What's new

First Time LED grow with URSA Optilux

Guy Manwich

Here's the lowdown:
Using 4 URSA Optilux COBs over a mix of strains. Got Cactido, Nitro Cookies, Gum Drops, Green Crack, and Diamond OG. This is my first time using led lighting. I was a diehard MH/HPS grower for years so this has been a bit of a learning experience.

Anyways I grow in an organic soil mix, top dress with insect frass/EWC, feed compost teas weekly to bi-weekly, and supplement feedings with few of the earth juice line, terpinator, and nirvana.

Pics are from last weekend at the beginning of week 3 of flower.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_9971.jpg
    IMG_9971.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9959.jpg
    IMG_9959.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9963.jpg
    IMG_9963.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9966.jpg
    IMG_9966.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9964.jpg
    IMG_9964.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 21

Guy Manwich

Here are some pics from day 33 of flower. So far I'm still liking the new Optilux lights even though electricity bill and temps have increased.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9999.jpg
    IMG_9999.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG 0941
    IMG 0941
    69 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18

starke

Are you running the full spectrum Optilux models or one of the other frequency combos they offer?

A fellow Optilux user.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it's URSA they are full spectrum and a bit too strong which will cause a whole host of random issues. Have to cover the middle four lights a bit until full bloom.

Surprised to hear your power and heat go up though? How much?

Guy Manwich

Increased temps 5-10 degrees and electricity by 50-100. Rates did just go up though.
I haven't seen too many issues with the lights. They took about two weeks to adjust to the intensity. I kept the canopy about 48inches to 60inches below the lights.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you notice really stretchy growth as result? That is what I noticed with my too strong gavitas. You could raise and they would recover but you screwed the plants growth structurally. I think foil taping the middle 4 or covering is 100% the way to go as it fixed the other guys grow without hurting structure which in turn hurts yield. I still haven't plugged mine in as a result fo this but will be doing so soon.

Edit: one more question. were your previous lights air cooled and vented out of the room? And if so is the room still being vented out.

Guy Manwich

Edit: one more question. were your previous lights air cooled and vented out of the room? And if so is the room still being vented out.

Yes they were, cold air taken in from other room and exhausted outside. And a separate fan venting out into the ceiling. I had to increase the fan size when I switched to the optilux.

knuckles

Veteran
Increased temps 5-10 degrees and electricity by 50-100. Rates did just go up though.
I haven't seen too many issues with the lights. They took about two weeks to adjust to the intensity. I kept the canopy about 48inches to 60inches below the lights.

Obviously you have increased your total watts,what were you running before compared to now?

Latest posts

Latest posts