What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DHN Grand Daddy Purple, GDP grow

TahoeTops

I will be doing an intensive grow diary for my GDP grow.

I received clones from Dark Heart Nursery at Harborside in Oakland. All cuts are doing very well.

Clones were transplanted to 6"x6"x4" par gro Jumbo blocks on Dec. 1.

I will top some of them and leave some with their respective Main colas intact. Each week approximately, look for an update.

If anyone has any experience with Dark Heart Ken's Grand Daddy Purple, please don't hesitate to put in your $.02

I would like some grow info, i.e. Topping, Food, pH level, Flower time, Day/night temps, Humidity, and stretch info.

Thanks to any advice and enjoy.....

TahoeTops

I suppose I should mention my grow room specs...

In veg I have them under a 6 light T5 system. Room temps are around 68-72F winter/74-78 summer.

In my flower room I have two Fluence SpydrXPlus LED fixtures each about 700 watts. I run a sealed room with CO2 at 1400-1500ppm. I have a dehumidifier and like to keep the humidity below 50%. Mini Split 24K AC on wall keeps temps wherever I set the unit. I usually run 78-80F. pH around 5.8 and food is usually around 1000-1200 ppm. I am using House and Garden Aqua Flakes, along with Floralicious. A splash of 1/2 strength Dark energy 1 day before changing reservoir solution. Reservoir changed every 7 days.

I additionally have four Anthospec Bars for purpling at end of cycle. These are only used during flush.

I flush for 10 days. First flush is strong for 3 days and second flush is mild for 7 days.

I am currently awaiting the latest gadget made by Fluence... A Dimmer for my lights.:woohoo:

Last edited:

TahoeTops

Here a little eye candy for you folks...

As you can see there is a bit of purpling happening on a few of the main stalks. Is this a Cal/Mag deficiency?

Nice!! I like the setup. I was thinking about flowering under LED in a sealed room also. I will be following this thread closely for pointers and grow tips.

Latest posts

Latest posts