What's new

Bricks of Mexican and supposition

Gry

Veteran
Grand father was an old md who worked for uncle sam at san antonio.
He retired to port manifield when it was a real small place.
I figure it is much like any other small town now, but when it first came to be, it was peeled off of king ranch and one needed to be somewhat connected to get in there.
I can recall a snippet of a conversation I over heard around 1964 between my grandfather and a buddy of his who was a retired major. He had married into the family behind the ranch.
They were speaking about money making opportunities, and cannabis was mentioned and I can recall the major saying plainly, that it " was run by the mexican oil company'.
A few years back, I was reading about the paper clip era and it was stated that Allan Dulles favored place to "stash" paperclip people he wanted to keep near at hand, was the mexican oil company.
I bought canna from there for years, quality was good and very even and it remained so for over 20 years.
I am left wondering how much if any influence those 'stashed' paperclip personal may have had to do with
the kilos produced with such well organised efficiency.
Edwin Pauley was supposedly the source of introductions who had the connections to make it workable.

Last edited: