What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CaMg without nitrogen

shell

I need CaMg without nitrogen! I found only general organics CaMg+.
Please help me search which one brands have only CaMg.

thank you :tiphat:

soil grow btw

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Are you sure you need calcium, or do you really only need magnesium. Should you only need magnesium, a quality magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) will really please your plants. ;)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a long winded post typed out saying exactly what's said above but with much more detail.
TY DC.

shell

I found where I got a problem. Too much Calcium in tap water. I will buy some Brita filter, its like RO/sistem.
Too much calcium in water blocks the access of magnesium, am I right?
And bought Epsom salt/magnesium sulfate MgSO4 32%. Half a tea spoon per 1 gallon for the first watering. Hope this help :dance013:

:tiphat:ty

oldbootz

Veteran
Powdered dolomite lime (2:1 calcium / magnesium ratio) can be mixed in directly but it takes a while to break down and become available to the roots. To speed this up you can feed the lime to an aerated compost tea (slow brew with no molasses) and it will break it down for you quickly. Use epsoms if you need to increase Mg and not calcium as others have said.

Avenger

Veteran
organic laboratories Seacal is a water soluble calcium and magnesium fertilizer with no nitrogen content.

clearheaded

u need to find calcium chelate...

but pretty sure ur cal mag will be just fine man. why CANT u have bit more N. all pro hydro and all hydro for that matter use calcium nitrate that has N... so prob should figure that out??

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
u need to find calcium chelate...

but pretty sure ur cal mag will be just fine man. why CANT u have bit more N. all pro hydro and all hydro for that matter use calcium nitrate that has N... so prob should figure that out??
They use it (hopefully) in a balance which is right for cannabis. I'm one who's not looking for any extra nitrogen, especially after a month or so of flower.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Maybe use organic calcium and magnesium salts such as citrate, gluconate, lactate, ascorbate, or the like.

Chelates/complexes often contain nitrogen which is, in the case of amino acid complexes, plant available (Mg bisglycinate contains 16% N & 14% Ca) whereas the N in EDTA and related chelates is not. But you'd need too high quantities of the latter to be healthy for your plants and that's why they're usually only used for micronutrients.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
NPK Industries make a RAW N, one part of a complete line of dry salts and ammendments

Latest posts

Latest posts