What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ex POTUS G Bush snr accused of groping at leasr 8 women

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just when things are coming to a head..latest news is that whilst President,,George Bush snr has been accused of groping at least 8 females,,,,,
these women held quite high positions so credibility not an issue,,,,,,
Oh dear! its looking very grim out there,,,,,,s2

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watch that Deep State vid that Gyp posted...

You'll understand WHY this shit happens.

Honestly... It's a wonder these guys aren't going around grabbing balls too!

They're ALL deranged in some way or another.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watch that Deep State vid that Gyp posted...

You'll understand WHY this shit happens.

Honestly... It's a wonder these guys aren't going around grabbing balls too!

They're ALL deranged in some way or another.

I saw the Terry Crews interview and Kevin Spacey has 20 allegations whilst running the Old Vic Theatre for those years,,,,
males are not immune from this predatory behaviour from very powerful people,,,,s2

Gry

Been a little while, maybe six or eight months back I read of female marines being preyed upon by their commanding officers.

W

Water-

Maybe people need to start bring realistic about the fact that we are Apes and this behavior is hard wired into alpha males brains .

I have no idea what the answer is to how we domesticate ourselves.

I just think we need to start looking more at the real root of power issues

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
the thing that blows my mind is the fact that someone from the bush camp released a statement saying that if president bush did anything to offend anyone it was unintentional and that president bush essentially doesnt have to capacity to intentionally offend anyone? to me that translates to- 'this man can do no wrong'. just wow. so this guy is pretty much immune to prosecution? at this point all i can do is smh...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and my guess is that just as soon as I win the Powerball jackpot, they'll come crawling out of the woodwork 'bout me too.......

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe people need to start bring realistic about the fact that we are Apes and this behavior is hard wired into alpha males brains .

This might be hard wired into our brains, but we have a choice about it. Marrying someone is a choice. Marriage means you're deciding to be with one person instead of making crude advances towards the attractive people around you for the rest of your life.

I wonder what it would be like being the president as a single man. Millions of girls out there would want you. It would be distracting.

that's not true. there is lots of evidence that negates this view. alone the fact that not all human societies and cultures that have existed (and some still exist) don't have this problem and don't have the ideologically constructed idea of "alpha males" and have completely different social structures without hierarchies and "power issues" like our capitalist societies negates this.

if you look at history and the rise of these ideas (alpha male, strongest survive, power gives right etc. etc. etc.) you can see that is an ideological construct to justify societies and behaviours based on exploitation, oppression, supremacists ideas, hierarchical societies, competition, ranking, sadism etc. etc.
it is a rationalization.

typical perpetrator - victim rationalization to convince the victims of the normality of the situation and keep it under control

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's not true. there is lots of evidence that negates this view. alone the fact that not all human societies and cultures that have existed (and some still exist) don't have this problem and don't have the ideologically constructed idea of "alpha males" and have completely different social structures without hierarchies and "power issues" like our capitalist societies negates this.

if you look at history and the rise of these ideas (alpha male, strongest survive, power gives right etc. etc. etc.) you can see that is an ideological construct to justify societies and behaviours based on exploitation, oppression, supremacists ideas, hierarchical societies, competition, ranking, sadism etc. etc.
it is a rationalization.

typical perpetrator - victim rationalization to convince the victims of the normality of the situation and keep it under control

I don't think it's a societal construct or about the idea of "alpha males". It's human nature as a man to feel attracted to new women. A beautiful girl you don't know can seem hotter than the beautiful girl you married and have been with for years.

Some of these sexual harassment stories are about a guy being horny and coming on to someone close to them who they think is hot. To some women, a guy who they find attractive who touches them a certain way is exactly what they're looking for. It's considered inappropriate if she doesn't feel attraction towards him.

It doesn't matter if it's harassment or not when it's someone who's married. Marrying someone means that's it. You're with them for life and there's no one else. Guys being tempted by someone new when they're already married, that's what some of these recent stories seem to be about.

I don't think it's a societal construct or about the idea of "alpha males". It's human nature as a man to feel attracted to new women. A beautiful girl you don't know can seem hotter than the beautiful girl you married and have been with for years.

Some of these sexual harassment stories are about a guy being horny and coming on to someone close to them who they think is hot. To some women, a guy who they find attractive who touches them a certain way is exactly what they're looking for. It's considered inappropriate if she doesn't feel attraction towards him.

It doesn't matter if it's harassment or not when it's someone who's married. Marrying someone means that's it. You're with them for life and there's no one else. Guys being tempted by someone new when they're already married, that's what some of these recent stories seem to be about.

marriage is a societal construct. attraction to "alpha males" is a societal construct and harrassing women and seeing them as objects is a societal construct just like it would be if it were the other way around.

"male " and "female" behaviour in our society is a cultural defined behaviour, not natural.
if you would tell people from less insane cultures what we call "male" they would not say it is male but crazy, which it is.

and i was referring to the world view that is behind the comment of water.

attr

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read a story the other day (Washington Post) about this shit being a recurring problem at TED conferences.
One woman, who left the conference a day early, said she wouldn't be returning.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
marriage is a societal construct. attraction to "alpha males" is a societal construct and harrassing women and seeing them as objects is a societal construct just like it would be if it were the other way around.

"male " and "female" behaviour in our society is a cultural defined behaviour, not natural.
if you would tell people from less insane cultures what we call "male" they would not say it is male but crazy, which it is.

and i was referring to the world view that is behind the comment of water.

attr

Marriage as a legal definition might be a societal construct. Some people are drawn to the idea of falling in love and staying with that person for life. Including me. I meant that actually committing to it means you have to shut off the attraction you might feel for other people while you're married. The relationship and the love you share with someone special in your life is more important than some girl you know with nice tits who gives you a boner.

I brought up the marriage thing because this story is about George H W Bush who was president and has been married for so long. This story wouldn't be in the news if he wasn't president and married at the same time.

There are real natural differences between male and female, at least on average. Men and women both have the temptation to cheat over time if they're with the same person for a long time. The only difference there is in their motives. Guys tend to be horny for someone new because it's someone new and exciting. They get hard for her when their wife isn't exciting anymore. Girls tend to cheat when they feel a strong emotional need that their husband isn't meeting.

Finding someone hot and wanting to fuck them, that's not a societal construct at all. That's human nature. That's how we survived as a species. It just feels wrong when someone who's already married does that. It's a conflict between our innate nature in wanting to breed and wanting to find someone special to spend the rest of your life with.

"Marriage as a legal definition might be a societal construct. Some people are drawn to the idea of falling in love and staying with that person for life. Including me. I meant that actually committing to it means you have to shut off the attraction you might feel for other people while you're married. The relationship and the love you share with someone special in your life is more important than some girl you know with nice tits who gives you a boner."

you are drawn to the idea because you are born into a society that upholds the idea that you have to stay together with the same partner for a life time. also because it is presented as romantic etc. societal indoctrination.
furthermore if our society hadn't the construct of the family as defined as man - woman and children (now a bit more open to same sex) isolated from others (also a construct) then the more natural behaviour of bands and tribes (don't know the exact english word, i hope you know what i mean) would be prevalent and there would be no need to phantasize about a lifelong partnership.

"The only difference there is in their motives. Guys tend to be horny for someone new because it's someone new and exciting. They get hard for her when their wife isn't exciting anymore. Girls tend to cheat when they feel a strong emotional need that their husband isn't meeting."

this is also just out of the viewpoint of our societal conventions, which are constructed and reinforced through different means.

"Finding someone hot and wanting to fuck them, that's not a societal construct at all. That's human nature. That's how we survived as a species."

thats not how we survived as a species. there are lots of ways to construct a partnership.
look at history. people hadn't to be attracted to one another to marry and have children. i also have known couples that were married by their parents without consent of the children and years before the then married couple knew each other (in western europe, christian )

"and wanting to find someone special to spend the rest of your life with."

social construct

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe George got fed-up with Barbara's Bush?, so went off playing grab-ass?

Seems to happen all the time, but doesn't really make it right now does it? Especially if the target of his lust is not into it.

Monogamy is actually not normal amongst humans, but many choose to be monogamous, just to keep the peace more than anything, or they are just fed-up with shagging around and want a more steady and meaningful relationship with just one person.

Last edited:

bestothebest

I feel like all of these allegations arent all even about the abuse, but just most of people wanting to get money. There are a few legit ones who actually care about it though.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Marriage as a legal definition might be a societal construct. Some people are drawn to the idea of falling in love and staying with that person for life. Including me. I meant that actually committing to it means you have to shut off the attraction you might feel for other people while you're married. The relationship and the love you share with someone special in your life is more important than some girl you know with nice tits who gives you a boner."

you are drawn to the idea because you are born into a society that upholds the idea that you have to stay together with the same partner for a life time. also because it is presented as romantic etc. societal indoctrination.
furthermore if our society hadn't the construct of the family as defined as man - woman and children (now a bit more open to same sex) isolated from others (also a construct) then the more natural behaviour of bands and tribes (don't know the exact english word, i hope you know what i mean) would be prevalent and there would be no need to phantasize about a lifelong partnership.

"The only difference there is in their motives. Guys tend to be horny for someone new because it's someone new and exciting. They get hard for her when their wife isn't exciting anymore. Girls tend to cheat when they feel a strong emotional need that their husband isn't meeting."

this is also just out of the viewpoint of our societal conventions, which are constructed and reinforced through different means.

"Finding someone hot and wanting to fuck them, that's not a societal construct at all. That's human nature. That's how we survived as a species."

thats not how we survived as a species. there are lots of ways to construct a partnership.
look at history. people hadn't to be attracted to one another to marry and have children. i also have known couples that were married by their parents without consent of the children and years before the then married couple knew each other (in western europe, christian )

"and wanting to find someone special to spend the rest of your life with."

social construct

It's more about finding someone you love so deeply that you want to stay with them forever. It has happened twice in my lifetime. Falling in love is part of human nature. So is wanting to stay with that person for life. For some people at least. Falling in love with someone fully means there won't be anyone else, unless you have a different type of personality that doesn't want monogamy. Monogamy is a societal construct because it happens to be right for some people.

It doesn't happen for everyone. Obviously. It works for some people. I say that as a non religious guy who's been married and divorced. There are times in real people's lives where they find someone and stay with them for life. I've seen it happen.

I only brought up monogamy in this thread because President Bush was and is still married. I don't care about some random dude touching someone's boobs. Guys want to get laid. If they try with someone who isn't into them, just try again with some other girl. The only bad side I see with some of these stories is when the guy has a wife at home.

It's more about finding someone you love so deeply that you want to stay with them forever. It has happened twice in my lifetime. Falling in love is part of human nature. So is wanting to stay with that person for life. For some people at least. Falling in love with someone fully means there won't be anyone else, unless you have a different type of personality that doesn't want monogamy. Monogamy is a societal construct because it happens to be right for some people.

It doesn't happen for everyone. Obviously. It works for some people. I say that as a non religious guy who's been married and divorced. There are times in real people's lives where they find someone and stay with them for life. I've seen it happen.

I only brought up monogamy in this thread because President Bush was and is still married. I don't care about some random dude touching someone's boobs. Guys want to get laid. If they try with someone who isn't into them, just try again with some other girl. The only bad side I see with some of these stories is when the guy has a wife at home.

i think we are talking past each other (?)...

"Monogamy is a societal construct because it happens to be right for some people."

it is normal in some societies because it forced upon you by the authority of that society and this authority thinks it is the right way to live.

yes it is possible for people to stay together a life time but it is not the norm in humanity unless it is reinforced by the societal authority itself especially in modern times.

there seldom is such a thing as human nature because mostly humans can develop different living circumstances and have extremley complex social structures and psyches.

human nature is in the majority of cases just used to justify behaviours and laws and rules (rationalization)

for example there are (were) tribes in australia that do not have the concept of family as we know it (relatives- father and mother have a child and are their parents) but very complex constructions where completely unrelated persons can be the father or mother of someone or the sister or daughter or brother or whatever.

Latest posts

Latest posts