What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hurricane Irma, Category 5 and heading for Florida!..BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks to be the biggest ever recorded hurricane coming out of the Atlantic with winds approaching 360kph at the moment, and it's just about to smash into Puerto Rico.

Are any of our members in its path?

If so let us know whats happening.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
185mph winds aren't a joke. Good luck pulling through this one. Mandatory evacuation of the Florida Keys underway now.

brown_thumb

That hurricane is going straight up Florida; like a catheter. :whee:

...and it's going to dump a LOT of pee on the poor folks in the southeast.:badday:

I wish the best for those in Irma's path. I don't intend to transfer my problems to others but I hope the storm stays far to the east. Harvey didn't do much damage in my immediate area other than killing 80 pricey seedlings I started. Since I have no property insurance and I live on a very meager disability income, significant damage here could be devastating.

Satyros

Not in Florida, but I am in its likely path. The little one we got last year was enough to flood the basement and destroy our furnace...Irma is a beast of a different stripe. Don't play around with it.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
me sisters on holiday in florida with her family ,,due to fly back on monday ,,i doubt she will be :(

she don't have much luck with hurricanes ,,she got married in dominican republic and 1 struck there too :(

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
me sisters on holiday in florida with her family ,,due to fly back on monday ,,i doubt she will be :(

she don't have much luck with hurricanes ,,she got married in dominican republic and 1 struck there too :(

4 words
rental
car
head
north

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Good luck everybody in the path and I'm hopeful tropical storm Jose isn't upgraded to a hurricane, cause he's right behind Irma. It's already gonna be a 1-2 punch.:underwater:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good luck everybody in the path and I'm hopeful tropical storm Jose isn't upgraded to a hurricane, cause he's right behind Irma. It's already gonna be a 1-2 punch.:underwater:

Storm Jose just been upgraded to hurricane....
Best of luck to all affected.

Buckeyebandit

sitting here waiting to see what gives. i know all goods are going fast in stores, interstates in back up mode. as of now the plan is to ride it out

Floridian

Veteran
All bottled water and gasoline a short term memory now,people are taking this one ultra serious and they should.The most damaging part of a hurricane is always the eastern or right side of the storm,if it goes up the east coast like it's predicted to at this point the gulf side will be spared the brunt.I feel terrible for the folks in Miami and the Keys there is no escaping it except for a totally unexpected change in course.I have a really lousy feeling about this one and I'm usually upbeat this time of year,Tampa has been so lucky for so many years.If it were to jog Westerdly after skirting the islands it could actually come straight up the bay which would be such a fuckin nightmare.I just upgraded my little hacienda by about 30 grand after taking care of mama in her house and making sure her trip would be about as pleasant as it could be..Her house is big and sturdy mine is 1/3rd the size and not so strong lol.I have hope for people, this could be a worst scene gig

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
,,we used to have storm parties in the keys..only rich and Tourisit's left... good luck..yeehaw