Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Cheap Foliar Nutrient For Very Pale Plant

Thread Title Search
-
Cheap Foliar Nutrient For Very Pale Plant Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 02:21 AM #1
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Cheap Foliar Nutrient For Very Pale Plant

I have one plant that is very spindly and pale yellowish compare to the others. I switched brands of liquid fertilizers this time but, other than my screw-ups, most are doing reasonably well, considering I tend to kill everything that's green.

After following directions from the nutrient maker, a well-respected high-end brand who shall remain nameless, nothing improved. So out of desperation I decided to go foliarly chemical on that one plant.

I bought a cheap generic version of Miracle Grow soluble high nitrogen granules (24/8/16), mixed it a bit weak, moved the plant out of direct sunlight into bright open shade, and sprayed it liberally. After it dried I moved it back into bright direct sunlight. After a few hours it already looked a tiny bit better. I'll spray it again in the morning before putting it in direct sunlight.

I thought I'd done something goofy with soil or nutrient PH but since this seems to be working I'm wondering if this plant dislikes this brand of nutrients.

Am I crazy or just stupid?
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 02:03 PM #2
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
I'm wondering if some plants are nutrient hogs? I have earlier started a bunch of clones for outdoors and 1 clone is pale green with a couple leaves trying to turn yellow. The same variety right next to it is a darker green with no pale leaves. I have foliar fed it so I am waiting to see what happens.

Should I spray every day or wait a few days between sprays?
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 PM #3
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post
I'm wondering if some plants are nutrient hogs? I have earlier started a bunch of clones for outdoors and 1 clone is pale green with a couple leaves trying to turn yellow. The same variety right next to it is a darker green with no pale leaves. I have foliar fed it so I am waiting to see what happens.

I don't know enough to answer your question. But I'm spraying twice daily to see what happens.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 PM #4
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post

Pretty sure your on track w this post.
Question is...
Which nute or nutes is that particular plant hogging.

Spraying elementals will let ya know faster than spraying a whole food type diet.

I’d start w Ca/Mg and if that make a significant improvement, separate the Ca from the Mg & hit em w gypsum (in the soil) &/or Epsom (foliar).
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 AM #5
Tiresmoke19

Tiresmoke19 is on a distinguished road
Is ph on the one plant different? My understanding is ph affects the plants ability to uptake nutrients. So when you do a spray you take ph mostly out of the equation
Tiresmoke19 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:54 PM #6
brown_thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresmoke19 View Post
Is ph on the one plant different? My understanding is ph affects the plants ability to uptake nutrients. So when you do a spray you take ph mostly out of the equation
If you're addressing me, no the soil and nutrient PH are the same as the others. Planted in the same soil and fed from the same batches of water/nutes.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:27 PM #7
Tiresmoke19

Tiresmoke19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
If you're addressing me, no the soil and nutrient PH are the same as the others. Planted in the same soil and fed from the same batches of water/nutes.
Yes was towards yours. Was just a thought if you used any recycled growing medium or ran out of amendments kinda thing.
Tiresmoke19 is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2018, 05:23 PM #8
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
Would be interesting to know which deficiency we're talking about... or if it's even a deficiency. Had some plants myself which were light green by nature. Have any pictures?

If it's nitrogen, then spraying ~0.5% urea would be the solution but only if you're growing in soil (-> urease enzymes require trace amounts of nickel which isn't necessarily present in soilless media or water cultures).
Fairly good foliar sulphur sources would be ammonium sulphate or thiosulphate. Though the latter is allegedly better/faster assimilated it might have some drawbacks you don't want to challenge. If ammonia isn't wanted, go with potassium sulphate or apply Epsom salt best as foliar spray and soil drench.
Other deficiencies causing brighter green colours could be magnesium (see also sulphur), iron, manganese, and zinc. These are usually applied either in chelate form (e.g. as bisglycinate) or as sulphate salt. Most of these deficiencies shouldn't be just remedied by foliar application but also as soil drench to eliminate it in the whole plant and not just the spots where the spray droplets hit the leaves (-> +/- immobile micronutrients or too high demands to be cured by spray alone regarding secondary nutrients).

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2018, 06:11 PM #9
brown_thumb

I was thinking it might just be the phenotype but after spraying with the high nitrogen nutes it's a tiny bit greener overall and has some darker green areas around the veins. I'll post pics in a few minutes. When you see the pics, please don't make fun of my poor sickly little plant.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:58 PM #10
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
You know, I'm about to make fun.. not of your plants (which I haven't seen yet) but of you cause it takes you bout an hour to post a single pic . Or maybe you're bakes... prolly I should do that too, just for a change.

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote