What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrient deficiency identification help

C

Columbo1

I was wondering if anyone could help ID the nutrients deficiencies happening to my plant. It's started from the older/lower leaves and is progressing up rapidly. Leaves are turning yellow and some are drying up and getting crispy. There is also a bit of purpling on the main and leaf stems as well as some brown or grey spots on the leaf blades. Obviously it's lacking N right? But can you see any other deficiencies with the spots and scorching of the leaf edges? K or maybe Mg?

Thanks

Col.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks hungry but before reacting post a whole plant picture. A lot of defencies look similar & the entire picture needs to be painted.

C

Columbo1

Thanks for taking a look guys. This pic was taken as sun was setting but normally the leaves do that praying thing where the leaves point up to the sky. I thought it was just happily photosynthesizing but a couple guys suggested it may be a Ca or Mg deficiency on another thread when it does that.

Yeah I never had the best of luck with that leaf diagram chart. Clearly N deficient but according to the chart but maybe K or even S or Fe.

Hopefully just needs a good feed.

picture.php

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
What size container?
What type of medium?
Type of nutes?
Additives used?
Ph of feed?
EC/PPM of feed?
How long has it been in he current container?
If organic I know some of that won’t apply but any info given can help

Cadfael

A case could be made that the leaves on the bottom are being blocked out of sunlight and that is why they are yellow.

iTarzan

The only leaves that are yellowing are the bottom ones. Potbound would be the first and most usual suspect. However, if you are positive that it is not pot bound that is eliminated. With all the other leaves being just fine the only other explanation is that there is nothing wrong.

Stop worrying about 2 bottom leaves yellowing.

Why do people jump to this as a catch all for every problem? Is it a meme? It should be.

People have grown 8 foot trees in 5 gallon pots, this little guy is definitely not root bound.

Why did you start thinking something is wrong because you saw 2 yellow bottom leaves on an otherwise healthy plant?

If you only have 2 bottom leaves that are yellow and the rest of the leaves are healthy what do you think could possibly be wrong? The only plant condition that causes that symptom is pot bound. Why wouldn't someone trying to help you mention pot bound?

Sorry for the interruption.

C

Columbo1

What size container? 20L
What type of medium? Canna Terra Pro
Type of nutes? Canna Bio Vega
Additives used? Canna Boost
Ph of feed? A little under 6
EC/PPM of feed? 1.2
How long has it been in he current container? 7 weeks
If organic I know some of that won’t apply but any info given can help

Ty

C

Columbo1

It is pot bound.

While it's definitely not pound bound in the traditional sense I did notice the run-off from the drip tray got gobbled up one time when I forgot to tip it out. Maybe it's a tap root type plant and need a deeper pot but not necessarily larger ...

C

Columbo1

A case could be made that the leaves on the bottom are being blocked out of sunlight and that is why they are yellow.

Is not possible. Some lower fan leaves were affected. The canopy is not thick. Plenty of intense UV and IR light in my climate.

C

Columbo1

The only leaves that are yellowing are the bottom ones. Potbound would be the first and most usual suspect. However, if you are positive that it is not pot bound that is eliminated. With all the other leaves being just fine the only other explanation is that there is nothing wrong.

Stop worrying about 2 bottom leaves yellowing.

Why did you start thinking something is wrong because you saw 2 yellow bottom leaves on an otherwise healthy plant?

If you only have 2 bottom leaves that are yellow and the rest of the leaves are healthy what do you think could possibly be wrong? The only plant condition that causes that symptom is pot bound. Why wouldn't someone trying to help you mention pot bound?

Sorry for the interruption.

It's more than just the two low fan leaves. At least two more lower one dried up and a few smaller leaves have been removed as well. Growth has been very slow last 2 weeks as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts