What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BREEDERS: Want to test the hardiness of your seeds? Pick me. I KILL EVERTHING GREEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brown_thumb

Yep, you read the title correctly. I'm the crappiest wannabe gardener I've ever seen. I can just touch a seed and I hear it scream in terror. I suppose one could say, my reputation "pre-seeds" me. :whistling:

If you want to prove your strains can survive every commonly known horrific gardening screw-up known to science, I'm definitely your guy. I'm poor, ugly and dumb as a tree stump, but my one good trait is I'm an A-hole.

So bring 'em on, breeders. I FRIGGIN' DARE YOU!! :nanana: :moon: :sasmokin:

EDIT: In the USA or Britain? Maybe don't send anything here in the deep south... ya'll. :D

St. Phatty

It helps if you try to start seeds in a soil from the front yard - that is mostly clay.

The seeds wake up & find themselves trying to grow in something a lot like cement.

brown_thumb

Thanks, Phatty. However, I'm already very successful at failure. ;) :tiphat:

Seeds, seeds... so many beautiful seeds... I can kill them all. :look at this:

BREEDERS: I do my best to raise bountiful crops but I truly SUCK at gardening. I research all the time but the more I learn, the more I know that I know NOTHING. If you have very forgiving strains that can survive the DUMBEST of growers then I'm your ticket to fame. Offer those un-kill-able strains to us complete morons... PLEASE!! We need all the help we can get!! Let the WORST gardener on the planet (me) prove you have truly BAD-ASS survivors.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The offer doesn't sound very enticing to be honest.

All you need to know is on these forums. Pick a journal and emulate that. Start your own journal and people will help you.

But I doubt anyone wants to take the time, spend the money, or the risk to send you seeds to kill. Or at best make their genetics look bad.

Get some skunk 1 seeds and improve your skills, if you kill those, find someone to buy weed from.

Best of luck!

CaptainDankness

Thanks, Phatty. However, I'm already very successful at failure. ;) :tiphat:

Seeds, seeds... so many beautiful seeds... I can kill them all. :look at this:

BREEDERS: I do my best to raise bountiful crops but I truly SUCK at gardening. I research all the time but the more I learn, the more I know that I know NOTHING. If you have very forgiving strains that can survive the DUMBEST of growers then I'm your ticket to fame. Offer those un-kill-able strains to us complete morons... PLEASE!! We need all the help we can get!! Let the WORST gardener on the planet (me) prove you have truly BAD-ASS survivors.
Don't water your plants with urine. Lol

Maybe buy some tomato seeds for practice, cheap and you can buy them at Walmart. If you can grow nice tomatoes you can grow nice herb as long as you dry and cure properly.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started with cheap weed that had more seed and stem than leaf. Yes leaf, not flower.

I learned. But, I also bought more of that trash once I learned, so I had some cheap seeds to play with. Now, all anyone has to do is follow the link in my signature.

Like Lester said, the only reason to suck is CHOSEN ignorance.

dank.Frank

brown_thumb

Folks, mostly I'm just self-denigrating in an "attempt" at humor. But I'm also being a lousy beggar at the same time. Some breeders do offer free seeds to those who promise to post grow journals. In fact, I'm doing that now.

I thought perhaps this oddball approach at begging would entice one or two or three or four... breeders to offer seeds in exchange for grow journals... and at the same time bring forth strain offerings which truly are nearly kill-proof.

Oh well, I must suck at begging too. ;)

brown_thumb

BREEDERS: For whatever it's worth, I only murdered half of the current batch of seeds from another breeder. The other half are growing well. I'll try harder to fffuu... mess these up but I suspect they'll survive my tireless attempts to kill them. Below is a pic from 20180329... will update image tomorrow.

picture.php

brown_thumb

Strong thread asking for free seeds.

Yeah, I'm a shameless worthless beggar. There's some benefit to having lost all of one's pride due being so fiscally challenged.:D

The pic below is one of the tiny greenhouses I'm using for young plants. There are small tower fans located at the back to keep the air moving. I set the plants outside on the bench in full morning sun at 9:00 and water them at 11:00 to let them drain until 12:00 at which time I move them into the greenhouses. The soil is wet enough to raise humidity inside. I leave a small part of the door unzipped at the top to allow hot air to escape and pull fresh air in through the bench slats. They stay inside protected from blistering dry heat until 5:00PM, at which time the sunlight is blocked by the metal fence the greenhouses are located near. Then they're removed from the greenhouses and transported to the opposite side of the yard for more full sun. They may stay there until nearly sunset or might only be exposed for thirty minutes, depending on how hot, sunny and dry it is. If they stay out until sunset, they're moved into a grow box with 5K LED lights and a few incandescent bulbs (for a bit of long red light). There's a small window air conditioner to keep the box cool. The A/C is located at the bottom of the box to provide coolest temperature at the roots. The temperature/humidity differential between roots and leaves encourages transpiration. The box is very poorly sealed so there's plenty of fresh air exchange. If the plants are moved long before the sun sets, they're first moved into a lean-to walk-in greenhouse that only receives filtered late afternoon sunlight, then later moved to the grow box before the sunlight becomes too dim.

The plants have always received a total of thirteen hours of light (13/11). It's just about time to move most of these outside permanently because sunlight has reach thirteen hours per day and is increasing. They'll continue to need some protection from blistering dry heat for awhile though.

The smaller 8-15cm plants are the freebies from a vendor for which I have a current grow journal. These were started later than the larger plants. I murdered five of the poor buggers with my negligence but five are doing well. Only those with green or orange markers are the freebies. Some of the freebies are in a different greenhouse. I'll post a better photo of those as a group tomorrow.

The color is uneven because there's a green shade on the top of the greenhouse to minimized excess heat during midday sunlight.

picture.php

F

Freedom45

No one cares dude. You are a moron who is begging for seeds and acts like a 22 year old. Good luck with it all. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.