You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > 1st round with good genetics

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
1st round with good genetics Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 08:08 PM #1
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of light
1st round with good genetics

So starts the new year. I was a little behind because i keep getting sick but fingers crossed for a good year. I picked up some gear at the Worcester harvest cup a few weeks ago where i met the infamous Chunkeypigs and grabed a bunch of seeds. For the first seed run i planted 10 gorila breath, 5 forum breath, and 5 scout breath from chunky and 3 feminized i think they were some kind of diesle and 3 reg platinum huklberry cookies. I planted into 70/30 coco perlite and plan to multi feed when its time. I start in starter cups and usually go into 1 gal for their life. But with this first seed run i am probably gonna go into beer cups untill i sex them. They were all planted on 1/12/18 and 5 of them have sterted to come through the coco can't wait to see them all.

I am running GH flora nutes, i charged my coco with 200 ppm of 1-1-1, 1ml per gal of hydroguard, and 1/2 ml per gal of some root stim. I am mixing 3-1 RO-city tap for a 200 ppm base water then mixing nutes to end up at 400 ppm which i will run most likely till flower unless they look hungry. Looking forward to this year adding the RO because last year i didnt have it and basically had to flush with every feed wasting alot of nutes and still not dialing it in. While i harvested about 3 indoor lbs last year i should be doing much better.

OG_NoMan is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:16 PM #2
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of lightOG_NoMan is a glorious beacon of light
Flower room

Currently my flower room has a 600 hps and a 400 mh/hps that i will use for the first run. I want to add a 315 cmh next run. My room is 5×10 with a adjust a wing on each side of it for now. I have seperate res for each side of the room that last year i had up to 6 feeds a day with lots of run off. This year hoping to run with minimal to no run off.

Once i get this room dialed in i will add a flipper and run an identical room next to it

Of course if anyone has any suggestions i am always ears open ready to learn something

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:38 PM #3
bsgospel

bsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nice
Will you be planting in coco once these are ready to transplant or go into flower?

Why so keen for minimal run-off? Was it a pain to remove or were you seeing issues in plants? Have you ever played with other lines than GH? Just curious... Subbed!
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 PM #4
OG_NoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Will you be planting in coco once these are ready to transplant or go into flower?

Why so keen for minimal run-off? Was it a pain to remove or were you seeing issues in plants? Have you ever played with other lines than GH? Just curious... Subbed!
Yes they will live in coco their whole life. I just got a grow box from my buddy to try Suite Leaf nutrients so i will try this once i start cloning for a few and see how that is. I use GH because it was what i started with last year and have a decent idea of what and how to feed with it. As i learn more i will branch out more i am sure. As far as run off, i see it as a waste and if the plant is getting what it needs you shouldnt really get large salt build up. I am thinking 1 good flush a week and then regular feedings till the tiniest bit of run-off. With my new set up i can put a sump in my rooms and pump to the sink in the other room if i need to. Also the issues i was having with my plants i think was due to such high ppm starting water. My city water supply is 450 ppm and ph fluctuations of 6 - 6.8 so i am hoping to alleviate the problems i had with better water.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:41 AM #5
bsgospel

bsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nice
I just mentioned this in another thread- adsorbtion. Movement and stripping old salts from roots is part of the process. It's not just the salt in the medium- it's the salt which clings to your roots. I'm not against going for minimal run-off but if you don't produce enough movement or pressure to remove old salts, I think you could encounter problems. Not anything that couldn't be fixed with a flush or two but if you wanted to do it right, I would recommend looking into the definition of adsorbtion.

If you roll this out with less run-off, I'm all eyes-and-ears. I have been totally wrong before. Also, the Organic-Hydro threads posit that minimal run-off is no issue whatsoever. Like I said- Subbed and glad to check out your results.
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 04:52 AM #6
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
this looks like a great spot to grow in, man
with those dank beans and a good room like that to build out it sounds like you will be very happy with the results
hvae you grown before?
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 06:37 AM #7
Cannasseurrr

Cannasseurrr is on a distinguished road
I met Chunky at Gene Trader events and just put some forum breath beans in paper towels. I'm growing DWC, also using Flora Trio and happy to follow along and check out your grow. Subbed!
PeaceNTrees
Cannasseurrr is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 06:43 AM #8
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
subbed, looks like fun

heard many good things about chunkys seeds
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 07:55 AM #9
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a good place to post up. I would recommend using drip,clean if you don't want to water to runoff. Last grow I had some light salt build up on the top of the coco. Added drip clean this round no build up to be seen.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:34 PM #10
maimunji

maimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to allmaimunji is a name known to all
Another one for no run off. Go you will not be disappointed. No need drip cleen at all just keep you ec, ph in check. Cal mag only foliar and do not go crazy with nutes like 1.8-2.0 never. No run off for the win.
maimunji is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.