What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermie Question, Fast Answers

I had a grow go hermie on me due to stress, now being stretched thin myself wit other hobbies,work, and jus life itself I totally forgot if u take clones from hermie plants they turn out to be tha same. Its weard tho cuz my plants had no pollen sacs or naners but pollen was there cuz I ended up wit seeds. I grow in a 5x3x9 foot tent 100% organic soil wit a 1000w light temps and humidity are always stable -\+5 or 10 degrees depends on if strain had a color to enhance. Ok so clones i took hav been flowering for 3 weeks now and i still dont see any pollen sacs besides possibly the very top of each site on tha plants what i wanna know is; will tha bud still be potent like a female plant and jus a smaller harvest obviously wit seeds or am i gonna end up wit worthless bud? Ima post som pics in a bit.

mack 10

Veteran
if you got seeds there def was pollen there,
you just didnt see where the bananas/balls where hangin.

if you can get your clones to harvest with no male flowers the bud should be ok.
its only as good as its genetics and your growing skill.

if you got seeds there def was pollen there,
you just didnt see where the bananas/balls where hangin.

if you can get your clones to harvest with no male flowers the bud should be ok.
its only as good as its genetics and your growing skill.

But thats wat im sayin if they hermies they pollenate themselves or catch pollen from the other hermies so its kinda hard to avoid tha pollen.

RockinRobot

If the first run hermies were indeed stress induced then subsequent generations should not be affected.

However, I personally don't believe stress actually "causes" hermies. I think stress will bring out that trait in genetics that are already prone to it naturally but not cause it. My room has light leaks and temp issues both at times and none of my current genetics hermie.

The first seeds I grew were bag seeds. The grower I got them from kept his grow going with seeds from hermie plants and as such mine were also very prone to hermie if there was any stress.

IMHO trash any genetics that hermie or plan on seeds.

If the first run hermies were indeed stress induced then subsequent generations should not be affected.

However, I personally don't believe stress actually "causes" hermies. I think stress will bring out that trait in genetics that are already prone to it naturally but not cause it. My room has light leaks and temp issues both at times and none of my current genetics hermie.

The first seeds I grew were bag seeds. The grower I got them from kept his grow going with seeds from hermie plants and as such mine were also very prone to hermie if there was any stress.

IMHO trash any genetics that hermie or plan on seeds.

It wasnt light or temp issues that made em hermie, i always thot that clones shouldn’t hermie if grown correctly with no stress too! Anywho it was a trans plant and cutting off old dead roots thats all i did different in this run usually i leave the roots weather brown or wat ever. Im still gonna finish em out n see wat i get tho then ima super clean everything n flower my nex batch

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wasnt light or temp issues that made em hermie, i always thot that clones shouldn’t hermie if grown correctly with no stress too! Anywho it was a trans plant and cutting off old dead roots thats all i did different in this run usually i leave the roots weather brown or wat ever. Im still gonna finish em out n see wat i get tho then ima super clean everything n flower my nex batch

Someone in another discussion said that cutting roots right before flower will produce female pollen (for feminizing). You just made a selfed seed line.

Someone in another discussion said that cutting roots right before flower will produce female pollen (for feminizing). You just made a selfed seed line.

I hope thas all it was, its the first time i did it n definitely tha last time but it is a good trick to keep in tha back of my mind if i get something i wanna cross.