What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New tent - multiple strains

:biggrin:
This will be my second grow diary - third run, but first in a good set up.
First runs were in a closet using 3-300w mars hydros. Shitty setup but I grew some bomb and learned a bunch - here is a collection of some buds I grew in that shitty set up:

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

chernobyl.jpg

Okay enough with that, alright to be honest I could never get enough of that!
Well, onto the new and better:

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8515.jpg

here is my new setup! Super excited about this - each 300w mars hydro was only 2000lumens - my one 600w hps is 90k lumens! What a huge difference, Also I will be venting the hot air out the window, a huge improvement - I just vented in my room before and it sucked.

Strains:
meatbreath from thugpug genetics;
dosidos from archive;
aloha grape stomper from ggg;
my thc bomb bagseed I want to name roadkill or skunk bomb because it smells like a dead skunks asshole;
I and black berry cream from exotic genetics.

I am experiencing a few minor issues - I would really appreciate some help from those more experienced then me.
When I brought the girls inside I transplanted them into 5 gallons (from 2) I put a little bit too much water so they have curled leaves for a few days but today that seems to have cleared up as I have let the pots get nice and dry. Now I have noticed the stems are turning purple. On more then one strain - all of them. I also noticed the new growth looks a little yellow. The stems have always been this nice lime green color and the new growth has always looked nice and green. I believe this to be a N deficiency but not sure.
I will post some pics. Also the girls were sprouting some small buds - just pistils you can see in the picture - I thought it wise to veg them out for a bit to fill out those 5 gallons. I think this may be a bad idea - idk with the purple stems should I flip and give bloom? Or should I veg a little longer and give grow - and cal/mag with N? (all earth juice in OO#4 soil).

Thanks for any help I can get - I thought the transition indoors would go a lot smoother but that isn't the case.
I want to get a full indoor run next time and try to keep the stems nice and green.

I am thinking it may be the bulb - I am just using what came with the ballast and hood and it is only 50k lumens however the hps bulb is 90k.

IMG_8520.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

IMG_8524.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple stem can sometimes be caused by stress, environment or pH problems.

Goats

Dosido and anything from thug pug ate on my list. I'll be watching this thread for sure ☺

Dosido and anything from thug pug ate on my list. I'll be watching this thread for sure ☺
I have a bunch of dosi outside atm - man she looks and smells incredible! She is super early into flower but man she smells good.
Very fun to watch grow at the peak of the day her foliage is shooting straight up into the air reaching to the sky!

haha take a look:

IMG_8567.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

View attachment

I am going to have to go and take some cuts of her man she is gorgeous - and a fast grower - the other cookies cut I have just sucks at veg growth lol - I am going to have to keep this dosi around I believe it is the nor-cal cut not sure though.

So using my best judgment I switched to the hps and man they perked up almost instantly. They were already into flower but just barely sprouting pistils. The tent got a little hotter I had the ballast set to "super-lumen" - maybe I will use that early in the morning.

I am going to have to water soon - I let the pots get really nice and light. That is key.

Here are some pics I took:

the tent:
IMG_8545.jpg

meatbreath:
IMG_8552.jpg

skunk bomb/roadkill:
IMG_8547.jpg

aloha grape stomper:
IMG_8553.jpg

dosi:
IMG_8549.jpg

The over water droopy look is completely gone - I am going to give a mixture of both grow and bloom this next feeding and hopefully that clears up the purple stems. I will also get k, catalyst, micro, high brix, and some cal/mag - which reminds me I need to get some.

thought I'd show off my jalapenos they are SOOO spicy! My girl and I both tried one and I swear these are the hottest jalapenos I have EVER had - they literally singe your lips lol - if you let a little piece tought your lips it will feel like a red hot iron seered it!

IMG_8560.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg

lol this is how it all started - this was my first grow ever! It is a dreamqueen and a chernobyl (both from dark hearts) and a bagseed from a cookies nug

13702938_1641988289451624_2077031843_n.jpg

they came out pretty good actually:

here is the chernobyl:
chernobyl.jpg
here is the bagseed:
IMG_5614.jpg
I can't find any pics of dq :( it came out smelling like mangos - dank

update

update

Already getting frosty in here!
They look like they are about to start stacking pretty heavy - can't wait for the show!

Also, Looks like the new growth is back to lime green - I think the change was traumatic to them and gave the purple stems - crazy you can see like a sedimentary rock, the layer of lime green, layer of purple, and layer of lime green - almost even with all the plants.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the meatbreath with crazy foliage:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

looks like I was giving a little too much grow when they started to bloom I didn't know since they were outside, I have never grown outside so my ignorance bit me and they have a little n tox...

dosi:
picture.php

picture.php

had little catepillars but I killed them all and the neem got the rest. I don't see any traces of any bugs anymore - but some leaves that got big when young are showing signs of bugs - being a newby outdoor grower I didn't keep up on my IPM - my buddy got me up on a regiment and now they are pest free - but do show signs of some bugs.

the dosi is crazy frosty! and already turning colors - going to be fun to watch:

picture.php

compared to the heavy yielding indica bagseed I have:
picture.php

both beautiful in their own way!
I know the bagseed turns out beautiful - super colorful with a candy/gas/skunk smell that taste phenominal - smells pungent when broken up and leaves fingers with a fine gold dust that smells like a bubba kush. Very potent body high that is a creeper - 10 minutes after smoking it hits you like a trainwreck so have to be careful to how much you smoke :p strong body high but also cerebral and makes you think and wonder about life and the universe. Leaves a nice clear mind on the come down and last about 2 hours.
Only reason she is in the same tent as dosidos, meatbreath, and aloha grape stomper - imho all elite strains from very talented breeders - is because she is so good. Feel blessed to have her - crazy thing I put a first gen clone into flower very early and then outside - looked like the plant died but this summer she sprouted new life - a very lime green beautiful plant - I'll go take pics but I just took some cuts of her - I just took off the dead buds it was all dry and still had a slight smell. Very cool that she sprouted back - but into a very gorgeous plant! I'll let her pics speak for themselves - I might have to wait until tomorrow to get a good one right after the sun goes down and she is still perkying up - I think I am going to start a new mother with her.

added a scrog net - just for support for the buds when they get bigger I will try to actually scrg next run.
Things are budding and getting frosty!

thenewstyle

Yo Rusko

the new grow is looking nice!
the meatbreath/dosi looking very unique! i picked up a pack of meatbreath a few weeks ago superexcited to run it in the winter!

Latest posts

Latest posts