What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To repot her or not?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Wanting to know if she should be repotted to bigger bucket or if she's fine to finish flowering in the 1 1/2 litter pot she's in now?

She's around 2 weeks flower now. In fox farm ocean forest.
picture.php

she's in one of these, but she's getting big and just started flowering don't want her to outgrow what she's in now.
picture.php

MrBungle

if you cut away the pop bottle, as to not disturb the roots much, I don't see why not.. Just be careful with the root ball when transferring to new container

XXX_710

You should get some smart pots. Or regular pots..

Anyways, you could probably finish it in what it's in. However, if it has been in that pot for awhile, it would most definitely benefit from more legroom. I prefer to repot a week or more before they enter bloom. This gives the plant time to get its roots stretched out. Repotting will stimulate new growth.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yes def transplant into a larger pot. You will be rewarded with a larger yield.

And whoever said not to disturb the roots, I have to disagree. Rule of thumb is, when transplanting, ruffle the roots up a bit so the plant does not go into the new pot and just keep growing roots in the shape of the old pot.

The smaller the root system, the less disturbing the root. Your plant would benefit from some root ruffling and a bigger pot.

Nice plant by the way.