What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I get nice and big pictures?

C

Columbo1

Hi guys,

When I upload pics from my album using the insert image button the picture displayed is only a smallish thumbnail that you have to first click on to get a decent look. How do I do it so I get a nice and big picture that displays on the body of the post?

Also I have this fancy smartphone that takes high quality (and high MB) pictures. How does one go about re-sizing images so the quality of the image is good but the file size is suitable to upload on icmag.

Thanks,

Col.

Skip

Veteran
Hi Colombo, welcome to ICMag!

When you insert an image from your album you have several options available if you're using the "insert image" button next to the message box under "Go Advanced". Make sure you select the full image to place, and not the thumbnail. That is using the Full Site template.

When using our mobile template, you will be presented with your albums, then the images in an album. When you click on an individual image in the album it will then go full size. If you can, just drag the image into the message box. If not, then copy the image url and paste it into the post using the image icon:
insertimage.gif

All images that are bigger than our limits will be resized on upload and EXIF info removed. Your limits will go higher once you go from newbie to member to supporter.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi.
In your album, under each photo you have two kind of "cut and paste links"; "Picture URL" and "BB code"

Just copy-n-paste the BB code to your post like any other link:

Here's a photo posted using hte BB code:

first a broken link, so you'll see what it looks like:

[ IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67615&pictureid=1652295[/IMG]

Here's how it looks when the link is fixed:

X-line C99, Female Seeds.nl
picture.php

CanadaDank

I'm still confused. I don't see any of what you are talking about.
I'm trying to make a post on a thread. I clicked on advanced post. I did my message and when I try to insert pictures it only gives me the option to attach files. When I do that I can only view the pics as thumbnails that I can click on to get a downgraded quality pic. I'm trying to post the full shots as seen above.
I don't see any advanced options or bb or anyting like that. Also, I have no clue how to get into My Album.
I'm very confused which is why I don't usually make any post's here.
Help please! lol

I'm trying to make a post on a thread. I clicked on advanced post. I did my message and when I try to insert pictures it only gives me the option to attach files. When I do that I can only view the pics as thumbnails that I can click on to get a downgraded quality pic. I'm trying to post the full shots as seen above.
I don't see any advanced options or bb or anyting like that. Also, I have no clue how to get into My Album.
Help please! lol
When you are in advanced post editing their will be a link below the smilies saying insert image. click on that and your images will open in another tab. Go to this tab and chose the original image option. Make sure your curser in your message is in the place you want to insert your image. Click on your desired image and it will appear in your msg. You can preview you msg to make sure it looks how you want it.

picture.php

I hope this helps. :)

Hi guys,

When I upload pics from my album using the insert image button the picture displayed is only a smallish thumbnail that you have to first click on to get a decent look. How do I do it so I get a nice and big picture that displays on the body of the post?

Also I have this fancy smartphone that takes high quality (and high MB) pictures. How does one go about re-sizing images so the quality of the image is good but the file size is suitable to upload on icmag.

Thanks,

Col.
See my post above. As far as editing photos so they fit the parameters of the site, I use image editing software (Paint Shop Pro) on my laptop. I firstly resize the image, make any adjustments (sharpening etc) then save a jpeg copy at a compression level which brings the file size down to just below the 117.2 Kb limit. If you just try to upload a large image straight to your album the site will automatically resize it and the result might not be as good as if you had done it yourself beforehand. It is easier said than done though, especially if you don't have experience using editing software.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Help please! lol

How to find your albums
First you log in. Then you'll see USER MENU on top of the page (between the red arrows). It opens and you can see a link to My albums little below (see red arrow)

picture.php

Here's how to post photos from your album the way i do it
Go to your album and open the photo you want to post in a thread -----> Look below the photo where it says BB Code ( Between the red arrows in the photos i posted.)
Then copy that link and paste it into your comment on the spot where you want the image to show up

picture.php

picture.php

The pics above where posted by copy and pasting the BB Code.:)

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
How do I add a picture that I have on a picture hosting site? For the last 2 years I have been unhappy with the picture quality here, and have not been posting a lot, I am still here for the community and am finally taking a new step and taking matters into my ow hands and hosting pictures on a 3rd party and then linking by url into my posts to display in full image size. I have clicked on the little mountain picture and it asks what the url is. I then copy and paste the google url, but then nothing shows up in my post!

THX!

AF1QipPuvWBxe6dN0mnrKxbV6qtzFPv_vYInjKS0SwdA

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
What's a google url? The mountain picture thing should work just fine using a link to the actual image. However it will stay blank if you use an url to a page containing the image, cause that's an url to a web page, not the image.. Hope that makes sense? I've been speaking Spanish all day, hard to shift back to English.. :tiphat:

St. Phatty

I've taken hundreds of pics that I deemed 'not good enough' using a smartphone.

I'm thinking part of the secret, with a smartphone, is sort of jamming the lens right into the bud - or, closer to the bud.

I miss my Y2K Nikon that could focus.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
What's a google url? The mountain picture thing should work just fine using a link to the actual image. However it will stay blank if you use an url to a page containing the image, cause that's an url to a web page, not the image.. Hope that makes sense? I've been speaking Spanish all day, hard to shift back to English.. :tiphat:

I figured it out, I was trying to use google photos to hostlink or whatever, but they make it difficult by not providing proper url. I am using lensdump and it works perfect. No restrictions, No picture compression, pictures are now a lot better.