What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Widow!

White Widow circa 1998 was the first time i got my hands on the black market cut that was going around in cali/sf bay area. In 1999 i bought another White Widow cut from a medical club and was happily surprised to grow it out and have it be the same cut i had gotten for 5$ in my hood. The club medical cut cost me 15$ but no doubt about it, it was the same cut. After growing those two cuts out and a bunch more i made myself off the originals i finally got my fill and let them go for something new. On or around 2002 i was wanting more ww so i bought another cut and sure enough it was still growing out the same killer flowers no doubt same mother/cut as before.

Well this season i bought and grew out another medical cut of ww. This time its definently a different mother/cut but im happy to say its still a wonderfull flower...

Don't get me wrong not as pretty or tastey as it was circa 1998 but still a fantastic smoke.....

Anyways my question to you all is who has the best seed form of White Widow nowadays?

Mr nice Black Widow? Or???

Thanks
Stonehedge out!:tiphat:

bestothebest

I believe the best is joey weed white widow f2 on canadian h3mp d3pot, change the threes to e's, he has always had good reproductions of strains. You had better snatch it up though, it wont be around much longer.

Happy Times

No personal experience but I think Beanhoarder offers some crosses done with a few different black widow phenos

TerpeneDream

Do y'all find WW to smell a bit like 'moss'?

Is that typical with THE WW?

The last couple times I had it (different growers)...it had a pleasant mossy terp profile...

Do y'all find WW to smell a bit like 'moss'?

Is that typical with THE WW?

The last couple times I had it (different growers)...it had a pleasant mossy terp profile...

In my experience not what i would call a moss type smell.

In 1998-2002 i would of called the smell floral mixed with ivory soap and urine.
I would of swore someone who created it was growing it indoors with somekind of urine based nutes in a hydro system and ivory soap was being used in pest management.... It smoked extremely smooth could take big hits but the expansion made it hard to hold in long with a killer hashish taste second to nothing going around the hood at that time... True cup winning flowers!!!

The cut i bought and grew this year is what i believe to be a hybrid off that old cut it now has a floral citrus candy smell. Imo extremely smooth smoke deep draws on a joint go down without much expansion but the high it packs is still a very potent up beat happy hippy high.... Its still great pot!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Beanhoarder is a great suggestion. He sells different lines of Black Widow that he has worked.

Seedsman white widow was good.

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The WW I grew from MNS seeds smelled like gardenias w an astringent background.

Black Widow from MNS is supposedly the original, last I knew.

I'm wondering if those first couple cuts you received were possibly the Aloha cut of WW?

The WW I grew from MNS seeds smelled like gardenias w an astringent background.

Black Widow from MNS is supposedly the original, last I knew.

I'm wondering if those first couple cuts you received were possibly the Aloha cut of WW?

Well MJ i asked a few old friends but still have no idea if they were the Aloha cut.

Here is a look at the new cut i got from harborside this season dried and manicured outdoor sungrown buy yours truely. This is some good flower to....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
Most of the White Widow I've smoked has had a black tea/ leaf litter type smell with tropical fruit undertones. The Black Widow I grew from clone years ago had a mango/guava type smell really late in flower.

WelderDan

Veteran
Beanhoarder is a great suggestion. He sells different lines of Black Widow that he has worked.

Seedsman white widow was good.

View Image

Nice. I had a couple fem Seedsman WW that I hit with some Deep Chunk pollen.

I find Widow to be potent, but kinda boring in the taste department (my opinion). I mean it's not nasty, just, I don't know, nothing special taste wise. We'll see what the offspring has to offer. I'm hoping for a more vigorous Chunk type. I'm hoping for lots of frost and heavy couchlock.

oldbootz

Veteran
I tried a canadian BC Bud WW many years ago (2009ish? cant remember) and it smelt very much of pine, and only pine. It grew large spears similar to Stonehedge pics. Not bad weed it was nice, but herm prone.

The white russian i tried from serious seeds back in the day was leaps and bounds better.

Beuhologue

Hi all!

There is a very good WW cut in Spain (around Granada), the 1998 aka the Polygonera aka Pestuosa aka Apestosa aka Granadina aka aka aka :D
very tasty, strong peaceful effect, lemon incense smell and taste (remind Jack Herer and Panama 1974 smell) but sensible to stress and could make fertile balls, but one of the 2 best WW I ever try,

++!

M

maliali

Hi all!

There is a very good WW cut in Spain (around Granada), the 1998 aka the Polygonera aka Pestuosa aka Apestosa aka Granadina aka aka aka :D
very tasty, strong peaceful effect, lemon incense smell and taste (remind Jack Herer and Panama 1974 smell) but sensible to stress and could make fertile balls, but one of the 2 best WW I ever try,

++!

It is rare pheno of WW i found that pheno in White label seeds. white widow. It is ready for 10.5 weeks with 30%amber from 12/12 from clone most people who dosent know think it is ssh or silverhaze. Smoke tands to parfume room in citrus,musk incense. And buds looks like haze.

It is rare pheno of WW i found that pheno in White label seeds. white widow. It is ready for 10.5 weeks with 30%amber from 12/12 from clone most people who dosent know think it is ssh or silverhaze. Smoke tands to parfume room in citrus,musk incense. And buds looks like haze.

Speaking about parfuming a room that old 1998 cut of ww had the loudest most wonderfull smell when smoked.

True story here the wife and i where on a camping trip at collins lake i had recently got my medical card and had a bagfull of ww flowers i had grown we where smokeing on each night. First night the wife and i notice a park cop was survailing us with binoculars from atleast 100yrds away. We where camping for a week and each night we started noticeing the same lake cop watching us but not hassling us. I had just recently got that med card and thought im camping if i can't medicate here legaly with this card i heeded to know it right now so we said f it and kept smokeing on that ww each night. Finally on the third or fourth night this lake cop quietly rolled up on us. We thought ok here we go time to break out the med card and see if it holds water!!! Well to my surprise this lake cop had no interest in harassing me he says to me " dude i been smelling you smoke that amazing smelling pot where the heck is that bud from and how can i get some". Anyways me and this dude hit it off turns out he was big into fishing like myself and we remained friends i even took him out salmon fishing on my boat.

M

maliali

Speaking about parfuming a room that old 1998 cut of ww had the loudest most wonderfull smell when smoked.

True story here the wife and i where on a camping trip at collins lake i had recently got my medical card and had a bagfull of ww flowers i had grown we where smokeing on each night. First night the wife and i notice a park cop was survailing us with binoculars from atleast 100yrds away. We where camping for a week and each night we started noticeing the same lake cop watching us but not hassling us. I had just recently got that med card and thought im camping if i can't medicate here legaly with this card i heeded to know it right now so we said f it and kept smokeing on that ww each night. Finally on the third or fourth night this lake cop quietly rolled up on us. We thought ok here we go time to break out the med card and see if it holds water!!! Well to my surprise this lake cop had no interest in harassing me he says to me " dude i been smelling you smoke that amazing smelling pot where the heck is that bud from and how can i get some". Anyways me and this dude hit it off turns out he was big into fishing like myself and we remained friends i even took him out salmon fishing on my boat.

I lost that cut after 3 years and i was very sad. I was going throug Cali stuff like 2-3 last years. OG's,Chems,Sours. Im starting FTS Sour D BX3 riri cut. When i end this. Im going throug somas Amnesia Haze big selction and again white widow,White shark. And Sensi star x GDP. Back to EU stuff i found good OG pheno in karmas Dkush. And now i want find real AMNESIA HAZE which is mix amnesia(ssh x G13hazesomamale) This is the best haze i had ever smoke. And room parfume is even better then that White Widow Incense hazy musky funk but with oregano rosemary piney over tone. Never had that good smell and taste in any strain and cut since that pheno of somas which is 40%amnesia SSh and 60 procent g13. the best strain i had ever.