Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Freaking out! Did I Screw up?!

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Freaking out! Did I Screw up?! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM #1
ExploitedKernel

ExploitedKernel is on a distinguished road
Freaking out! Did I Screw up?!

Hey guys, So I just finally grew a nice looking plant and just harvested a week and half ago. I let the buds dry out for about a week, and they were basically done. So I put them in the jar 2 days ago to start curing and airing out once a day for an hour...

I woke up this morning and looked my jar and I found that the buds lost a bit of there colour and turned a bit browish. When I opened the jar I felt the buds still alittle wet.. maybe because some were still wet a bit. So I was freaking out and took them all out and layed them outside in the cold air, where they are right now. I will provide photos. They smell still dank and etc, but the colour has changed. If someone could help me out and let me know what I should do and if it's still ok.

The one photo with the purple is when I first put in the jar.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_145043.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	431849 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_145032_007.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	431850 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171010_141009.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	431851 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_145113.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	431852 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_145058.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	431853

ExploitedKernel is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 PM #2
maimunji

maimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nice
Open individual clusters and check for bud rot with strong led light like flash on phone on something simular. Pics isn't clear enough but I almous can see something mushy on pics with jar. Just check do you found bud rot through the grow.
maimunji is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 PM #3
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
It appears that they've begun to ferment.
If this is the case you can still use it but be damn sure they're not moldy before trying them.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM #4
Koondense

Koondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of light
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
As MjP said.
I would dry them for few days more, i once got moldy buds while curing in a jar too soon so be wise, use a good light and lens to inspect the buds and dry some more before jarring.

Good luck
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 09:19 PM #5
maimunji

maimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
As MjP said.
I would dry them for few days more, i once got moldy buds while curing in a jar too soon so be wise, use a good light and lens to inspect the buds and dry some more before jarring.

Good luck
Never seen botrytis growing in jars. This will be some other kind of mould. In my experience botritys grow always on living plant and stop spread after chop immediately. Once affected buds is dry I can put them in jar without future spread.
maimunji is online now Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 03:16 PM #6
Koondense

Koondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of light
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Yes, it was another mold, the plant was grown outdoors and had zero botrytis.
Koondense is offline Quote