Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Test Grows > Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

Thread Title Search
Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 07:05 AM #1
CrossBones

CrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really nice
Talking Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

Documenting a tester grow of Afropips Durban Poison Repro Seeds from DC's Garden
CrossBones is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:08 AM #2
CrossBones

CrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really niceCrossBones is just really nice
It begins.. I'll be starting with 4 seeds.. and work em in as space allows..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:11 AM #3
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivor
Aww yeah, front row
ReikoX is online now Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 08:56 AM #4
CrossBones

Can't sit back and just watch, Get your own thread going

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:27 PM #5
djimb

djimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nice
I'm in! I'll get my thread up this winter!
djimb is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 03:17 PM #6
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivorReikoX is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
Can't sit back and just watch, Get your own thread going
Mine will get started around the new year. I got antsy and started the Ancestral Skunk#1.
ReikoX is online now Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 07:01 PM #7
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond repute
Awww yeah babby! I can't wait to see these plants in action everyone. Good times ahead for you Crossbones. Ill sub and follow along and offer any advice I can to help keep your babies happy and healthy.

Please post up what your medium and nutes are when you get a chance. Im real interested in your methods for growing them
Dave Coulier is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 12:58 PM #8
CrossBones

Quote:
Originally Posted by djimb View Post
I'm in! I'll get my thread up this winter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post
Mine will get started around the new year. I got antsy and started the Ancestral Skunk#1.
Trust me, I understand completely... Myself, I gave up on this coming to fruition long ago.. I'll try and provide a bit of alternative entertainment till your up and growing.

Concluded - Afropips Durban Poison Repro Test Grow - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346192

Old 09-28-2017, 02:12 PM #9
CrossBones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coulier View Post
Awww yeah babby! I can't wait to see these plants in action everyone. Good times ahead for you Crossbones. Ill sub and follow along and offer any advice I can to help keep your babies happy and healthy.

Please post up what your medium and nutes are when you get a chance. Im real interested in your methods for growing them
Thanks Dave, now for the hardest part of this grow.. the mix. Gotta dump in a bit of this and that, and ends up usually with whatever's on hand, right? Well since this is a test, I'm trying a few new admendments.

Pro Mix BX Mycorrhizae

Admendents not neccessarily in order -

Optisorb
Earthworm Castings
BioChar
Organic Nitrogen Fertilzer
Seed Starting Potting Mix
Osmocote
Hydroguard

then every once in a while during the grow a dash of Dyna-Gro or Bloom when in season, or re-upping the hydroguard count.
Other than that and normal watering, I'm pretty much hands off, I like to let the plant do most of the work and let the pics do the talking. I uploaded them to my Afropips Test Grow album with descriptions of how I'm using them. and also to try keep this from being a way too many not needed images heavy thread.

Link to test grow album - https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74696

But I do need to show 2, so here ya go, After a 28 hour soak, three sunk, and fingers crossed, "miss floaty" was put in the peat pot below to get a little extra water.

-- Seeds in holes, clear pots are from the Walmart deli counter, evidently I need to stop by and get a another pound of buffalo wings sometime, Only had three.

Broke out the wicking tray, had one peat pot left. might as well use it up.

Concluded - Afropips Durban Poison Repro Test Grow - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346192

Last edited by CrossBones; 09-29-2017 at 12:47 PM..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:15 AM #10
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond reputeDave Coulier has a reputation beyond repute
Promix Bx w/ Myco is a mix Ive used before and it performs well. Dont forget its only got a starter charge, so you'll need to add additional amendments or WSF throughout the life of the plants.

Optisorb is excellent. I recommend adding it in at 7.5%-10% by volume if you use the Biochar too. When I use Biochar, I use it at 5% by Volume, and then about another 10% by volume of Optisorb. Using both or even one will allow your ladies to go longer without needing watering. They're essentially all natural versions of water crystals.

I have Earthworm castings too, but Ive never gotten around to using it at all, so I can't give you any tips on it .

Mind telling me what your NPK is of the Osmocote, and the release period of it? I use 5grams of Osmocote/per gallon of media(NPK is 15-9-12 I think with a 5-6 month release since Im mostly growing long flowering Sats.

Good luck from here on out. Ill be following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
Thanks Dave, now for the hardest part of this grow.. the mix. Gotta dump in a bit of this and that, and ends up usually with whatever's on hand, right? Well since this is a test, I'm trying a few new admendments. View Image

Pro Mix BX Mycorrhizae

Admendents not neccessarily in order -

Optisorb
Earthworm Castings
BioChar
Organic Nitrogen Fertilzer
Seed Starting Potting Mix
Osmocote
Hydroguard

then every once in a while during the grow a dash of Dyna-Gro or Bloom when in season, or re-upping the hydroguard count.
Other than that and normal watering, I'm pretty much hands off, I like to let the plant do most of the work and let the pics do the talking. I uploaded them to my Afropips album with descriptions of how I'm using them. and also to try keep this from being a way too many not needed images heavy thread.

Link to album - https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74696

But I do need to show 2, so here ya go, After a 28 hour soak, three sunk, and fingers crossed, "miss floaty" was put in the peat pot below to get a little extra water.

-- Seeds in holes, clear pots are from the Walmart deli counter, evidently I need to stop by and get a another pound of buffalo wings sometime, Only had three.

View Image

Broke out the wicking tray, had one peat pot left. might as well use it up.

View Image
Dave Coulier is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.