What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats Grows Flood and Drain Coco - Purple Kush/Rainbow Jones

Goats

well hello again folks,

starting a new adventure and going to share it with you guys.

space - 4x4
lights 600w mh/hps
method - flood and drain
medium - coco
nutes - jacks 3:2:1

this will be my first time growing with a flood and drain system, so we'll see how things go.

it's been a rocky start, having lost 3/5 rj seeds, neglecting the clones for weeks at a time and getting thrips on everything. that combined with being busy with work and my partner and i both being in and out of town over the past month left things looking really haggard. we got everything out of the 'veg' area, which was really just a propagator with a t5 over it. i wasn't sure the plants would bounce back, but cannabis showed its resilience and after being sprayed a few times and moved into the tent under the mh, everyone is starting to look happy again. all the new growth is coming in looking healthy.

they were transplanted today and the seedlings were given their first real feeding, which was needed as the larger pheno was starting to show what i believe is an early n deficiency. going to give them a few days and then top them. i will also go in and clean up the pk clones as they're still a bit of a mess under the skirts, but i want them to recover from any possible transplant shock before i start hacking away.

group shot. front right is the rj1 and the back middle is the rj2. all of the rest are pk from clone. if you want to see a grow of the pk, check the link in my sig

picture.php

rj1

picture.php

rj2

picture.php

:tiphat:

Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Just realized you snuck this thread in on us! What made you switch from your DWC set up ? Seemed like you had it pretty dialed in. Looking forward to see how the coco stacks up to it.

Goats

Just realized you snuck this thread in on us! What made you switch from your DWC set up ? Seemed like you had it pretty dialed in. Looking forward to see how the coco stacks up to it.

hey paulie,
i have grown dwc a bunch of runs now and i definitely still enjoy it, but flood and drain is something i've been meaning to try for a while now so going for it this round.

to be honest, it's not even actually functioning properly right now. the stand the table sits in was built from 2x4s, super simple. however, the legs are too short and the reservoir doesn't quite fit under it. stoned math while measuring :biggrin: going to cut some longer ones this weekend and get the pump running. currently the plants are just being lowered into the reservoir once/day to simulate being flooded.

i went in and really cleaned up the pk cuts and started training them outward. the rj seedlings have both been topped and everything is fully recovered from transplant/topping and growing happily.

hopefully we can flip in 3 weeks or so.

i'll have more pictures sometime this weekend i am sure.

thenewstyle

yo goats!

ive seen some great results from the rainbow jones, sadly the one seed i had didnt germ otherwise id be growing her out too!

Goats

yo goats!

ive seen some great results from the rainbow jones, sadly the one seed i had didnt germ otherwise id be growing her out too!

newstyle, same here bud! after seeing a few grows i had to give it a go.

i should say, only having 2/5 seeds survive to seedlings is entirely our problem and nothing to do with connoisseur. they all popped and had tails in ~24 hrs (4/5 within 12 hrs). they were just rushed into rockwool and not properly cared for for too long.

excited to see what comes from these two though!

Goats

Oh snap! That thing must yield!!

here's hoping!

i like the look of the rj2. it took off after topping and the side branching is really strong. it's the bigger of the two now.

the rj1 has a poopy stem rub.

scrog going in soon.

anyways, boring veg picks

rj2
picture.php

rj1
picture.php

picture.php

one of pk clone
picture.php

picture.php

Goats

it's been a few weeks. plants are still vegging away.

plan was to add a scrog, but now i'm considering just letting them veg another week or so and then flipping as is. we'll see how i feel this weekend.

rainbow jones are the two middle plants.

picture.php

picture.php

Goats

dropped the screen into the tent a week ago today. sorry for the quality of this pic, it was taken in a hurry.

picture.php

here is how they looked today.

picture.php

they're starting to fill the screen. temps are a touch low so growth has been a bit slow, but the heater is going now.

tops are popping up from below.

picture.php

after some more training

picture.php

hopefully the screen fills up in the next week or two and we can flip and get the party started.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Yeah it does seem slow growth, considering its DWC esp. They looked pretty good 10 days ago already. Having to use a heater sucks, I rather just throw in more lights on. I can't remember where your room is in, a tent in your garage or?

Goats

Yeah it does seem slow growth, considering its DWC esp. They looked pretty good 10 days ago already. Having to use a heater sucks, I rather just throw in more lights on. I can't remember where your room is in, a tent in your garage or?

hey buddy, i am actually running flood and drain this round! but still, the growth has been slow. we grow in a garage so keeping it warm in the winter and cool in the summer are both struggles at times.

we only turned the heater on about a week ago and i set it to keep the room warmer yesterday while i was there.

question to anyone with experience or an opinion... fill the screen then flip, or fill it 90% and then tuck until full during stretch? first time scrogging :tiphat:

Goats

here we are today.

lots of tucking and snipping.

before
picture.php

after
picture.php

canopy
picture.php

flower in a week or so i think. :tiphat:

Goats

i had forgotten that i reached out to mammoth microbes like a month and a half ago and requested a sample.
it showed up today, along with some stickers and some king size papers.

shout out to mammoth. even if i don't think it's worth it at the end of this run, it was free and they clearly put some effort into the package.

this'll go into the res change this weekend. smells terrible!

picture.php

starke

Looking good. I'd like to hear your impression of the Mammoth P when done. I received a free sample from them a year ago but somehow lost it when we moved to our new house.