What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Epsom Salt Foliar PPM

Hello Guys,

i would like some Assistance on wrapping my Head around the Application Recommendations for Professional Agriculture Epsom Salt.

They advice multiple Foliar Feedings of 2% to 5% Strength, that equals 20 to 50 Grams/Liter. 2% is about 8.0 EC, way over 4000 PPM depending on Conversion. Thats more then 4 times your average Fertigation Strength for Cannabis.

That goes against anything im used to in regards to Foliar Feeding Strength, i usually try not to go Higher then 1.0 EC, starting with like 3to1 RO/Tap.

Link: http://www.kali-gmbh.com/uken/fertiliser/products/epsotop.html?display=ShortText Thats the Product, Marketleader in Europe

http://www.kali-gmbh.com/uken/fertiliser/products/epsotop.html?display=Recommendation Their Foliar Feeding Recommendations

Maybe we are doing it all wrong when it comes to Epsomsalt Foliar Feedings or Foliar Feedings of Minerals in General.

Hoping for some Quality Input :tiphat:

amanda88

The way I rock here is

add half teaspoon of Epsom salts (or Calmag)to a pint (600ml) of warm warm water

take a pic

shake like mad and spray heavy allover

wait 30mins and compare pics

if the issue was Mag.def then it should go green

before your very eyes ....well in 30 mins

cheers/

Links not working for some Reason, so heres some Copy&Pasta:

EPSO Top®EC FERTILISER
Magnesium Sulphate 16+32

EPSO Top® is generally applied as a 5% solution (approx. 5kg product per 100l of water). This concentration can generally be applied in combination with crop protection products.

EPSO Top® is a quick acting magnesium and sulphur fertiliser for foliar application

Noone baffled by that 5% Concentration Application Recommendation?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
EPSO Top® is a quick acting magnesium and sulphur fertiliser for foliar application

Noone baffled by that 5% Concentration Application Recommendation?

We use 2-4% in grapes and mango in flower and directly on fruit applied as a foliar. (not that it is necessary if you have things balance in a real soil).

We use 2-4% in grapes and mango in flower and directly on fruit applied as a foliar. (not that it is necessary if you have things balance in a real soil).

Thanks alot for taking your Time answering on that Thread. I do understand thats it common Practice in Agriculture but just dont understand how that much Salt is not burning the Cuticula.

Common Advice for Home Gardening is usually a much lower Application Rate, we Growers tend to be so sensitive about Salt applied to the Rootzone, burning our Leave Tips.

I read somewhere that Foliar Applications need to be in a higher Strength to be effective which coincides with that Application Recommendation from the MgSo4 Supplier.

Yet way more often i read recommendations to only Foliar lightly, less then whats applied to the Rootzone.

To be honest i allways went with that Approach and im scared of Spraying my Plants with like 5 times the Strength i would fertigate them with :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts