Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2017, 05:46 AM #1
CanadaDank

CanadaDank will become famous soon enoughCanadaDank will become famous soon enough
Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan

After much research and talking to the right people, it would seem the commonly agreed story of the history of Romulan is incorrect for two main reasons.
First Reason:
The story goes that Mendo Joe bred Romulan and eventually moved to Vancouver Island where he switched names where he went by the name Romulan Joe. This can not be correct. The biggest reason for this is Mendo Joe was an older dude who was part of Sacred Seeds and was breeding Skunk and Rom in the late 70ís. Letís pretend he was 20 when he was doing this breeding (he was probably older as he was a gifted breeder who prob had a fair bit of experience at that point with the plant). If he was 20 in 1979 when Romulan was bred (Iíve also read 1971 but I tend to agree with 79) then he would be 58 years old. This is a lowball.
The real Romulan Joe is a young guy, prob in his late 30ís to early 40ís. My friend met Rom Joe through Mark Emery in the 2000ís I believe and he said him and Rom Joe were around the same age. My friend is in his late 30ís to early 40ís although I forget the exact year. The ages of those two Joes are at least 20 years apart, but prob closer to 30. I know Vancouver Island is a nice place but you donít lose 20-30 years when you move there! I have also heard rumour that Mendo Joe is dead although I havenít been able to confirm that. Rom Joe is definitely alive and well though. The age gap between these two guys is the first reason.
Second Reason:
I have a group of buddies throughout Canada and we all chat together quite frequently. We are the only group I know of that has both the original Canadian Romulan cut (the one Reeferman, TGA Subcool and Mark Emery hold) as well as the original American cut. From seeing them both and hearing about their terp profiles, it would appear almost for sure that they are different plants. The Canadian Romulan has very skinny leaves and grows little tiny buds while the American does have somewhat skinny leaves it grows more like an Afghani with fatter buds. I think the biggest differentiation is in the terp profile.
Folks say the Mendo Joe Romulan smells like blueberries and pineapple amongst other things; the Romulan Joe Romulan is said to be more spicy and peppery without those fruity notes the American is known for. This is the second reason.
Friends of mine will be doing a side by side grow of both plants to see once and for all whether they are the same or different. Based on the above info I fully expect them to be different but the proof is in the pudding. When that has happened I will report back with side by side grow shots to show the necessary proof as well as reviews of each one.
If anyone has an opinion on this matter I would be very interested in hearing it, especially any current information about Mendo Joeís whereabouts.
If you agree or disagree, thatís cool. Letís just try to keep things civil because Iíve seen people get pretty pissed off when their version of events comes into question regarding big name cuts like these.
CanadaDank is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:01 PM #2
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really nice
I recall hearing awhile back that there were two romulans in Canada, not sure if this relates to American and Canadian, one is the peppery one you speak of and the other is grape romulan. If memory serves me right Reeferman had grape romulan as well, but I cannot recall about the pepper romulan. Since his forums aren't around I have to try and remember from memory what was said so I could be way off, but I believe the grape romulan was more indica in effect vs the peppery more sativa in effect, I've only had the pepper romulan in the mid-late 2000's and I found it to be body can get stuck but not couchlock, mind goes but very stony and easy to get lost in thoughts forgetting what is going on or talking about.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM #3
CanadaDank

CanadaDank will become famous soon enoughCanadaDank will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeygreen View Post
I recall hearing awhile back that there were two romulans in Canada, not sure if this relates to American and Canadian, one is the peppery one you speak of and the other is grape romulan. If memory serves me right Reeferman had grape romulan as well, but I cannot recall about the pepper romulan. Since his forums aren't around I have to try and remember from memory what was said so I could be way off, but I believe the grape romulan was more indica in effect vs the peppery more sativa in effect, I've only had the pepper romulan in the mid-late 2000's and I found it to be body can get stuck but not couchlock, mind goes but very stony and easy to get lost in thoughts forgetting what is going on or talking about.
Nice man! The grapey one is indeed a Reeferman cross, Grape Romulan. Neither of those are related to the American Romulan tho. It would seem Grape Romulan is what OG Raskalbred with to make White Romulan although I canít verify that.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:58 PM #4
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the rough
I'd say the real thing to consider with romulan is federation, and next generations seed version.

How can you sort or verify anything that hasn't been seen in decades. I've been trolling internet cannabis forms since the early 2000s I've never seen anyone show the real deal romulan, same goes for g13. I have never seen a verified image of g13.
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 04:01 PM #5
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the rough
I think most of these strains are becoming nothing more than folklore at this point.
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 04:26 PM #6
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant future
Nice place? Nice?

"Oh, she was a 'nice' girl, we just didn't jive."

I'll remember that.

Poked a few people, maybe they'll chime in. I have no idea personally, not much of a head for lore.
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:28 PM #7
CanadaDank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
I'd say the real thing to consider with romulan is federation, and next generations seed version.

How can you sort or verify anything that hasn't been seen in decades. I've been trolling internet cannabis forms since the early 2000s I've never seen anyone show the real deal romulan, same goes for g13. I have never seen a verified image of g13.
Because the right people have verified them. Both cuts are very legit.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:34 PM #8
CanadaDank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Nice place? Nice?

"Oh, she was a 'nice' girl, we just didn't jive."

I'll remember that.

Poked a few people, maybe they'll chime in. I have no idea personally, not much of a head for lore.
Lol
Yeah heís already gotten a hold of me. A couple things I got wrong that he corrected me on.
1. Marc Emery does grow or hold cuts.
2. Reeferman never had the real Romulan cutting. Must be some Federation version. Who knows.

He also wanted me to post this link from cworld that should help clear some stuff up.

https://cannabisworld.com/index.php?topic=17203.0

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:37 PM #9
CanadaDank

Man I wish you could edit posts on here. Mark Emery DOESN’T grow or hold cuts.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 PM #10
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant future
I think you can edit now that you've made 50 posts.

I think the only thing Emery is concerned with holding on to is his property.
Mikell is offline Quote