Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > RDWC actual Dissolved Oxygen test results are very impressive

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
RDWC actual Dissolved Oxygen test results are very impressive Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 04:52 PM #1
JohnM

JohnM is on a distinguished road
RDWC actual Dissolved Oxygen test results are very impressive

Hydroponic experts and some hobby pot growers claim that oxygen (DO) is vitally important in RDWC pot grows. Most hobby growers and water chiller salesmen say that big air pumps, plenty air and cold res water (<70F) will absolutely insured plenty oxygen (DO), their proof is a copy of a DO Chart prediction.
An O2 concentrator totally eliminates noisy air pumps, water chillers and that constant worry about low DO, root suffocation, root rot and fungal infestations.
A reconditioned Oxygen Concentrator. The actual res water DO test results are really impressive… DO Saturation 120% - res water temp 82F.
I Googled “used medical oxygen concentrators for sale” and found many refurbished brand name oxygen concentrator with a 1 year warranty cost $200 - $300. An O2 concentrator cost is negotiable on E-bay, bidding starts around $35.00.
Many patients with advanced lung and heart diseases own oxygen concentrator and thousands of these patients die every day. Their families sell this O2 equipment ASAP after the funeral – try an ad in the Green Sheet or news paper, “want to buy used oxygen concentrator” You will find this O2 equipment to be inexpensive and the price is always negotiable because the family wants to get rid of this O2 equipment now that the patient is gone… < $50.00.
JohnM is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:22 PM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Interesting information, thanks for sharing. From the perspective of someone with 15 years experience with DWC, RDWC is more expensive to build and run for the same results.

Airstones provide cooling (when the pumps have access to cool air) and turbulence which keeps the reservoir evenly mixed. They also seem to have provided sufficient DO to produce extremely impressive grows, for a few decades. It's also ridiculously inexpensive to set up and run.

I have yet to see anyone publish a full size DWC or RDWC grow, from start to finish, at 82F res temps. I admit I haven't read every grow show on the net, so if you know of one I'd appreciate you sharing the link. High (edit: biological activity levels) are much easier to create at 82F, my max is 70F for zero problems.

Good tips on finding O2 equipment, you're right on the money there.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 03:14 PM #3
JohnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Interesting information, thanks for sharing. I admit I haven't read every grow show on the net, so if you know of one I'd appreciate you sharing the link. High DO levels are much easier to create at 82F, my max is 70F for zero problems.

Good tips on finding O2 equipment, you're right on the money there.

You’re welcome. Just sharing a few facts that I have discovered.

Yes, after actually testing the DO with a YSI DO meter, I found that you are absolutely correct here.

Unnatural high DO levels do insure continuously safe oxygenation 24/7 for months using oxygen-enriched gas (>24% oxygen – 93% oxygen) generated with an inexpensive used medical oxygen concentrator and bubbled into the water and confirmed by DO testing with a DO meter.

It is extremely easy to supersaturate DO in reservoir water @ 82 F with an oxygen concentrator. Achieving 100% DO saturation is not possible to do with ambient air in a hydro grow containing mature plants and beneficial microbial colonies.

All DO chart prediction are based on ambient air, ambient air pressure, water salinity and water temperature… but those DO charts do not subtract DO consumed in the metabolic process nor the biological oxygen demand from all the aerobic plants and microbes from these DO chart predictions. Aerobic plants, roots, and microbes consume a considerable volume of dissolved oxygen every minute of the day and that DO consumption is not reflected by the DO Chart. More aerobes consume more DO in all Hydro-grows. That consumption must be subtracted from the DO chart prediction for a realistic prediction. And a DO chart prediction is very different than an actual DO test result using a meter or strip test.

Consider this:

• 82 F water does not compromise nor retard root metabolism and growth nor does the warmer water retard beneficial microbial metabolism and growth compared to cold 65 F – 70 F water temps.. *Plants grow to maturity quicker when healthy, yearly bud production is greater and plants and microbes are healthier.
  • Maintaining continuous DO Super-saturation (> 100% Do Saturation) inhibits insures NO low O2 crisis, NO fungal colonization and healthier plants and rhizome mass. You need not even think about nor worry about root rot and fungal infestations and brewing teas any more.
  • Eliminates all possibility of low oxygen problems, root suffocation, root rot or fungal outbreaks throughout months of the growing season.
  • Root suffocation is deadly and caused by an irresponsible grower that fails to tend to his hydroponic life support system.
  • The fungi do not the cause of the roots dying, rotting and decaying, fungi simple eat the dead mess, no different than a gang of buzzards eating road kill.

As much as you have scrubbed the internet over the last decade or 2, I seriously doubt that you would ever see grow videos or pics originating from a state where using and cultivating pot is illegal and routinely prosecuted.

Thanks for sharing Doug.
JohnM is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 05:48 PM #4
PetFlora

PetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for this. Will be huge for me

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 06:09 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
As much as you have scrubbed the internet over the last decade or 2, I seriously doubt that you would ever see grow videos or pics originating from a state where using and cultivating pot is illegal and routinely prosecuted.
Really? You must have missed the last 2 decades of the internet. Almost all, up until the last few years, of my online research has included videos and pictures from illegal states. (You HAVE read the forum you're posting on... right?)

Where are the grow shows? Show me why I should be paying more electricity for 02 in my reservoir? (I'm currently using 12 watts) I would like to see 82F reservoir temps, all the way through harvest. Heck, show me a couple grows and I won't mind a bit.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:08 PM #6
PetFlora

PetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to beholdPetFlora is a splendid one to behold
Do you run this on a timer? Doesn't seem like it needs to be on 24/7

I run my rez aerating pump 4/30 24/7

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2017, 03:12 PM #7
JohnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Really?

Where are the grow shows? Show me why I should be paying more electricity for 02 in my reservoir? (I'm currently using 12 watts) I would like to see 82F reservoir temps, all the way through harvest. Heck, show me a couple grows and I won't mind a bit.

Yes, Really! Like I said, “I seriously doubt that you would ever see grow videos or pics originating from a state where using and cultivating pot is illegal…”
I have seen U-tube videos of real time crimes posted on the internet, TV News and TV documentaries. What kind of individual would commit a crime, video the crime and publish the crime video on the internet? A special individual for sure.
I will definitely give you a triple +++ for your friendly persuasion today. Anyway, the answer is still NO, NO pics, NO videos, NOT until state cannabis cultivation and use laws change and I am absolutely sure that will NOT be today or tomorrow.
I do like the way you bait the ego for production. I remember this classic ploy presented in a sociology class years ago which in many cases will and does produce results.
I understand, your electrical budget is seriously limited to only 12 watts and that cool, that’s your choice.
JohnM is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2017, 07:08 PM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Oh, I see. Nothing from you, because you live in an illegal state. No worries. I'm stating I've yet to see it anywhere period, that's all. Plenty of other people have posted their illegal (and now legal) grows for decades. So... you're here to share in text and what you have is unique, without outside peer corroboration. Got it. Nothing against your position, looking forward to you achieving what you're after.

As for my resource consumption, I grow for quality and efficiency.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 AM #9
gh0stm0de
Vendor

gh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura about
There is a direct relationship between water temperatures and DO ceiling. As water is hotter it can hold less DO. Therefore it is easier to maintain saturation level at higher temps because it requires less DO.

North of 70 is pythium and root rot territory. I have grown with and without a chiller and would not do so without again. Even in cold temperatures, water temperature regulation is key as 65 and under can begin to cause lockout and nutrient accessibility issues.

Although DWC is overwhelmingly my favorite system, there is a right tool for every job and if you arent going to take advantage of the level of control you have to optimize your medium, you are likely better off watering fox farm. Just my .02

Ceramicsolutions.us

10% off code: ICten
gh0stm0de is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:05 AM #10
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

i use no chiller. my reservoir temps are 79-82f all the time. i don't aerate. i don't use high speed water movement.

but i'm also not in dwc or rwdc anymore so for you guys still going that way try a "speece" cone.

a speece cone injects pure o2 into a stream of moving water. this will temporarily raise the do levels. i say temporarily because o2 depletion begins the moment you stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEeS_IxxH4M

this just shows one at work. you can see the bubbles disappearing before they reach the bottom of the cone indicating they have been dissolved.

o2 is injected at the top of the cone along with a stream of water that is matched to the o2 injection rate in such a way as to cause all the bubbles to be absorbed before they can reach the bottom. only the supersaturated water leaves the cone, no bubbles.

these things have been built on a massive scale for waste water treatment.
delta9nxs is offline Quote