Apparently, Babi could see the future in addition to his gigantic musical talents.

I'm also a regular panelist on the Thursday evening youtube podcast, "Growing With Fishes". We're allegedly about aquaponics, but truth is we talk about anything and everything cannabis related. There is a chatroom feature so you can ask questions. We've had lots of famous guests and there are at least a years worth of archives, so it's worth a peek.

Mr. Greengenes

*I call it SS for Starke Samen, because my friend who gave me the seeds is German. But, my South African grower friend suggested that it appears similar to Jack Herer in many ways, and I agree.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Weird, dank.frank and Gypsy! Yeah GN, but I think you're the one who's life has been most...exciting lately, yeah?

Speaking of which, I want to invite you to appear on our podcast if you can find a spare hour one Thursday evening? We really want to hear about your recent adventures in the Philippines and elsewhere, and your life in general.

Did I tell you I'm lucky to have a big Filipino family as well? I've never been, but hope to go soon. My wifes family is up in Illocos Norte and Santiago.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes!

Greengenes

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sometimes its not the kind of 'exciting' you might be looking for, but yeah, certainly entertaining to be able to discuss it all after the events..

My wife's family are from Camerines Sur, about an hour out of Naga City and I have visited that Bicol area a few times over the years and found it interesting...

I have never done a 'podcast' before, so am a tad hesitant...I guess that I could figure it out somehow, but first I would need a time for London (GMT)....because you only say 'Thursday evening'....and my Thursday evening might well be a different time than your Thursday evening, if you catch my drift, since I don't know where you are.

Hmmm, all these new fangled inventions, they just blow my mind!
Thanks Weird, dank.frank and Gypsy! Yeah GN, but I think you're the one who's life has been most...exciting lately, yeah?

Speaking of which, I want to invite you to appear on our podcast if you can find a spare hour one Thursday evening? We really want to hear about your recent adventures in the Philippines and elsewhere, and your life in general.

Did I tell you I'm lucky to have a big Filipino family as well? I've never been, but hope to go soon. My wifes family is up in Illocos Norte and Santiago.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes!

Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi herbgreen, Mtn. Nectar, 3rd-3yed, gaiusmarius, OvergrowDaWorld, CosmicGiggle, resinryder, thanks for the welcomes!

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed hanging with my friends here. Reading over the recent threads reminds me that this site is full of passionate connoisseurs and that I still have lots to learn. I'm going to make the time to try to make myself useful around here again, that's a promise.

herbgreen, our hosts name is Steve, but he's only about 30 so I'm pretty sure it's not breeder steve.

Gypsy, we're in Southern California. We start at 6:30pm our time, but that's around 2am for you I think. We're having a similar problem with Jorge Cervantes, I think he's in Australia. Steve was talking about having the cast at a different time so Jorge could make it on, so I'm sure we could do the same for you.

I'm certainly no expert with these new fangled things either brother! It was a big deal for me to accept their invitation and actually show my face. Which, by the way, you don't have to do (but you should, cuz you're a handsome guy!). There are a few panelists in illegal states who don't stream video.

I usually just use my shmart phone, but a laptop with a camera is better because my old eyes can't see the little screen. I'll PM you with my e-mail.

Thanks again everyone for your welcomes!

Greengenes

Latest posts

Latest posts