What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zkittles

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
runtz is the best zkittles cross I tried.
regular RUNTZ. The taste is super loud not watered down

You're the second person I've heard give a nod that direction. It tells me there is at least some promise in the hybrids.

Need to use Runtz as the standard to compare the Zkittles x Sour D Bx2 plants.

dank.Frank

redlaser

Veteran
Ran a skittles and a sunset sherbet last year, won’t grow either again because of low potency issues.
Both had interesting smells, skittles was very Damascus rose smelling, overwhelming and unpleasant to me anyway. Like smoking a rose flower. Looked ok, medium to low effect though.

Sunset sherbet was a lot more impressive plant as far as weight/ bulk, had the fattest, fastest forming buds out of twenty different types of plants. Smell was unique and worthwhile, didn’t transfer to taste very well, only tried it a couple times before finding it a new home.

I have a blue skittles x 9lb hammer finishing this week, looks great, smell is odd enough I don’t even want to try it, which is a first. She got some STS overspray so wasn’t going to smoke it anyway.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There was a strain going around New England back in the day, early 90's named Runtz. Tasted like the candy with blow your head off potency. No idea what that was but structurally it looked like a skunk or skunk hybrid. Anyone remember that strain?

More precisely it tasted or the banana pieces in that candy. First erb I had that had a banana flavor. Big yielder, pretty loud surgery candy aroma, green bud.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember the Runtz banana candy flowers....fwiw...I've heard about it many times in my hunt for Monkey Paw. Not sure anyone knows what it is and if they do, they haven't surfaced yet.

dank.Frank

Nirrity

...ive heard shes good in joints and you can really taste it so that tells me shes got a high monoterpene content.
sorry to disappoint you but zkittlez has very low monoterpenes content.
zkittlez is somewhat unique because this is the only strain i've seen tested to be linalool dominant. limonene is the second monoterpene. otherwise it is caryophyllene dominant variety. another unique trait is that zkittlez can have high nerolidol content, like bubba or gorilla_glue. but all that is ruined by very low overall terpene content, it probably take a really skilled and well dialed grow to make it past 2,5% mark. on a side note gelato, sunset sherbert, zkittlez, cookies are all closely related if you look at their terpenes profiles.

Chappi

Anyone get herm tendencies on the zkittles? I’m growing an s1 from humboldtcsi and it has been a pretty solid grow, plant healthy and thriving but alas it looks like it’s growing some balls. I have another clone growing in the exact same conditions with no issues. This is the second humboldtcsi s1(the other chemdog) that have hermed on me.

Burt

Veteran
Anyone tried that moonbow from archive?
I have but it was a concentrate and it left me a bit disappointed. The moonbow had a number too which I can’t recall but it was from a legit dispensary and the haze terps weren’t appealing to me. For a sativa dom I much prefer Durban or even golden goat.
The moonbow flowers looks fantastic though. An easy 10 in looks

Chappi

Proof

Proof

Full on hermie, chopped it down :moon:
F1504618-7DAB-4850-B126-2A313BB96A99.jpg

11524716-F684-4502-935A-4BB9D52CC4EC.jpg

91CF2E5D-615B-4B65-B1CD-B96523FE1EC8.jpg

DL1943

seen lots of claims that zkittles is somehow related to cookies or sunset sherbert.

i believe this to be a case of strain name confusion. sunset sherbERT is gsc x pink panties or something to that effect by sherbinski - nice gassy cookie plant. afaik zkittles is not gassy, has no purple traits and does not taste like cookies...i find it more similar to fruit or citrus strains.

there is a cut that goes around norcal called sherbET. in my experience this cut has a very very similar citrus candy nose. very close to zkittles. many people theorize that sherbET, the citrusy candy norcal clone of unknown origin, to be a parent in some way to the zkittles, or that it possibly is the zkittles.

the very close spelling of sherbERT and sherbET, along with the fact that many have shortened the name of sunset sherbert to just "sherbert" or "sherb" has led to confusion between those two strains, and that confusion coupled with the associations between sherbET and zkittles have led some to believe that zkittles is related to sunset sherbert as a hybrid or s1. which opens up even more confusion in leading folks to believe zkittles is related to cookies at all. im fairly sure its not.

Chappi

hey Chappi, out of the pack, how many plants went hermie on you?

Popped two one hermied and one died. Not running the rest. Someone here is running the whole pack and is about to flower, we’ll see what they get. Hopefully it was a fluke.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
seen lots of claims that zkittles is somehow related to cookies or sunset sherbert.

i believe this to be a case of strain name confusion. sunset sherbERT is gsc x pink panties or something to that effect by sherbinski - nice gassy cookie plant. afaik zkittles is not gassy, has no purple traits and does not taste like cookies...i find it more similar to fruit or citrus strains.

there is a cut that goes around norcal called sherbET. in my experience this cut has a very very similar citrus candy nose. very close to zkittles. many people theorize that sherbET, the citrusy candy norcal clone of unknown origin, to be a parent in some way to the zkittles, or that it possibly is the zkittles.

the very close spelling of sherbERT and sherbET, along with the fact that many have shortened the name of sunset sherbert to just "sherbert" or "sherb" has led to confusion between those two strains, and that confusion coupled with the associations between sherbET and zkittles have led some to believe that zkittles is related to sunset sherbert as a hybrid or s1. which opens up even more confusion in leading folks to believe zkittles is related to cookies at all. im fairly sure its not.

That sherbet cut is awesome. Ran it a few seasons inland of Arcata for a few years. Amazing terpene profile that is strikingly similar to zkittles but you can tell they are different plants. I’m not sure if they are related or not. I can’t comment on that but I can say I prefer the NorCal SherBET cut over the zkittles