What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 70w HPS Computer

weeweeman

hello eveyone :wave: i thought id share some pics on how i built my computer grow box. i had a thread back when OG was up when i built and grew a White Rhino in it. so without further due, on with the show.

hgl

holy crap dude!

This is a damn good looking setup you got there!

Are you gonna LST / scrog this lady?

And if you have picture of your last grow (if you even completted it?)... post picture of it with the harvest man!!!!

I don't know what's the best for something very Stealth and to be self sufisant than a well done computer grow like yours seems to be!

Nice job Weeweeman!

weeweeman

thanx hgl, that plant in the pic is from 2004 and smoked long ago, hehe :joint: yes she was LSTed

heres a few pics of the plant during flower, total yield came out to 21.5grams

WWM

Trev

i followed your grow on OG great to see you around bro. really love the setup, glad you safe.

G

Yep, nice to see you here. Former funkyBirdseed from OG. I've changed a little. lol

J

Jam Master Jaco

Wow dude very impressive for such a small scale grow. 3/4 of an ounce too! Good job. :wave:

0p0rat0r

That's hands down one of the nicest, cleanest, looking stealth computer setups I've ever seen. How is the bulb socket held in place? What are your ambient room temperatures like, and how much hotter is it inside the grow space? What has been your highest yield? Inspiring micro setup. :yoinks:

Mr_Micro

Once again, awesome grow Weeweeman! :D

I followed your thread on OG way back when too. It was one of the threads (along with Elephant's and a few others) that really inspired me to try my hand at micro growing. I had grown in larger spaces in a house basement with DWC buckets in the past but was pretty unsure about trying to grow now that I lived in an apartment with my fiance.

A couple years later and I'm finally giving PC Case growing (with a 70 watt HPS and SWC hydro) a try, and your one of the people I really have to thank for the inspiration. Good to see your still around and safe Weeweeman.

P.S. ---> I'd be curious to know what your temps were like too. Thats one of the things I've really been struggling with in my PC cases (they tend to go about 10 degrees or so above room temperature, which is about 75-80*F year round where I live). So needless to say my plants havn't been very happy in 85-93* temps.

Last edited:

pothead82

Woooooooooow
Very cool setup!!! I wanna do one just like that!!!
What strain(s) are you gonna use with this setup?? How long are going to veg your plants? are you going to scrog them??? Sorry for the bunc of questions but this setup is just so awesome that i wanna do one exactly the same!!
Best of luck for you!!!

G

trully the best pc case grow i've ever seen.great job containing the light inside,so you dont have a light show when it gets dark. is that a bulb with a built-in starter ?

weeweeman

wow so nice to see many that remember me and my little PC. im pleased to see you all too :wave:

Trev, nice to see you too.

sam fox, hey br0 nice to see you. i still remember your advart hehe.

0p0rat0r, the socket is mounted to the Power Supply Unit, which houses the ballast.room temperature ranges from 24-26c, inside the case stays pretty much the same temperature due to high rate of air exchange. the smaller 60mm fan was changed to a 80mm. best yield was a small 3 plant SOG style. they turned out single bud colas. it yield 23.5 grams. since them i ve only flowered plants in breeding projects for making seeds :smile:

Overdoze, the White Rhino was killer! :yoinks: was like medicine to relief my back pain.

Mr_Micro, perhaps look into getting some tempered glass shield. maybe just need faster cfm fans. hope you figure it out, keep me posted id like to know how you make out.

pothead82, like i sayin i dont use the box for flowering unless making seeds. as for the type of strain, i go with an indica type plant. i had a Bubble Gum, Blue Moonshine, Sour Bubble, and that White Rhino i use to grow in it. when i see that the plant is mature and hits 12-16" thats when i must flower them to keep height under control. ive nevered SCRoGed in the puter case. LST was easier to handle in such a small space.

dyren, thank you.

greg, the light came from a Regent Flood Light with the medium base socket. and to tell you the truth im not sure.

yooper13, yes its a real boot screen. i was using it with WindowBlind to alt the look of Windows XP.

id like to thank everyone for thier kind words, and comments. YOU GUYS ROCK! :woohoo:

heres a pic of a Blue Moonshine bud i grew in the case way back in the OG days.

5302Bluemoonshine-after_cue.JPG

WWM

pothead82

Nice looking bud WWM!! My next project is defenetly going to be a puter case grow... 2 female WW in a bad ass scrog!!!!
Good luck to you man

nice, i just set up my 70w grow and I have one blueberry plant going right now and im going to take a clone, move it out, and use cfl on it and flower it and if its female im going to take more clones and grow them out, what style of growing should i use for maximum yeild under an 70w hps. I was thinking a scrog.

Latest posts

Latest posts