What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver Haze vs. Super Silver Haze

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wanna know if Sensi's Silver Haze is a parent or related to MNS or GH Super Silver Haze and what Silver Pearl could probably have to do with it. Please let the knowledge flow!
Recent experiences with any of these (including Silver Haze #9) are also very welcome.

Edit: Ok, obviously I didn't search deep enough on IC for Silver Haze, I found a thread where its been discussed nearly to death. It's here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=171879

Though, still it remains a littly "hazy" around the lineage of these few. So you can always add something new to the record, grow experiences, whatever.

Last edited:

bestothebest

Im fairly sure sensi seeds has decayed like some of the other older breeders. I dont know if their silver haze is still good, but if you want to buy one, I would go with the MNS SSH

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes
definitely stick with MR Nice seeds no contest

peace

bestothebest

Genetics of Silver haze is NL5 x HazeC. SSH is (NL5 x HazeC) x (Skunk #1 x HazeC).
I am fairly sure of this, based on the MNS forum.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanna believe but evidence strikes back. Morphote had grown some SSH from MNS and said he had several keepers. From their looks I would none of them call a keeper. Its here:

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/223258-post199.html

I'm rather turned on by some of the following ones, its a cross with another plant called sweet blue and its from 10 years ago but these look like i think a nice haze hybrid should (in my world). You eat with your eyes first...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62502

If anybody has newer or better pictures of MNS, Sensi or GH Hazes, please let them come.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I wanna believe but evidence strikes back. Morphote had grown some SSH from MNS and said he had several keepers. From their looks I would none of them call a keeper. Its here:

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/223258-post199.html

I'm rather turned on by some of the following ones, its a cross with another plant called sweet blue and its from 10 years ago but these look like i think a nice haze hybrid should (in my world). You eat with your eyes first...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62502

If anybody has newer or better pictures of MNS, Sensi or GH Hazes, please let them come.

G `day GB

Morphie`s keepers look like they needed another month flower before chop . I see so many red hairs ; I think early harvest .

SSH is a pheno hunt expedition .
Nevil said there were a lot of substandard plants in the batch he found his cup winner within .

Tried some @ Coffee Shop Tref in Rotterdam I was impressed .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I agree with bestothebest^ Silver Haze from Dutch Passion has NL5 and Haze listed as parents. Super Silver Haze is Skunk, NL, and Haze. Silver Pearl is a Super Silver Haze and Early Pearl cross.

highsteppa

Veteran
I thought silver haze was early pearl/skunk x nl on one side and haze on the other.

What I do know is that I haven't smoked or smelled a ssh that's anything like silver haze. I grow a 12 wk silver haze and a faster s1 off it. Early 90's stock. The 97 greenhouse ssh I'm growing now is vastly different to the silver s1 next to it.

My understanding is that nl/haze and silver haze were offered at the same time from sensi, before ssh or jack herer.

highsteppa

Veteran
sensi 1996 catalog

sensi 1996 catalog

Silver Pearl

(Indoor/Greenhouse)
(Cup Winner Indica/Sativa mix 94)
The mother of our famous Silver Haze now for sale as a separate strain! This 3 way hybrid contains Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Shiva Skunk. Excellent indoor and greenhouse results. Plants exhibit frosted resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl/Skunk. One of our favourites and in 1994 the winner of the mixed Indica/Sativa category.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 100-125 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Finishing date in greenhouse: end of Sept.
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Art.nr.2303 - fl.125.00

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ambertrichome post up some pics as ive checked the website and they dont even have pictures of the strain they sell as NL5 Haze ?

peace

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Highsteppa, I wanna see your Silver haze, also the S1 and the ssh. Could you post or pm some?

highsteppa

Veteran
Ssh to the left, silver haze S1 to the right. The silver s1 is very mild resistant. The ssh is the "old sog" cut, a 55-60 day plant.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 108

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we still have mr nice seeds from 10+yrs ago ssh, mango... we have tried numerous grows to find something special... the results...nothing... and his seeds were not cheap...in our experience his seeds are a waste of $$$

~star~crash~

i was able to find a monumental SSH in 1999 Mr. Nice seed pack i have pics ... the phenos were far and wide in the pack ...lol...but what i found and kept was amazing...

MrBungle

I don't have much to add except that, I feel very fortunate to have a pheno of SSH from the early 2000's, when Greenhouse was winning all the awards with it...

I don't know much about Mr Nice SSH or any of the others... All I know is the old greenhouse vids talking about it, made it seem like its the most stable an easiest strain ever to grow. But when ever I see a thread pop up there is always controversy and no one can ever find the holy grail pheno....

Well I don't know if mine is the holy grail, but I like it enough to have kept it around for nearly a decade... it has all the markers that have been described by the SSH fanatics, such as sweet flowery taste, great yield, and smoke smelling of incense....

The only thing I think fans of SSH look for is a little higher Sativa content like a 70/30 sativa/indica, and I'd say mine is closer to a 60/40

I guess you're right about the Sensi Seeds version. Greenhouse Seeds sells their Diamond Girl, which they say is " Skunk x NL x Haze x Early Pearl. AKA Silver Pearl."

"Diamond Girl is a classic from the Green House Coffeeshop menu, now available in seed form, previously known as silver pearl."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts