Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > what to do when coco dries out and causes lockout?

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
what to do when coco dries out and causes lockout? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2018, 12:04 AM #1
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
what to do when coco dries out and causes lockout?

hello everyone. everything was going smooth as hell but they overgrew their pots quite quickly and they dried out a few times. not to the point where they were wilted but the pots were light as hell and the coco was super dry. i think this has caused a lockout issue for me.

feeds are ~600 ppm jacks and calnit, and ph is 6.2
i had it around 5.8 for a while but since went to 6.2
they honestly look hungry but i know at this feed rate with jacks they shouldnt be at all.

i have since foliared with extremely light nutrients/calmag twice to try and keep them healthy while they are locked out.

i flushed the hell out of them with 250 ppm mix and runoff wasnt anything too crazy on pH or ppm. the ones with the highest ppm runoff looked the healthiest actually.

today i got all my blumat parts in and just finished getting them installed so no more dry outs unless something fails. i filled the res with ~650 ppm base nutrients and pH is 6.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180107_151952.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	441775 Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180107_152003.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	441776
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:18 AM #2
maimunji

maimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of lightmaimunji is a glorious beacon of light
It is possible to have off gassing issues?
Anything new in your room?
Never have issues with coco drying. Plants wilt but after watering perk again.
maimunji is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 AM #3
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
no nothing new. maybe they are just underfed. i dont normally run coco. i know coco tends to rob calmag away from the plants in the root zone when it dries out so maybe thats whats happening.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 AM #4
Desert Hydro

jacks has a shit ton of cal and mag thats why i was thinking it had to be a lockout issue

Old 01-10-2018, 12:32 AM #5
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
just feed normally, all the flushing is probably making them hungry. coco drying out a bit is no big deal, specially if the plants didn't wilt.
gaiusmarius is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 AM #6
Desert Hydro

will do. thank you!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 AM #7
eric2028

eric2028 will become famous soon enough
Which brand coco?
eric2028 is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 04:37 AM #8
Raw710

Raw710 is on a distinguished road
You should try bumping up your nutes a little bit to around 700 ppm. Some strains are hungrier than others for certain nutes. What week are you in?
Raw710 is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 04:59 AM #9
rjrom90

rjrom90 will become famous soon enoughrjrom90 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hydro View Post
i flushed the hell out of them with 250 ppm mix and runoff wasnt anything too crazy on pH or ppm. the ones with the highest ppm runoff looked the healthiest actually.
Are you running CO2, or is this grow located in an area where indoor air could contain aditional CO2 from occupants exhaling? I noticed while living and growing in a small house that nutrient ppm (also using Jack's here) had to be increased to 1200 ppm in some circumstances during winter when the house couldn't be vented due to sub-zero outdoor temps.
rjrom90 is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 05:22 AM #10
Desert Hydro

i will remix my nutrients tonight to 700 ppm at the 1/.67 and go from there. they honestly just look hungry to me but i just didnt think they could be at that strength.

im using royal gold tupur, no CO2. i have it but not running it til they are vegging happily.