What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whos had some good hazes lately , and were from?

GUY-FAWKES

greetings folks , as of late ive a chem fiend running various cuts of stardawg chems and ogs past few years but lately i got real nice pheno of silver mountain that got me wanting some good hazes back in my life now i the time and space to grow them,
this cut is very nice indeed and good head effect but still lacks that 'rip your head off, fuck me , whats in this ' true haze high

best i ever had was haze 19 x skunk from nirvana a good 12-15 years ago and not had anything like it since

any good recant exp and suggestions please folks.

G

growhigh1233

one of the best iv had recently was chimeras haze x ss ......... a chimera selected haze crossed to feminized pollen from the famous sweet skunk clone. rumoured to be an expectational nl5xhaze pheno

i believe in plants complimenting each other ............ and trust me....... these plants do

Last edited:

thenewstyle

Barney's grinspoon, the genetics are a secret but I believe it to be an old skool haze selection.

Here's an outdoor sample I just finished, it does just as well OD as it does ID. Amazing stuff, it fills the room with incense bliss smell.

It's the closest thing I've seen to the legendary piff in over a decade.

View Image

where did you find those seeds?

G

growhigh1233

Barney's grinspoon, the genetics are a secret but I believe it to be an old skool dutch haze selection.

Here's an outdoor sample I just finished, it does just as well OD as it does ID. Amazing stuff, it fills the room with incense bliss smell.

This cut finishes in 70 days.

View Image

View Image

i can vouch for the grin ..........exceptional stuff, i found the low yielding grinspoon phenos to be the most potent

G

growhigh1233

I bought 2 10 packs about a year ago. As far as I know they are out of stock.

did you find any plants that resembled the pearl necklace pheno like in barneys pics ?

yours looks like a beauty ..........

G

growhigh1233

No I didn't find that pheno.

I had one freak indica pheno that was garbage, 2 ok sativa leaning type phenos with interconnected buds I didn't like those.

Then I found this pheno which is my keeper. My keeper cut dominates indoors, it grows huge swelled up long running sativa buds with almost no leaf, and killer resin.

I've had it for almost 2 years. If I can find pics of it indoors I'll post later.

cool man id love to see it.............. i found 3 Perl necklace phenos out of 7 seeds ....i must of just got lucky....the other 4 were tall sativas tho ..... i think i might get some more seeds now and look for that all bud pheno

G

growhigh1233

As far as I know Barney's has discontinued grinspoon. I emailed then a while back and they said they were working on a new version but didn't know when it would be released.

If you find seeds they'd be the old ones, getting hard to find these days.

I bought the last 2 packs at 2 different vendors when I got mine.

ohh i see, hope barney doesn't play around with the recipe..... i had my 10 pack of seeds in the fridge for a few years before popping them, so god knows how old they were

GUY-FAWKES

one of the best iv had recently was chimeras haze x ss ......... a chimera selected haze crossed to feminized pollen from the famous sweet skunk clone. rumoured to be an expectational nl5xhaze pheno

i believe in plants complimenting each other ............ and trust me....... these plants do

hmm .. this i like the sound off,how long did they take mateand did you come across any herms with these fems? , ive always been put off by long flowering sat fem in case they herm after 10 weeks but still has 4-6 weeks left

GUY-FAWKES

Barney's grinspoon, the genetics are a secret but I believe it to be an old skool dutch haze selection.

This cut finishes in 70 days.

View Image

View Image

that look banging mate ,70 days is rapid for a haze to, the best ones usually take 100 days plus

GUY-FAWKES

I disagree, the best Dutch hazes are hybrids and the best phenos finish between 70-80 days.

each to their own but for the head effect im after ive only found in longer bloomers mate.

ive had few quick hazes in both seed and clone and they just dont have that zing to them that the longer bloomers have, i have a 10 week ssh dom pheno of silver mountain that is has all the haze smell and taste with huge yeilds but effect wise its not got that electric zing im after although still quite potent 'hazey' effect

GUY-FAWKES

I smoked this outdoor grinspoon yesterday for the first time. It's incredibly potent, the sun works miracles on potency.

I'm not denying a pure haze or sativa in general that goes over 100 days isnt the champagne of cannabis. I just think the best phenos of dutch hazes are typically found in the 70 to 80 day range.

that i will agree with mate, no wattage can compare to good sun but i live in uk at 55 degrees so no chance of pulling that off here lol

. my fave herb to date was some pure santa marta columbian gold that taken early at 17 ish weeks (prob could of gone 20 but had to come down due to security issues )and looked like hay when ground up but was the closest thing to psychedelic cannabis ive had, that must have been a good 10 or more so year back, i was given the seed from marijuana matt breeder of crazy cross seeds.

god im getting old lol

S

sourpuss

If i was hunting for haze. Id buy every haze hybrid sams got on br. Original haze skunk? Little pheno hunting and some f2ing.. prob hit a winner there...

Not sure if he has told us what haze he runs but from his varieties haze is quite dominant and id suspect it to be one of the coveted clones discussed in this thread already..

Edit turns out his haze was the building block for things like nevilles haze and ssh and many other amazing hazey strains...

Happy Times

Moonshine Haze from Rare Dankness

It was a bit finicky to grow, had it outside and it seemed to prefer being in the shade a bit. But I like the smoke- hints of incense, musk and leather, and a high that I can dig daytime or night.