What's new

A question for SAM SKUNKMAN

bestothebest

I have seen the Breeders retail "Ancestral Skunk #1" which they say is from your old stock. I was wondering what year these are from, and if you can provide any more info about them. (rate of non-sweet skunk smelling plants, etc...)
If you happen to see this please respond

mack 10

Veteran
Already answered these q's.
Check Breeders Retail threads on "Ancient skunk"
These are from early 90's I think.
60% sweet
40% skunk.
Where very rough estimates from someone who just grew some.

Drewsif

Where did all this sweet bs come from anyway. Funny how Cannabis evolved into a commercial product for people who don't like the smell of Cannabis.

Im just going to quit smoking, these chocolate cardboard robot fart flavors of today's available weed are just disgusting. Taste is EVERYTHING and most of whats available to smoke taste like toothpaste.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
From alchimia blog on strain history:

"Nowadays, we find two main Skunk#1 variations: on one hand, we have Sam Skunkman’s “Sweet Skunk“, a mostly Sativa genetics with sweet, refined aromas and a very pleasant effect. On the other hand, the “Roadkill Skunk” – developed by Neville, who is currently working with Mr. Nice Seedbank – is an Afghani dominant Skunk line, with very intense aroma and a more relaxing effect."

Here is the link to the article:
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/origins-skunk/

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Where did all this sweet bs come from anyway. Funny how Cannabis evolved into a commercial product for people who don't like the smell of Cannabis. ....

Sam didn't like the smell, he did that on purpose.

he explains it here about 37 minutes into the video why he removed the dank part.

[YOUTUBEIF]2bJB63OBDb8[/YOUTUBEIF]

if you are looking for the skunkiest weed out there get the Sour Dubb clone.

picture.php

everyone old like me that I smoke it with here on the east coast says RKS when they smell it.

Dankwolf

Sam didn't like the smell, he did that on purpose.

he explains it here about 37 minutes into the video why he removed the dank part.

[YOUTUBEIF]2bJB63OBDb8[/YOUTUBEIF]

if you are looking for the skunkiest weed out there get the Sour Dubb clone.

View Image

everyone old like me that I smoke it with here on the east coast says RKS when they smell it.

Sounds good were do I get it lol :tiphat:.

Agreed on me nice genetics .

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Yes, i think in this instance it got sweeter since sam preferred the effects from the sweeter types. But in general, in the wider canna genetic pool, we lost the skunky, stinky stuff due to prohibition. growers passing on skunky strains out of fear of getting busted rather than consumer preferences.