What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A sure sign of spring! Wooot!

UrPlug

six more weeks... what are you starting for this summer?
im trying to find some good canadian outdoors seeds

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I researched tons of strains since november and planning my grows. I was going to do some awesome Nirvana and Humboldt strains, but Dr. Greenthumb has better seeds for my climate (Ottawa Montreal corridor). I need something with great spring and fall frost resistance. The yields are also important. I'm going guerilla this year.

Dr. Greenthumb
Blue Dream
Incognito Low Odour
Turkish Delight
Iranian G13

Crop King
Northern Lights Auto (I have 100 and were free so.... why not)

Dr. Greenthumb has good to excellent frost resistance, I expect vibrant colours for bag appeal. Yields look high so I estimate 75% smaller yields because I'm a pessimistic prick.

The only downside to these is that there's no Sativa. I'd like to find an early Sativa that doesn't become a fucking huge christmas tree.

Buddha1

Veteran
six more weeks... what are you starting for this summer?
im trying to find some good canadian outdoors seeds

You guy do understand... that the 4 plants allowed per household under the new legal recreational use laws to come into effect next summer, is to be completely done indoors.
The government's reasoning for this is safety and security... they doesn't want any growing done outside because children could steal a back yard crop and we must protect the nations children...:smoke out:... lol.

So if the allowed 4 plants remain in the proposed laws to be passed, which is, IMHO...highly doubtful in its self because the RCMP are using all there resources to lobbying against and have the 4 plants removed from the plan.
Stating public safety and cost to inforce as there 2 main issues, followed closely with driving impaired on cannabis and many other public issues that could arise from legal recreational use.

So my advise to everyone is...Don't make any plans until the law comes into force and effect.

We are dealing with the federal government and if history tells us anything, it tells us they say one thing and they do another.

Peace...B

Tdawg24

You guy do understand... that the 4 plants allowed per household under the new legal recreational use laws to come into effect next summer, is to be completely done indoors.
The government's reasoning for this is safety and security... they doesn't want any growing done outside because children could steal a back yard crop and we must protect the nations children...:smoke out:... lol.

So if the allowed 4 plants remain in the proposed laws to be passed, which is, IMHO...highly doubtful in its self because the RCMP are using all there resources to lobbying against and have the 4 plants removed from the plan.
Stating public safety and cost to inforce as there 2 main issues, followed closely with driving impaired on cannabis and many other public issues that could arise from legal recreational use.

So my advise to everyone is...Don't make any plans until the law comes into force and effect.

We are dealing with the federal government and if history tells us anything, it tells us they say one thing and they do another.

Peace...B

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck whether they legalize it or not...actually that's not true. I hope they don't.

Buddha1

Veteran
Personally, I don't give a flying fuck whether they legalize it or not...actually that's not true. I hope they don't.

Legalization isn't going to change a thing with me either... I'm going to indulge with our without big brothers permission just as I do now.

I was nust pointing out that it will most likely not be what they're expecting, true legalization would be a good thing...you'd be free to do whatever you wanted with the plant(possess, buy, sell, grow with no limits[inside or out]).
But what we will get is a bastardized legalization... geared to make the federal and provincial governments loads of money, while they maintain complete control over it...just as they do with Alcohol.

Peace...B

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Legalization isn't going to change a thing with me either... I'm going to indulge with our without big brothers permission just as I do now.

I was nust pointing out that it will most likely not be what they're expecting, true legalization would be a good thing...you'd be free to do whatever you wanted with the plant(possess, buy, sell, grow with no limits[inside or out]).
But what we will get is a bastardized legalization... geared to make the federal and provincial governments loads of money, while they maintain complete control over it...just as they do with Alcohol.

Peace...B

It'll eventually be as free as a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I'm dating myself, but when I was a kid, I remember my dad going into an LCBO store, leafing through a catalogue/menu, and writing down what he wanted on a pad they had. Then he'd take the note to the counter, and the dude would go to the back room and bring out his bottle in a brown paper bag. He'd pull it out a bit to show him, and that was it. Today you can browse it like you're in Canadian Tire. Hell, you can even sample products at a Vintages store.

There's no way in hell they'll ever be able to put that cat back in the bag.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I won't be starting photo seeds before April 28th or May 5. Autos a week later. All indoors and out to the greenhouse at week two because it's not heated. But I might put a small heater in there this year. I *might attempt a few Hondurans sativa's April 1 indoors in pots. Nothing goes in the ground before June 1st.

I also just found out that Cannabis Pollen has no CFIA regulations. The officer sent me a couple screenshot for Customs should I need it. Nice huh? So I'm going to try and get a baggy or whatever when I go down to honduras shortly. I put an empty vial for it in my shaving kit yesterday :) But CBSA can do what they want at the border.