You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
AutoMalawi x NL and hazes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2018, 02:14 PM #1
orfeas

orfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to all
AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

I’d always disdained autoflowering hybrids till the year before when I gave them a go and got meself bullocks…I didn’t take it out entirely on the dwarf I grew out despite having made almost no mistakes in the process …
Now, after having seen what ULMW produced indoors, I got baked and bought a few beans to play around and why not harvest some decent bud midsummer…never done that before…

Equinox was when this little toddler broke ground and another bean found its way into the water in the cup. When it sprouts, the next one will follow and so on…that will be an eight to ten day hiatus…
I really want to see meself pulling this through…

orfeas

P.S.
The horse the turd and the toddler rather infant
Any odd man out? Nope!
They ‘re perfectly compatible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100266.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	450461 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100267.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	450462 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100269.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	450463

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:28 PM #2
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to beholddeepwaterdude is a splendid one to behold
What a sweet little patch of horse/poo/plant I'm gonna do the same with the auto, see how we go;o)
deepwaterdude is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 01:22 AM #3
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Best of luck Orfeas. I'm going the same route this season. Looking forward to seeing your grow.
Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 09:50 PM #4
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud of
Have a great season cavron!Grabbing a seat!I see there is quite a few of us that will try the automalawi way...Wish you luck mate
Syd Barrett is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM #5
orfeas

orfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to allorfeas is a name known to all
why thank you dear lads!
however dwarfish it may look, its boner's already jutting out of the 10cm transparent cup bottom...

now March's turned wintry again but my "primitive" HPS set up says "no knickers in a twist" ... will keep my toms and autos in there till it gets real springish again...soon enough methinks...

it'll be very interesting to see how this hybrid performs in different environments ...

orfeas
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1100270.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	450778

Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 PM #6
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Hi orfeas friend,

Really happy to see you are already starting the outdoor season

I was also quite reticent at the beginning to grow autos, but now i have learnt that they have their own space, especially for outdoor growing from spring to early summer as you can have an extra harvest without need to wait for the classic autummn harvest of the photodependant strains, so the auto harvest is a plus, nothing wrong with that Although of course i prefer the classic photodependant strains for growing and smoking.

You would be surprised how vigorous and how good yielding this F3 Auto Malawi x NL can be, i wouldn't underrate her and would plant her in a really big pot and place her in a very sunny place so you can maximize her growth in the upcoming 4 weeks or so, before she start to flower inevitably.

Hopefully in early summer you change your mind and you start to have a good opinion about the autos! Take care and best wishes for the season!
dubi is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:13 PM #7
orfeas

Thanks heaps, hefe!
I took a closer look at the photos you uploaded mid August...I did get somewhat startled, to say the least, never thought autos could grow that massive and now I must rearrange some...
Well, the sunlight's getting more intense by the day and temps follow suit...my dilemma now is whether to keep the toddler at home, taking it out basking during the day and by sundown under the MH illumination, or transplant it into a 50lt pot and let it tackle the elements on its own...what say you amigos?
Meanwhile I've been quite busy preparing this and that down my patch, collecting worms from the evidently healthy soil and let them thrive and do their thing in the 50lt pot...must have everything up and running, for May will be quite hectic with all these Hazes I'm aspiring to grow...and then there's these Kalamata beans itching and itching...I know I'll end up giving away a few...
Now, the last picture goes to show that trading is still alive and well in my niche of the world, so I don't have to wish I were a fisherman... a few fish for a few OE nugs, fair enough...

orfeas
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1100278.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	451308 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100277.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	451309 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100274.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	451310 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100271.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	451311

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:07 PM #8
The_Skunkist

The_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to allThe_Skunkist is a name known to all
Hi here! Hi Orfeas !

A big rule about autos : no transplanting, they have to go directly in their definitive pot . ( but there are always special cases )

I have written a post yesterday about that and more : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=155

The roots scan the bottom of the pot and the soil quantity .
That's why they can flower earlier in small pots and later in big pots . (And on autoreg the extremity of the mainroot broken drives to a male). Small pots = dwarf inducers ( for most of autos)

As Dubi said, big pot and heavy light as soon as possible .

@Dubi Automatic plants have the tendency to "democratize" ganja growing . It is not a bad thing . And autofem are actually the reality of the seeds market.

Another thing, worms in pots have tendencies to tamp the soil on time .

I was very excited about this strain when it was realised . So I'm still lurking and will have a try soon or later.

Have a good grow !
The_Skunkist is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:27 AM #9
Ksaderfo

Ksaderfo will become famous soon enoughKsaderfo will become famous soon enoughKsaderfo will become famous soon enough
Good luck Orfeas! (so that's where you are... haven't seen you in a while).

I like autos.. Sure they are a bit more "potato-ish" but you can harvest before the worms show up...

I was thinking of growing one of these "bigger yielding" autos my self.. Like this Auto Malawi x NL and some stuff from sweet seeds... The Big Devil 2 comes to mind...

So I'm gonna hang around and see how it goes for you... Promise I'll behave!
In public, it is the world's leading supplier of...
computer technology, medical products and healthcare.
Unknown even to its own employees,
its massive profits are generated by... military technology, genetic experimentation and viral weaponry.
Ksaderfo is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2018, 01:50 PM #10
Kaskadian

Kaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to allKaskadian is a name known to all
Looks like it's gonna be a promising show! I'm pulling up a chair broski.

2018 Indoors: ACE Purple Haze x Honduras (Landrace Sativa) Coco Grow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8176377

2017 Outdoors (45N) Bogglegum, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342429
Kaskadian is offline Quote