Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 07:37 AM #1
FrozenFire

FrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to all
Exclamation New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

New light setup, new release of c99 and my trusty 18 gallon dwc buckets, this is going to be awesome! Here's a picture of what I've got in the tent:

So back row is c99 #4 on the left and c99 #3 on the right. Front row is c99 #5 on the left and tangerine kush on the right. All the c99 are from seed and tangerine kush was a clone turned bonsai mom that is getting bloomed.

Setup:
Grow tent- 2' 6" deep by 4' wide by 7' tall
Light- 630w DE CMH with 4200k bulb running at 700w. I will switch to a 3kr bulb for bloom shortly.
Grow media: hydroton that's over a year old
Grow style: dwc bubbleponics
Training- topping, lst, lollypopping, and a bit of leaf plucking. I'll be the first to admit I am mean to my plants. I'm pretty sure they will keep growing

This should be a fun grow! Pull up a chair, roll a fattie or pack a bowl, and enjoy this episode of what's in my tent! Got a question about what I am doing, why I'm doing it, or anything else you are curious about, ask away. I'm always game to discuss grow methods, plant science, help fellow growers with questions, plant strains worth growing, grow tech, nutrients and anything I'm doing that can be done better

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 27 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344873

Last edited by FrozenFire; 08-10-2017 at 08:10 AM..
FrozenFire is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:35 AM #2
benjuanman

benjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nicebenjuanman is just really nice
Front row seats sweet!! Should be great can definitely see the potential. Peace

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....89#post5348889
Z99 Test Grow Down Under(incomplete)
benjuanman is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 04:20 PM #3
TheBlaze

TheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud of
Subbed

Looking forward to seeing how they progress.
TheBlaze is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 04:30 PM #4
FakeSunGrower

FakeSunGrower will become famous soon enoughFakeSunGrower will become famous soon enough
I'm in for the ride , FSG.
FakeSunGrower is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 PM #5
Goats

Goats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of lightGoats is a glorious beacon of light
always nice to see a dwc grow. what are you using for nutes?
Goats is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 05:52 PM #6
Mogli

Mogli will become famous soon enoughMogli will become famous soon enough
nice looking good
Mogli is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 06:02 PM #7
Junk

Junk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFire View Post
18 gallon dwc buckets,
Come again!??! Wow... I run out of height with 5 gallon.

Every c99 I've seen has a "look" to them. Pulling up a chair.
Junk is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 06:21 PM #8
Cantbuymeloveuh

Cantbuymeloveuh is on a distinguished road
Why are you calling the cindys #4 and 5, is this the seed number you gave them when popping them?
Cantbuymeloveuh is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 09:12 PM #9
FrozenFire

FrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to allFrozenFire is a name known to all
Goats:
My base nutrient is powdered maxibloom. For dwc it is by far my favorite. I use it from the first feeding of seedlings to just before I start flushing. It's cheap and very effective. I ran a test grow with just maxibloom, cal mag, and orca 2 grows ago and it will make you rethink his much of a difference bloom boosters and additives make. That being said I am using up what I have left of the bottles of bud igniter, big bud, and nirvana. I run those at 1/2 strength the weeks calls for on the bottles. Veg through bloom maxibloom, botanicare cal mag plus, and orca. If you run bennies give orca a try.

Junk:
18 gallon rubber maid totes are almost identical in height as 5 gallon buckets. The larger resivoir is a huge advantage if you aren't chaining your buckets together. The larger resivors slow down ph drift, allow for more nutes available to the plants which helps with deficiency and lockout issues, and the resivors don't heat up as fast with lights on. So with a 5 gallon bucket you get roughly 3 gallons of solution vs 15 gallons of solution... even at the height of bloom I only have to add water to resivors 2 times a week. Only down side is res changes when needed are a bitch.

Cantbuymeloveuh:
You are correct. Plant names are seed numbers in order they poked their heads above ground. 1 and 2 were males, and 6 didn't sprout. So 6 seeds planted and 3 healthy females to play with. I like them odds��

Everyone:
Thanks for stopping by and showing your support. My goal here is to see what c99 is all about. This grow is also an experimental one with the DE CMH lighting. Last run with tangerine kush was under a 1000w DE hps dimmed to 750. She gave up 17.31 oz in the 2x4 tent with a single plant scrog. So the single tangerine kush plant is my control plant in this experiment. I will have notes on noted differences as the grow develops.

So far the new light is giving me some killer inter nodal spacing on the c99. The tangerine kush is a stretchy lanky beast under anything I have grown her under(600w se how, 600w DE how, and 750w DE hps for bloom and 400w mh veg). So far she is still a little lanky but not as bad as usual.

I will be changing light cycles tonight. Going to 12/12. I will be switching to the 3kr bulb as well. The bulb has an awesome spectrum, very high cri, and great umol output per watts used. This is going to be awesome.

In the interest of full disclosure the bulbs (4200k and 3kr) and ballast (630w low frequency square wave) were provided to me by the distributor. This is a test grow and I'm what you would call a mad botanist and I love experiments. More info on the setup will be available if anyone is interested. I will warn y'all as this is new tech, I'm only allowed to share what I am allowed to. This is super exciting!!!

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 27 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344873
FrozenFire is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:30 PM #10
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Let me roll up a fatty for this...

OK, on my bucket

What is your ventilation setup? AC? CO2?
ReikoX is online now Quote