What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cant stand indica anymore

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hola icer's

I wanna know if that does this to someone else!

Gonna explain my self, i mean i smoke for over 25 year's. And by these days smoking indica making me nausea and dizzy! My smoke should be only sativa, otherwise i'm not cheering being stone at all anymore.

Is it because i been smoking "indica" for to long, or is it common to want mellowing thing down by getting old!!

Feel free to share your experience, or what you thoughts.

:tiphat:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I quit smoking for a while before I started growing again. I didn’t like the “dumber than a rock” effect I got with the stuff I was getting.

A friend (who I trust completely) gave me a few seeds from some bud he said was really, really good so I grew them out and shazam, I wanted more of that stuff. Uplifting, social, active type pot…what I like.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Indica is good for going to sleep in front of the TV, getting old does the same.

Sativa has been my mainstay. Although when it went legal it became necessary to grow Indica, some folks correlate the sleepiness with a stronger bud.
No, it just makes a person sleepy, smoking less makes for less sleepy but will never give the wide awake wonder of Sativa.

Insomniacs may dispute these conclusions mightily.

psyphish

Veteran
I love sitting on the couch late at night completely relaxed and buzzing, with my eyes closed and on the edge of falling asleep. Never passed out from weed though, always went to bed on my own.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Indica is good for going to sleep in front of the TV, getting old does the same.

Sativa has been my mainstay. Although when it went legal it became necessary to grow Indica, some folks correlate the sleepiness with a stronger bud.
No, it just makes a person sleepy, smoking less makes for less sleepy but will never give the wide awake wonder of Sativa.

Insomniacs may dispute these conclusions mightily.

You damn right, indica is i bet also good for hyperactivity!

:tiphat:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hybrids...yeehaw

Well, even the hybrids have found the way to turn me off!

I was really cheering my mango these past few years, wich is at least 60/40 sativa.

But well this year, i couldn't stand it anymore i feel weird with transpiration on top of my head. My body react like it's a poison or something wich i just couldn't tolerate!!!

Really strange, but well whatever it's. VIVA SATIVA :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I agree WLD sucks for me.
I will never breed a WLD or WLD hybrid again.
It is because of the terpene contents in WLD, I hate them, and their effects.
(WLD) Wide Leaf Drug variety
-SamS

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it is quite age related. I loved indicas or hybrids when I was young, though they were impossible to find till about 1980.

Less energy now and can not stand the after effects of indica. Like trying to walk thru mud up to your knees. Not sure on the nausea or dizziness, maybe too much at one time?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i was never a big fan of indicas myself. i'll moke em only at night when i'm not doing shit or on an off day when i aint got shit to do. i never understood why people like that lethargic sleepy high. i guess it's better than a bunch of heroin addicts running around lol.

weedtoker

Veteran
I will not pretend to know for you, 'cause usually one feels/knows better about himself than anyone but also consider:

- Low blood sugar creates a number of funky sensations that can from "i've got a hole in my stomach", to the common trip of "i'm dying/diziness";
-Maybe with age you get high/stoned to the bone easier, or don't wan't to simply be/feel like that;
-Also, some vars are more disruptive than others, think many use the term "virulent" in this language, and for a good reason.
-Hyperemesis on the verge of getting it on. This last one, don't have any experience, and much less probableNot probable since you can still write to us and not be glued to a bathroom.

have to add that I'm on the nld and it's hybs bandwagon for 2 years and yep might save your life/ change it completely for better or worse eheh

cheers and keep it in the PMA, if possible.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indica Sativa, indica is for night time, sleepy couchlock, Sativa is up and stimulating (better). But my experience is not exactly the same. First I think the words indica and sativa have become more marketing tools than realistic interpretations. I go with the NLD/WLD and indica is any drug strain regardless of leaf and sativa is hemp. That being said I’ve found though the years that certain varieties of cannabis were breed for or just better for sifting while others are better for straight flower smoking. Now for me the leaf doesn’t make a difference in effect necessarily, however many factors do. Like harvest time, drying, curing and age. Not to mention my physical condition when consuming, if I’m tried most makes me sleepy. I’ve grown out many so called sativa that were indeed couchlock and sleepy, Jamaicans, Colombians in particular. And I grew some indica that affected me with a “sativa” description, hash fruit is one. And I grow a pure so called indica that’s flowers do make me sleepy and blank but the dry sift is uplifting and super motivating stimulating. On another note I find now that I’m getting old I appreciate much more (at certain times) a powerful couch locking narcotic effect. And I don’t always find that in just indica.

red rider

Dog Star

Veteran
I love sativa-indica hybrids and a best plant i founded was between NLD Amnesia Core cut and WLD Sour Bubble.. leaning on a side of Amnesia mother,good developed,nice strong side branches that can bring weight on self,turbo resiny and best type of high
where you are actually happy and relaxed,very potent plant overall...

Her majesty the Amnesia Bubble
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So beautifull balanced between sativa and indica side that it was mine biggest pleasure
to meet her personaly and enjoy in her company.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hola icer's

I wanna know if that does this to someone else!

Gonna explain my self, i mean i smoke for over 25 year's. And by these days smoking indica making me nausea and dizzy! My smoke should be only sativa, otherwise i'm not cheering being stone at all anymore.
Stoned? I have no need to escape from life anymore, why would I want my brain fogged and confused? Sleepy? That's what I get when I use an overripe harvested sativa. Bit of CBN. Indica for sleep? LOL no way! Can't stand the hangover in the morning. Yes, compared to most NLD dominate strains, the WLD varieties tend to have negative affects for me the next morning.

NLD, upbeat, clear, focused, motivated, Moving Forward in Life, type cannabis. That's what I'm all about. :dance013:

Nausea and dizzy? Who's growing your cannabis and what are they putting on it? Are you getting your sativas from a different grower?
Save

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have tested thousands of different plants over several decades and seldom find any CBN in living plants WLD or NLD, the plants does not directly produce CBN it is a degradation product from THC. Even after storage for a year or two the THC is still almost all found as THCA with little or no CBN, after 2 years the terpenes are mostly gone.
-SamS

Stoned? I have no need to escape from life anymore, why would I want my brain fogged and confused? Sleepy? That's what I get when I use an overripe harvested sativa. Bit of CBN. Indica for sleep? LOL no way! Can't stand the hangover in the morning. Yes, compared to most NLD dominate strains, the WLD varieties tend to have negative affects for me the next morning.

NLD, upbeat, clear, focused, motivated, Moving Forward in Life, type cannabis. That's what I'm all about. :dance013:

Nausea and dizzy? Who's growing your cannabis and what are they putting on it? Are you getting your sativas from a different grower?
Save

Latest posts

Latest posts