You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Thirds PPK

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Thirds PPK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2017, 01:11 AM #1
Thirdtime

Thirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really nice
Thirds PPK

As I close in on my first harvest I start this in hopes more experienced peeps will take a look and help me improve. Currently I am at day 60 of 12/12 on the first 4. I am trying to do a perpetual but my timing needs a little work. So a little history..

First of August I picked up some clones Lemon Skunk, NYSD, Ghost OG, Pineapple Haze, Bubba Kush, Samaria OG, Panama Red, Holy Grail, Motorbreath and Godhead. Within the same week I had 3 seeds pop, this was bagseed from Williams Wonder/Southwest Stomper. My mother in law really wanted this one grown . Lighiting is 2 300w CMH and a 400 MH. The veg area is about 6x 10. I really wanted to keep the plant count down to about 12

At this point I knew next to nothing about hydro. I started out with DWC because it sounded easiest and cheap to get started. About a week later I inherited a bunch of 4x4, 4x8 and 3x8 trays. So I took those 3" DWC cups and put them into Hugos. Make up your mind already... right

At some point I got into heavy research mode and to some extant am still there. One of my first things was cheaper nutrients as I thought paying large amounts of money for water was ridiculous. Having owned a commercial nursery before I knew better. In some thread somewhere else Jacks was mentioned. And googling Jacks recipe took me to D9's PPK system thread. I forget which one first but I think I read them all twice, the second time making notes.

Some eye candy for those who just want to see pics.. canapy shot day 50 and holy grail at day 60
Thirdtime is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:15 AM #2
Thirdtime

Thirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really niceThirdtime is just really nice
Sorry for the typos and photo quality, no editing power and I just suck as a photographer

Old 10-31-2017, 01:23 AM #3
Thirdtime

Flower room is lit with 3 1k DE HPS. The plants in flower room are in hugos on 4x4 trays. 11 plants staggered going into the 12/12. The second and third group could have been bigger as I think I shocked them by swapping to a different style. Also several of clones i think were in flower modewhen clones were made as their growth was stunted and bushy Like i have seen clones from flowering plants grow. So group 2 and 3 were not very big or robust. But I want to switch to the ppk method as I found trays a pain to work around in small quarters.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:38 AM #4
Thirdtime

I made a clone as each went into flower and have them vegging right now. Like i said my timing is a little off. Picked a few more clones too. GG4, SSH, Northern Lights, G-13 and TKO

Old 10-31-2017, 03:36 AM #5
Thirdtime

I made 2 clones of ea when flipping and the weaker of the 2 went into flower at 18" just cause i hate killing em. The stronger goes to veg but now my veg is overcrowded and the first ones aren't ready to harvest. After doing more searching it seems the Lemon Skunk and Holy Grail are 9-10 week instead of 7-9 like i was first told/read

Old 11-02-2017, 04:39 PM #6
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Welcome and PPK`s rule......all else drool.........Keep up the good work and thanks for your time.....

Peace.....DHF...........

Old 11-02-2017, 09:30 PM #7
Thirdtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
Welcome and PPK`s rule......all else drool.........Keep up the good work and thanks for your time.....

Peace.....DHF...........
Thanks for stopping by. I can't say PPK is the best as I lack enough exp with all the different methods. But it seems like the way with fewer issues and low maintenance. Don't need to monitor pH daily. Less wasteful and easy to use nutrients, inexpensive to build. And one of the best growth rates, at least according to everyone who has used it, seemed a no-brainer to me.

I have read a lot of threads, many spanning several years even decades. And after reading their trials and experiments and watching their skills grow I feel like they are old friends, even though I have never actually talked to them or barely posted. I just find it a little odd is all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171006_161854.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	434212

Old 11-02-2017, 09:40 PM #8
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
What's variety is that in your last post ? It looks super nice, Holy Grail Kush ?

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

Old 11-02-2017, 10:34 PM #9
Thirdtime

That's the Samurai OG nice dense buds, I just took it down yesterday. The Holy Grail comes down tomorrow, much much larger colas but not as tight. Both are pretty frosty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171006_samog.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	434216 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171006_holygrail.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	434217

Old 11-02-2017, 11:37 PM #10
Thirdtime

More Samurai OG
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	samog1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	434221 Click image for larger version

Name:	samog2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	434222