Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Need help planning first scrog

Thread Title Search
Need help planning first scrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2017, 10:27 AM #1
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
Need help planning first scrog

Hi guy's

Well I've finally decided to try a scrog grow.
I've got 3 cheesy dick clones and I've ordered a frame and screen of eBay.

Now I've been reading various tutorials but I can't figure how to arrange the pots under the screen. Should I put the pots in a triangle shape or in a row?
Just don't want to much growth in one area.
This will be done in a 1.5 x 1.5 tent.

Also which method is best? Weaving branches over the netting or just to keep pulling the branches back under the screen and moving across to the next square?
The last one sounds easy but seems more like a plant support in the photos I've seen.

Cheers

Old 10-31-2017, 06:52 AM #2
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
I'd go triangle, and weave the branches over and then under the screen, like a wicker basket.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 11:40 AM #3
Ronin4life

Ronin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the rough
All the best with your scrog
Ronin4life is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:07 PM #4
MickFoster

MickFoster will become famous soon enoughMickFoster will become famous soon enough
You don't weave the branches - they should grow under the net and pulled down to the next opening. Place the net 8" - 12" above the pot, remove growth below the net, and keep tucking until after the 2nd week of flower.
MickFoster is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM #5
Ronin4life

Ronin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the rough
So you don't need to top the plant.? Just bend tops under screen

Old 10-31-2017, 12:48 PM #6
MickFoster

MickFoster will become famous soon enoughMickFoster will become famous soon enough
If you google LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial, it will explain all you need to know about doing a scrog.
MickFoster is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 03:32 PM #7
Ronin4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickFoster View Post
If you google LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial, it will explain all you need to know about doing a scrog.

Cheers Mick I will do that now.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:22 PM #8
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
The net and frame arrived today. My clones will be potted up into 15litre pots this weekend.
I've had some bad news, we are having new windows fitted in spring. So I'm not gonna be able to veg that long.
Another 4 weeks and I've got to flip hence the 15ltr pots.

I ain't gonna have time to fill the screen but I'm still gonna use it to get some practice.
My clones are only 5 inch tall at moment and one of them looks like 2 clones in one pot. I will take pictures in a couple of hours to show you guys.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:42 AM #9
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

I'm not sure I'm going to able to do this at all. As you can see my tent has no side access and I'm having real trouble reaching the back half of the scrog net.

Now I'm not much of a problem solver and I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions about how I'm gonna go about this.

Tent area is 1.5m x 1.5m

Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 AM #10
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

I've decided to take the frame out. I had it 12 inches above the pots and I couldn't get below it to the back plant.
I'm gonna put the net away until next year when I get a new tent with side access
Shame I was looking forward to try my first scrog