What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eliminate All Tax on Medical Cannabis

clearheaded

lol yes there are! roads arent god given right lol. also pay for our universal healthcare!

we can right off gst however shouldnt be charged in first place. The main issue is they want to have a sin tax for both rec and medical. reason is they dont want people getting med prices and sell to non med people lol. so stupid like people are going to do that for 1 dollar(10%) a gram and thats if the medical seller doesnt want 50cents for his trouble in getting there buddy a deal. such a joke. they just dont get all the stupid shit just means very expensive court cases that gov has to foot the bill for.

it would be the same as taxing opiods of diabetes meds to prevent diversion and people sending meds to people in the states... give me a break.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
To be fair, the majority of taxation will be on recreational weed.

Medical will be proportionate to any other medication

Egzoset

Salutations TroutMan,

Let the government know taxing medical cannabis is wrong.

Actually it's the "medical" part in "medical cannabis" which is dead WRONG. Puzzled, hey?? Bare with me and read further please...

:scripture:

As i recall the main problem last year was that a court already established it's NOT medicine, precisely. Although i'm in favour of dissolving all artificial discriminatory/stigmatizing systems lets simply agree that the "medical" client$/patient$ have earned their constitutional right to reasonable access previously. Don't ask me for details, the news are out there. It just sunked under a pile of other secondary considerations since the "légaleezation" of cap'tain Itnoc was launched... Never mention his *10* (ten) CDSA modifications (so far...)!

So...

Those who make an easy dime on it will defend a predator governement arguing otherwise police can't apply MiniHarper's despicable law evenly & fairly without abusing one group or another since cannabis always looks pretty much the same anyway, until the LPs start making business with giants like Mozanto to integrate bio-markers in their monopolistic genetics. For example marker #1 for "medical", #2 for "recreational", #3 for "criminal"... The 3rd one being from pollen dispersed by helicopter in a systematic « a mari usque ad mare » effort to contaminate all outdoors genetics on Canuck land.

picture.php

Surprize! Instead they've decided everyone gets over-taxed with some provisions to spare the "worthy" while punishing the "sinful", through "medical" insurance which is supposed to apply to a non-medicine!...

Admire the contradiction of putting over-taxation at work anyway!
:shark:

Then go figure.

Greed=1+
Democracy=0 (with a penalty!)

Actually the paradox of such double-talk should seem evident, hence the solution is to cut the stem near its roots IMO: e.g. that's the United Nations treaties which support the infamous "schedule" inherited by a "drug-free world" utopia that gives bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists all their power while relegating liability elsewhere...

In The Name Of Children!​

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I still think that recreational taxes should be used to subsidize medical cannabis. If someone has a terminal or debilitating condition, they should be allowed to have a low cost access which with the taxes they want to put on recreational should cover the costs of medical use in these regards.

Egzoset

Salutations LimeyGreen,

I still think that recreational taxes should be used to subsidize medical cannabis.

You can bet this is most pleasant for bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists, but i wonder if your kind will ever realize being instrumentalized before it bites you in the back, when it's too late to have a change of mind anyway. With luck the artificial pesticide-laced mari-caca market may resist the tensions created by greed itself fueled by hate. With captive patient$ taken hostages « Divide to Conquer » can only fragment an already weakened community to the point of Cultural Genocide. Yet keep hoping in lack of any better...

:whistling:

Recently i was reading that Hydropothecary plans to offer "kosher" cannabis and this made me conclude that's going to be as close to "bio" as you can hope it to get. This LP has discussed the use of BANNED pesticides with other LPs while Health Canada was busy/contemplative looking elsewhere - go figure which it was... If ordinary pesticide-laced mari-caca is the norm at 8.50 $/g then tell me how your pseudo-bio kosher-certified non-medicine shall cost after both taxes are applied??

Oh, there will be insurance companies to finance it but i don't see hurds of "stoner$"/"droÿé$" running into the future Société Québécoise du Cannabis to spontaneously hand out their private sensitive identification data for a central database to collect, nor even via On-Line portals if you prefer. After all, we've all seen what care and consideration were given to privacy under Harper and there's no sign on the horizon that Justin is any different.

As a matter of fact Justin SuperPÉTeux Trudeau expressed himself quite clearly in front of the French-Speaking population at TLMEP on national TV during premium hours on this precise subject:

SRC: Tout le monde en parle (2014-Feb-23)

Lepage: "Donc vous voulez nationaliser?"
Trudeau: "Non, on veut réguler et contrôler pour que les gens doivent montrer les cartes d'identité..."

IMHO that's going to create some major concerns to all those who followed the whole process patiently.

Don't look behind when you find yourself isolated, perfectly "carté" and just as vulnerable as now but possibly facing more economical adversity resulting from an artificial chimeric construction of socio-toxic minds determined to render access increasingly difficult, In The Name Of Children.

The honeymoon you've been dreaming to share with the ACMPR may never come since it was a mirage right from the begining. A non-medicine, remember??

:tumbleweed:

Then since you've accepted to provide a legal signature assorted with plenty of private data to feed the monster a day may come when even worse politicians find convenient to just exploit this data for a variety of other politically-correct motives, like to cut in public-funded benefits, unemployment insurance, pensions... even giving permission to evince occupants thanks to a retro-active clause, etc.

Get prepared for the piss industry too, i guess... Etc., etc.

Driving a car lately? 90 days on foot or stay recluded at home my dear friend!

Or maybe you'll get lucky and gain generous rewards in compensation for your accumulated holier-than-yours frustration. YMMV!

:greenstars:

Good for you if that ever happens...

If someone has a terminal or debilitating condition...

Brigitte les Bardots was relatively successful "saving" animals in the great white north using a stratagem based on primary emotions in days when greenpeace was popular, then the frenzy passed and now i'm not too sure she'd earn a same visibility base on that again. It's what they call the banalisation effect i think and it has something to do with over-repetition over an extended exposure time: the power of novelty vanishes...

Of course you're well aware there are perpetual angry voters in this "free" country who disregard compassion promptly, arguing it's all fake performed primarily to obtain self-satisfaction like a "junkie", slave to his addiction and whatnot... M'well, only very few i hope!

But i'm sure they make no more difference with cannabis than there's "MEDICAL" tobacco, or even some equivalent alcohol. They may someday as well begin to argue « why not just pay the whole medical system until the walls will crack?! »...

Anyway the bogus "consultation" of Lucie Charlebois hit only ~18000 participant names - wasn't yours on it by the way??

That may seem a lot but it's still leaving a huge gap behind which won't be coerced into your particular logic so easily. So, who's the predator going to suck dry when all the others stayed home watching hockey?

Last edited:
dude rejoin reality for a minute n take a breath lol
fuck burn 1 ffs, how bad can it be at that point?

cheers,...............................................gps

clearheaded

nope ur wrong thats whaat we are talking about they are taxing rec and decided will tax med the same. anyway ur right fuck um just wish no one would buy lp weed. folks in the states and ww should be watching canadas mega wallyweeds are waiting to go worldwide and are i guess.

Egzoset

Salutations ClearHeaded,

...give me a break.

That's one main problem with those forums. The best evidence provided with convenient links is sure to leave no relevant echo while attempts to initiate dialog without these would typically fall into brain-washed magic thinking anyway.

As if previous cornerstone key events never took place or it all occured on some different world, after being transported to planet Itnoc via the powerful pesticide-laced TrudeauMania beam...

:abduct:

M'yeah, keep hoping this statement comes true, someday, eventually, during your lifetime!...

Sorry to burst such dreamer bubble but here's what i meant about vulnerable instrumentalized patient$ taken hostages, finally being bitten back in return for their precious/previous support, including a legal signature (...):

Hedges v. Canada (2016-Jan-25)

« ...drugs in this group are not zero-rated if they can be obtained without a prescription or a Ministerial exemption. This category includes, for instance, over-the-counter drugs. »

« ...ATPs pursuant to the MMARs are “authorizations” rather than “exemptions”. »

« ...the MMAR’s do not refer to an ATP as an exemption. An ATP is an authorization. »

WOW! Maybe it's just me but all the sudden i'm not too confident i actually understood what i thought i understood once!...

MMAR, hey? Hummm...

National Post: Medical marijuana subject to federal sales tax, unlike prescription drugs, Canadian judge rules (2014-Sep-28)

« ...the crown's position was that cannabis is not available by prescription as it does not have a Drug Identification Number (DIN) and is not approved as a medicine. »

Oups! Let there be light!!

Remember how it seemed so convenient to people worthy of an exception?... Well tell me that was no time-bomb while i was as firmly opposed to such bogus regime back then as i am against the ACMPR now!

:coffee:

Patients once favoured by a self-vilifying privilege system now about to get punished for their excess of idealistic confidence (e.g. wishful thinking), what more can i say?...

:window:

Try milk and cookies, just in case?! Who knows...

...fuck um, just wish no one would buy LP weed.

The predators got in for the money indeed, hence lets remove this incentive and they'll just leave i presume! Too bad it ain't this simple as the sense of community within the "pro" group is so faint we keep fighting each others despite the most basic facts being already established in courts months ago...

More thought-food over a most elementary question: how does cannabis get a PIN number someday while still remaining where it is classified on the schedule??

Hint:

picture.php

Egzoset's "Plan-A"
(IH) Cannabic Synthetic Substrate
(2015-Nov-12)

Last edited: