What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new but old

pandby

:laughing::moon::laughing:Hi people, I am oldish (79) and have had COPD for 5yrs, PTSD 40 years
before it was identified. lol. I am into wildlife painting, Amateur Radio, Computers and building web pages etc. I love learning and now I have found a new something to dive into. I started taking a small amount of CBD one week ago and so far I think some of my pains may be fading a bit. I seem more energetic and then crashes lol. I am interested in growing at least one plant for my own medicine and I want it to be no more than 5% THC and more than 10% CBD . Something like Charlotte web or Haley's Comet. A newish strain I think is ACDC but no one seems to have any of these. I don't know what will change when it is legal here but I guess everyone has their own predictions. Can't wait until it is at least legal to grow.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Hey pandby, welcome to IC :tiphat:

If you got the space, and aren't too paranoid about cops and whatnot, you might wanna consider growing more than just one strain to test stuff out and find what works for you the best.. Read up on cloning, take some cuts of your favourite plant(s) and grow from there. That way you should pretty much be set for life with your smokes and meds.

Good luck with your new hobby, there's a learning curve to growing and taking cuts, etc.. Not to mention advanced techniques after you get a few grows under your belt, but it's not rocket science. And whatever negatives there might be, I feel the positives far outweight em, so have at it :)

pandby

Thanks VM I never thought of that and maybe dialingdown a strain I like. I don't smoke so it will be only oil and cooking. I won't stop.It was great to get some experienced talk.have a great day.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Yep, smoking isn't good for you anyways. But what I said earlier goes with edibles/oil/hash, too. Also, If you haven't tried a vaporizer yet, U should look into that. Vaping works faster than edibles kick in if u'r in a hurry or just need a small toke here and there. They come in all shapes and sizes these days. Like a good vape pen, fits in your pocket and is very discreet even in public. They do cost a bit tho, and quality varies, especially with the cheaper ones. So read some reviews before buying, if that's something that interests you. :)

oldbootz

Veteran
Eating can give a long duration effect, which can sometimes not be what you need. Especially if you have plans to do things and you don't want to be sedated.

For a more short duration effect, a vaporizer is better. After your body becomes used to the amount that you use, the effect can be 30min - 90min whereas the eating effect can be 2 hours - 8 hours.

We have a VCDC cut here and its a lovely sativa dominant plant that grows hassle free.

Green guy

Hi Pandby.

It just go's to show that age has nothing to do with what one can. and can't do!
I'am only 69 and going strong, all good fortune with growing your herb.

herbgreen

Veteran
cannatonic -resin seeds

cbd crew - many cbd strains

ac/dc is cannatonnic hybrid

thenaturefarm have both acdc and cannatonic but crossed w/old school skunk strain

many cbd strains out on the market

just some good ole hempseeds produce high cbd plants

Latest posts

Latest posts