Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis Grower Buys California Town to Build Pot-Friendly Outpost

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
Cannabis Grower Buys California Town to Build Pot-Friendly Outpost Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 01:37 PM #1
gaiusmarius
IC Janitor in Training

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Cannabis Grower Buys California Town to Build Pot-Friendly Outpost

check it out

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...iendly-outpost
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 PM #2
accessndx
♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom...And a poom-poom♫

accessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant future
I smell a vacation destination!!!!!!

You can't kick me because your brain is stupid!
Death: Adventure Time
Jimi Hendrix: "Are You Experienced?":
So-er, Are You Experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
Ah, let me prove it to you

*FORECAST IS GUMMY: WITH A CHANCE OF STUPOR*
accessndx is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:22 PM #3
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant future
you gots to be kidding.

Nipton is the armpit of the Mojave desert, the middle of nowhere.
about a dozen outbuildings, a rundown hotel/general store/post office/eyesore.
train runs right through the middle of it all....
the only 'attraction' is the lottery outlet or the railroad crossing or perhaps its isolation.

oh, Las Vegas is an hour away...

pffft

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:34 PM #4
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to all
If you build it...they will come.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:09 PM #5
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
What a hell hole. If you've never experienced the desert this is a place to get some sand.

The country's largest solar facility is nearby, perhaps they plan to tap into the power, hope they get a licensed electrician!

Water is very scarce out there, perhaps they will create it by distilling it from the dryest desert air I've ever seen. Nipton is almost a ghost town, except for some Eco-friendly camping and a general store.

Good luck!

Payaso is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 PM #6
gaiusmarius
IC Janitor in Training

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
roflmao, it sounds like this grower might have bitten off a bit more then he can chew. if it's such a hell hole he probably got it real cheap. is there no aquifer bellow the town?
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 07:41 PM #7
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
The article said they bought it for 5 mil and were going to put another 2.5 mil in it. Where were these guys when I was selling bridges?
Betterhaff is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:13 PM #8
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to beholdHashmasta-Kut is a splendid one to behold
she calls it weed, lol.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 PM #9
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud of
They should rename the town "Little Amsterdam".
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 11:25 PM #10
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really nice
I dunno about stupid. I think it is money well invested. The town is only 10 miles off of I-15, which gets TONS of traffic. It is also only 18 miles from Highway 95, which also gets HEAVY traffic. It is also on a rail line, and at the intersection of smaller state highways, including Highway 164, the Joshuah Tree Highway, which also gets traffic. It is also only a few miles from the Nevada border, and Nevada is low on weed. And in California, a muni can set all the local weed laws, and thus they can grow, process, and sell all the weed that they want within the city limits. And San Bern is a DRY county (no commercial grows, processing or sales on unincorporated county land). They can incorporate and set the local grow taxes to ZERO. They can grow outdoors or indoors with solar driven lights. Water they can truck in all of 35 miles from the Colorado River/Lake Mohave. Weed does not take much water to grow. And it is an easy drive from Henderson, Laughlin and Las Vegas.

Laugh all you want, but I would put my money into this venture. People are paying fortunes to buy land in Humboldt and Mendocino County, but weed grows better in the warm desert. They can grow year round in the Mojave. The temp there right now is 84, 10 degrees cooler than it is here in the PNW!

10 members found this post helpful.