What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis strains for insomnia?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with insomnia and have a recommendation as to which strains are most effective for relieving it?

Obviously indicas will be more favorable over sativas, but are there any hybrids that may be helpful?

Also, looking for a hardy strain that will be successful outdoors since that's my method of growing. Thanks.

Carraxe

Veteran
I'd say pure indicas before hybrids. They provide more a body relax than hybrids, that are stronger but not that suitable for sleep
Best one I know was Taskenti, an Uzbek hashplant, but I think it is discontinued. Old Black Domina from Sensi, and maybe Bubba Kush

clearheaded

Best is moderste high cbd with thc tincture. pck is hardy indica for od. also herijuana is known for sleepy effects and is also fast so heard good even in north od. If rainy area indicas can be hard to grow because of rot.

clearheaded

Tinctures are good because act little faster then edible and long acting to keep asleep. also the metabolite is very very sleep inducing far more then any indica. Just take 1 or 2 hours before u want to go to sleep. Also i have had caps kick in after i woke up next morning imagine cause just wasnt sigested as i was sedentary/sleeping and not extracted. But why tincture or candy is better as absorbs buccaly.

Bog's lifesafer is the most sleep inducing strain I ever grow. I was giving it to someone with insomnia, and it worked quit well. I am now having a hard time finding something as effective since i stopped growing this strain.

JustSumTomatoes

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Around here the quality of bud on the streets is total trash compared to what it use to be. Many of the local growers quit in recent years and started importing buds from legal states instead, which brought with it a drop in quality. Didn't grow a crop this season so I'll probably have to suffer until next year. From my own experience I have found it to be a real hit or miss as far as what works for me strain wise. I've tried prescription meds with no relief. Seems I need to find that special type of MJ to do the trick.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use sativas lately. As long as I smoke a couple hours before when I want to sleep, they work as well as the indicas. Even one hour is enough most times.

JustSumTomatoes

I use sativas lately. As long as I smoke a couple hours before when I want to sleep, they work as well as the indicas. Even one hour is enough most times.
Interestingly enough some hybrids have been more effective than some indicas I have come across. Haven't had the chance to try a sativa or mostly sativa yet. It's really hard to tell how much of it is strain/clone or how much of it was how it was grown or let to mature. My outdoor bagseed grows have rivaled many of the indoor "dro" buds that I have had in terms of effectiveness and potency.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am smoking Colombian Gold '72, Ethiopian Highland, Michoacan. Old time sativas. I have smoked the gold and nodded off fir a bit a half hour later. I was real tired to begin with and did not go to sleep, but still.

Sam the Skunkman says the same. He smokes only sativa and says that after the first phase of the high, you get the relaxing effect. biphasic is the effect. First is energized then second is sedated.

Gizmo

hello JustSumTomatoes, i dont know which latitude and which climate you have but Shark Shock and NORDLE(afghan skunk) from Mr Nice seeds are two really good strains for outdoor in northern latitude like 45-50, they both give high quality buds good for sleep disorder and pain, they are IBL strains too, i can only tell good things about shantibaba genetics from mr nice seeds, great great prices too if you participate a their auctions at mr nice forum. Shantibaba offers CBD enriched strains and make enriched strains for all the commercial seeds company. he 's truelly one of the best breeder.

here is a pick of the shark shock indoor from a mr nice forum grower

picture.php

Hi there I suffer badly from insomnia.i was on leafly looking for strains for insomnia here is a few that I found

Tahoe of
Purple lush
Pre 98 bubba lush
True of
Afghan
Zombie kush
Superbud
King Louis civil

Hope you find something I am going to run 4 strains and see if I can find an insomnia killer

JustSumTomatoes

hello JustSumTomatoes, i dont know which latitude and which climate you have but Shark Shock and NORDLE(afghan skunk) from Mr Nice seeds are two really good strains for outdoor in northern latitude like 45-50, they both give high quality buds good for sleep disorder and pain, they are IBL strains too, i can only tell good things about shantibaba genetics from mr nice seeds, great great prices too if you participate a their auctions at mr nice forum. Shantibaba offers CBD enriched strains and make enriched strains for all the commercial seeds company. he 's truelly one of the best breeder.

Thanks for the recommendation Gizmo. I've only heard the best about Shantibaba's gear and would be willing to give it a try. I'm guessing that both are indicas? The grows that I have done have produced mostly indica plants that start flowering the second week of August and are done mid October. I grow near the 41st parallel and our autumns can be either really nice or totally shitty. Mold or bud rot hasn't been too bad as long as its caught early. Awesome looking plant by the way!