What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A lil taste of pakistan

smokaholik

hiya to everyone on here and peace to u and ure family. May i share my story wiv those of u that are interested. i am from uk and my good friend was in pakistan getting married so that was all the excuse me and my 2 friends needed ( that and the amazing hash and the prospect of making bubble :yummy: ) so we booked our tickets and went. Now i hate flying so well leave that bit out lol

upon arriving at lahore airport we went through custums and dually left, my mate who was geeting married was waiting for us outside, all of us had brough 7grams of chronic ova and the first thing i wantd to do was smoke lol, so we headed back to the hotel in the early morning smoking bluemoonshine in da back of a taxi admiring how buetiful pakistan is, what a start heheh.

when we got bak to the hotel and the smoke ws underway plans where made to head of to peshawer which is a 7 hour drive to an area call jamrud where i had a friend who sold amazing gardah/charas so we could start our travels lol so after a long flight and a heavy smoke we all slept till midday and on wakining we set of for peshawer which may i tell u is a buetiful scenic drive especially when ure in good company and theres plenty of weed to smoke.

we arrived in peshawar late in da eveing about 9 pm and jamrud is another 20 minute drive so we where pushing it for time as it was dark and jamrud is a no go area at night, it is what the people call alaka ghair (land of na law) where the pakistani goverment has no power and men go missing daily, and it is next to the famous khyber gates t the begging of the khyber pass, but hey we needed some chronic and i had my connection so we headed straight there. when we got there it was picth black apart from the little lanterns in the shops and there was a sandstorm blowing so the peaople we did see had there face covered totaly to protect form the sand, looking around i discovered how difficult it will be to locate my friends shop. We got out of the car and walked straight into shop, as soon as i walked in a could smell the hash and boy did it smell good. i said salaam to the guy and asked to see what he had in telling him i only wanted the zabardast gardah ( the absolute best polm) with wich he lifted a few plastic jars ontu the table and opened the top , now 1 of my freinds who came is white and he has been to amsterdam monthly as its cheap from the uk but when he seen what they had to offer his eyes bulged out , as i picked up that chunk of gardah i was handed it started tomelt in my hand and as i moulded in my hand it went darker and oiler, when i smelled it i instantly smelled the sativa in it and as my friends sniffed it they said the same, Now came the price, i told the guy i wanted 10 tola (100grams) and i said ill give him him 1000rps whcih is what i pay my firend the guy accepted so one transaction done haha.we left that shop and went across the road to anotha as my friend secretly pulled out anotha 1000ps note to hand to me, ( u deffo do not want to show large amounts of money at this time lol) as i stepped in i was still moulding that piece in my hands which where as sticky when trimming fresh bud makes them, i handed the shopkeeper the weed and said gimme something different to this, the guy smiled and pulled out the same jars from the othat shop and gave me a chunk which i smelled, str8 way the diffeerence was aprrent like when smoking kali mist to hashplant this gear was 100 indica smelling, it had that im gonna knock ure balls of and put u to sleep smell :bigeye: , i told the guy ill take 100grams if hell do it for 1000rps to whcih he agreed so anotha transaction was done, we all tried rolling a spliff in there but went i went to do the roll risla stuck to my fingaz and ripped everytime so i just threw the spliff in the ashtray and we left to visit some mor eshops which eneded up having the same polm. Imagine 3 tourists in a border town at night running from shop to shop to check out the goods lol we stood out like a sore thumb.

the last shop was called the Khyber general store and it was a young man inside about our own age so we went in and he showed us his gear, the first thing he showed was dry and hard so he went int the back and handed my friend anotha one, all i remeebr is my friends looking at and it melted in his hand and he smleed it and said "Yo this smells like the 73grade bubble" we knew we was onto a winner, paying the man at last we where done 300 grams of chronic to last us a while ( peace of mind haha ).

we headed back to peshawar and as my friends wher ebusy rolling spliffs my hands where still to sticky we stopped at KFC so i could get a munch and wash my hands, by the time i had come out my friends wehere tellin me that the driver was paranoid as we had to go thru a tool plaza and the car was smelling of weed. we aired the car out and drove from peshawer back to lahore content as hell lol.

Now he truoble begins, as we left NWFP province of pakistan and reached Punjab there is a toll plaza the locals refer to as attock walla pul ( iqbal shaheed toll plaza to u and me lol )i policeman at the side waved us down this wasnt the first time and they usually check the drivers licence and thats it this time he called me str8 out of the car told me he is frisking me and felt my ballz straight away where i was stashing the weed, and gues waht he found it, i looked behind me and my friends where being searched and the weed was found on them to , DAAAAAAAAM :yoinks:

as they where searchig my friend the white guy, they found recipet in his pocket for £700 of a travlers check hed chashed that morning, Oh oh they officer came to me and said uve been caught wiv ova a pow which is 250 grams to them and ure all going inside unless they get 50000 rps ( £500), this was abomshell to me but i flatly refused telling them that i aint got that much money, after an hour at the side of th emotorway with 13 officers arouand we endend up having 7000prs on us, the rst was in lahore, the ploice tokk 6000prs and left us wiv 1000 for fule to get back and the ytook the weed, bummer,the worst thing was some of the officers where saying to each other thats the amount is nothing anbd just let them go, but the grredy ones had anotha idea , we went back to lahore gutted and qiuet and it was a long drive at night so we all slept.
i awoke at about 5 am hoping to find where near lahore instead to find that where parked in a field nxt to a tree and ther is nothing around us, the driver has got his face on the steering wheel fast asleep and i have no idea where we are. in the end the driver got in the back seat and my friend the white guy drove the rest fo the journey back to lahore .

AND it has only been 24 hours since we landed :joint: . getting back to the hotel and smoking the couple of grams left of skunk we lft here was heaven phew i needed that smoke. the next day after the driver had been paid and left us we foundout that the one of the polce officers last night was the drivers cousin and the driver had phoned and told the police we weher coming when i was in KFC, No wonder they knew the weed was in our ballz
what a asshole

our friends in lahore when told of what happened wheres so hurt is was unbelivable, ones exact word where u can buy the whole police station wiv 6000rps and the ysaid we should have paid no more than 500 rps to a thousand tops, to them 6000rps is alot of money and even tho it aint theres they feel the loss of money.

they got us some gardah from lahore as we setteled there for a few days and the qaulity was good, not great but good, time for some shots i think for all those who have beared wiv me

smokaholik

heres some of the views on the way to peshawer from lahore and also some what we scored in lahore, 1500rps for 100grams a bit pricey but hey it was good smoke and it hewlped us chill so we could planthe rest of our holiday and bud hunt

smokaholik

after a few days spent admiring the fabulous and ancient 2000year old city of lahore and what a city and eating in lavish 5str hotels like the pearl continental and the Avari for pennies and even cheaper in the normal places we decidied to carry on our 1 month long trek to the valleys of swat and chitral on a icolating and bud mission but we first needed to go back to jamrud and get the chronic whcih we did , and things went smoothly from now on haha

time for some pix heres jamrud and the real gardah and also what a weed shop looks like and my firend haji saab

R

Ronley

This is a very interesting story. Thank you for posting and telling us.
I love that last photo of the gooey hash between your hands.
Sorry you lost your stash, lucky you were able to buy off the cops and not go to jail. Being arrested in Pakistan is not a good idea!!!
Stay safe and tell us more about your trip. Please post lots of photos of Pakistan. those are very interesting.

smokaholik

hiya ronley. thanx for da intrerest mate , do worry abut da stash mate out in pakistan weed is in abundance and next to nothing pricewise

after staying in peshawer for 2 days we pcked up and left to go to the valleys of swat and chitral situated in the Hindukush mountains whe we where hopn to do some trekking and find skunk growing to icolate. now i had spotted plants al over islamabad where it is in abundance and peshawar ( u can smell the skunk in d aair everywhere) but it seemed to be only just started flowereing as few pistils where present, and we whee told to go further north into higher climate so we left

Pakistan is so Gorgoues and rugged it is amazing, every province is different and has its own vaired environments, to get to Swat ther ewas only only one road ova a mountain pass the got higher and higher wiv our driver getting faster and faster while we passed him spliff after spliff of chronic, after travelling for about 6 hours heading north from peshwar we went past the road to dir ( which leads to Chitral which is 340 km from peshawar only accessible in summer thru the mountains) and landed in the Heavenly valley of Swat, now Swat vally is huge and we headed thru all the main towns such as mingora, kalam by whch timew is ti was pitch blackoutside and and we whee still no where near where we wanted to be, so we travelled on to a place in Swat called Malam Jabba, to get here we travelled thru mountains at night and when u looked out of the car it loooked like the darkness of space, only the stars visible , so when we gotto the PDTC hotel and got a 3 bedroom room for 2700rps for da night we looked out the window and could see nothing , we just had a smoke, a munch and went to sleep not knowing what surprises the emorning would bring

And wow whata surpise when i got up rooled a spliff and look outa da window this is what i saw I was SPeachlesss

pixs of the mountain road to swat , swat area of pakistan and our view from out hotel at night and in da morning

G

The culture and 'condiments' of that entire region have interested me for some time now.

But, alas, based on your treatment by the toll station cops, how long would it take a very caucasian, sub-arctic yank like myself to be in an uncomfortable position against a wall, and headed for an earthen-floored cell? Seriously.

Or worse, have some local confuse me with someone who actually -supports- Bush's bullshit, simply 'cause I'm from the States? I'm not being contrite. I'm seriously asking an opinion. Thanks

Nice pics, and excellent info.

moose eater

smokaholik

moose eater my carcuasion friend and me are going back next month, thats how much he loved it an dhe is actually russian, remeebr the soviet war and yet he was loved and treated wiv geneoristy by all, a typical example would be that we met someone in the street and they would say or ure forieghnours and even tho they only earn 100rps a day they would go and buy 4 bottles of coke at a cost of 40 rps togive to us, i sually to feel embarssed and would offer to buy them but no way, u r there guest and they pakistani will give ther life for there guest

the toll statin cops arent that bad , i went thru several times again wiv a few hundred grams and no problem, infact i was smoking in a riksha when i policeman came ova, the riksha drive told the officer to fuckoff but all the officer wanted was a smoke lol,
so we smoked lol, infact most officers in pakistan smoke and when they realise ure foriegn they leave u alone, islamabad is full of westerners and travllers, photographers and business men all ready to go up noth trekking

G

Thanks smokaholik. That's much more reassuring than what our State Dept. likely would've given me in their brochures!! ;^>)

Sounds very hospitable, indeed!

Thanks again.

moose eater

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
nice story and pics smokaholik, thanks fro sharing !

hmm your pics bring back nice memories for sure ! Is that black piece from Tirah ?

yeah moose eater, no worries, Pakistan people are amazingly welcoming wherever you come from !

Irie !

Irie !

smokaholik

glad to help mooseeater

Mriko salaam my brotha no the black piece was said to be from maazar and it was so sticky that we wouldnt liek to roll wiv it , as u know mriko when u rub the gardah it relases its oils and changes colour but this gardah was so oily we ddinyt want to release nemore, We had to put chunks in the freezer to let it harden then u had a 1 miut window before it melted again, the high TRuely medicinal

the gardah from tirah valley was UNBELIEVABLE, I MEAN FORGET BUBBLEHASH THIS WAS SOOOO TASTY AN STRONG , LEFT ME SPEACHLESS totally it gave me no clue that it was so heady and cerebral, it just smelt like grapefriut citrus but whensmoked, wow i never seen ne hash like it in the dam , my friends and i referd to it as th eorange cuz it had orange tints and the grapefriut flavour, i swaer this could be made from NYC lol

heres a pic of it

we also got some gardah that was sent from chitral this one my frined called the green as u can see green titns in it and it tatsy so skunky it was delicious i still cant make me mind up wichone was better, both unique

this is the one from chitral

we also got 100grams of this one that s we caled caramello as letreally it would melt in ure hand, on th epix u c liereally see th eoil oozing off, what a pian to roll wiv and and the least smoked due to its stickyness , very very medicinal and sleeping gear,

hers a few pix of it

trekking in da hindukush mounatins for a month smoking on some of da finest hash in th eworld, i mean ive smoked all of da templesblz, afghans and polms from da dam includin all the rif/morocan strians and they do not even compare to thses

Mriko i make me own bubblehash and ure right, some of these gardahs put the bubble to shame must be the starins they use.

everywhere i looked in the hindukushmounatins ther is weed plants growing all over, as we wwhere driving wiv th ewindow down, all u can smell is skunk and the plants look so healthy is untrue, bu tthen this is there ntural place of origin lol, the plants all seemed to vary from size to maturity but none whee ready toicolate, dam we was so guuted, i really fancied some real landrace bubblehash
far from it dam

heres a few pix of our daily smoke

G

If I were to die while there, would they please bury me in a -HUGE- bed of that oily, sticky black hash? please? :yummy:

moose eater

M

Mr. Nevermind

mriko said:
nice story and pics smokaholik, thanks fro sharing !

hmm your pics bring back nice memories for sure ! Is that black piece from Tirah ?

yeah moose eater, no worries, Pakistan people are amazingly welcoming wherever you come from !

Irie !

Irie !

Quite true. Pakistani's are hospitable people. They have to take people in , its part of their belief. which is why peopel think Bin ladenis somewhere in Pakistan. due to theri beleifs if Bin laden was to show up they would have to take him in, feed him and provide shelter.

I have heard that Taliban is regrouping and gaining power again. have you seen anything in your travels of taliban or extremism?

Look like a beautiful country and i am sure that they have amazing sights to see.

nevermind

PS : Get some beans!!

smokaholik

hry Mr N, glad to gear from u friend regarding pakistan we travelled extensively and met many afghan refugees/pashtun and pakistanis who treated us wiv kidness, my friend who is russian was paranoid at first becuase of the soviet war, how ever even the afghan refugees who left due to the conflict 2 decades ago fed us , and showed genoristy and we mande so many friends that as i said b4 my friend an di r going back god willing

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
We had to put chunks in the freezer to let it harden then u had a 1 miut window before it melted again,

Heheh, didn't you tried to burn it before mixing ? makes the work much easier even in hot weather !

Mriko i make me own bubblehash and ure right, some of these gardahs put the bubble to shame must be the starins they use.

Haaaaa ! this makes me very happy to read that ! a bubble maker who says local goodies are better than bubble one, yum ! yup, comes from the strain but also from the curing method and dry sieving I think.

Irie !

Last edited:
G

mriko,

I also think that the traditional dry seive method is preferable, but what is different about curing methods in Pakistan??

What is done in Pakistan in re. to curing that results in greater oil retention in pollen/resin glands?

I know that the same strain of cannabis can vary in terms of oil content and quality, based on ph, nutirents, age, other environmental conditions, etc.

I'd be curious to learn any new tricks.

moose eater

smokaholik

salaam Mriko, i treid a few times to burn it first then mix it but u know its an art from lol :chin: , when i tried it the gardah was so sticky that when i heated it and tried mixing it, it went into small clumps/ balls which was even harder to roll so i just picked it in lol, the worst it rying to roll a spliff in the back of a moving riksha,now that is hard work lol

yup the hash i tried was astonishing mriko and im glad my comment made u happy lol , we was disspaonted that we didnt get to make any bubblehash out there( plants werent ready), have u ever seen the dry sift process id love some info Mriko and hav eu ever seen any finished flowerewed weed and if so what month lol, im planniing another trip but would love to go in harvest season lol

HI mooseeater, i was told that most freshly made gardah was wrapped in goatskin and buried in the ground for 1 month, i was shocked and would have htought that that riuned the potency but they swear by it and told me it rifines the weed somehow, how am i to argue lol :joint: ,

hers some more close ups for u
this one is the caremallo lol ( so soft that my fingerprints where stained in it)

heres the "orange one" from tirah just for u Mriko, if u look close u can see the orange colour and pigments, this one was scary, a garpfriut tasting rollacoaster, i didnt know u could get trip hash lol

and here is the "green" one from chitral, u see the green in it lol

hers my friend wiv a 150rps (3 dollar) piece of black

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
salaam Mriko, i treid a few times to burn it first then mix it but u know its an art from lol , when i tried it the gardah was so sticky that when i heated it and tried mixing it, it went into small clumps/ balls which was even harder to roll so i just picked it in lol, the worst it rying to roll a spliff in the back of a moving riksha,now that is hard work lol

Salam smokaholic Bahi !
Heheh, it's pretty easy actually. First you toast your cigarette, empty it and break the tobacco. with it you prepare a bed ( to receive the boiling resin). You keep in from of you ona table, or in your hand. thne you take a small piece of charas (not garda, must be pressed), flaten it until you have a small disk whic you put on the tip of a match (not the head, other tip). Then you old the the match above the bed of tobacco and set the charas disk on fire. let it BURN for a few seconds. Ideally, with best stuff, the resin should boil and melt and inflamed drops should fall on tobacco. Be sure it never fall on you hand, if no your in for something EXTREMLY PAINFULL ! As soon as the first drops of resin fall, then blow the disk (or what remains of it), but smoothly, if you blow too hard, you can send around a rain of small boiling drops. put all remaining boiled hash onto the tobacco bed and cover the resin wit the tobacco, kind of wrap it (all that must be done QUICKLY). then you start to work the thing, so that the tobacco and charas get homogenously mixed together. Actually from an ultra sticky stuff you shoudl end up with almost powdery one. mix mix mix, but with smooth touch, you don't want the resin and tobacco to clump together. You should end up with a nice and even mix of tobacco and charas. then roll or pack your double cigarette ! it's ready ! Even better tasting and stronger effect as well in my opinion.
of course, the lenght of burning time changes from a charas to another, needs several trials to get the good trick and feel how long this or that one needs to burn. if you end up with sticky clumps, then it was too short burning.

yup the hash i tried was astonishing mriko and im glad my comment made u happy lol , we was disspaonted that we didnt get to make any bubblehash out there( plants werent ready), have u ever seen the dry sift process id love some info Mriko and hav eu ever seen any finished flowerewed weed and if so what month lol, im planniing another trip but would love to go in harvest season lol

Alas no, I've not seen yet any sieving process, I hope next time I visit I can visit some hash factories in Darra. First time I was there was close to harvest time (late sept/early Oct.), was in yarkhun valley, north of Chitral. you can find finished buds from June to December (latest harvest time in Yarkhun). if you want to to some bubble, earliest harvest is around July-august I think (I smoked once some chitrali gardah from the same season inlate august). but not the better plants at this time. Better to go around November-early december to get dry plants. Usually pressing/sieving is made during wintermonths, cold temperatures making the work easier.

HI mooseeater, i was told that most freshly made gardah was wrapped in goatskin and buried in the ground for 1 month, i was shocked and would have htought that that riuned the potency but they swear by it and told me it rifines the weed somehow, how am i to argue lol

Right, most of times, the powder is stocked in Goatskin bags. Definitely makes it cure nicely. but one month sounds pretty short to me (well, depends for how long the dried buds have been stored also). I know it can be kept up to ten years like that ! yeah, Old is Gold !

HEre's a pic of some, if you allow me smokaholik

Mymy, all that charas looks great, makes me drool ! wish I had a tola or two for next Ramzan, but I'm afraid it gonna be a dry one ! :yoinks:

Khuda Hafeez !

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts