What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aint much but its something...

Lathus

I am my own worst critic....

So a lot of things have been happening in my life and finally I feel I'm in a better place to grow my meds. I'm a vet and suffer from a few things that I'm not going to get into, other than I feel much better with these meds.

Because of somethings out of my control I wasn't able to start anything until late.
My seeds popped about June 5th.
I had very little time or $$ to throw in this at first so I went with Miracle grow Garden soil for raised beds. ( I know I know this is my first and last time using Miracle gro) I also amended with some perlite.
Since the soil is micelle grow I'm using synthetic nutes.
GH basic gro, micro, bloom with cal magic and liquid Kool bloom.
I'm using pots that were purchased second hand and they range from 5 gal to 12 or 15 gal. I noticed them getting way too hot and warming the root ball too much so I covered them in white trash bags. This has made a huge difference.
So to start I popped the seeds in Jiffy pots and then moved them to solo cups. I let them go too long in the cups and they got root bound thankfully not too bad. While I was waiting to transplant I was looking for the perfect spot in my yard. I clocked a spot that received 8.5-9 hrs of direct sunlight a day. I live in the country but there are a few ppl around and well just to ease my mind about ppl randomly walking through woods as I did as a kid, I built a fence around my spot.

I have 5 LSD 1 Critical Cheese 1 Grandaddy purp and 1 707 headband.

Because of lack of $$ I wasn't able to give them any nutes until 4 weeks in so I know they could be a lot better than they are now had I been able to do so.
I have started amending with the Raw nutrient line. Humid Acid, Folic Acid, Amino Acids, Kelp, potash, and yucca extract. I can tell they have really made them jump over the last week and half. 1 of the LSD's was badly root bound and was at a stand still. Now its almost caught up to the others. I water them a couple gallons daily when its HOT and soak them every 3 days with nutes then foliar spray with Raw line once a week. Even thought they aren't as good as I'd like I still feel like I'll get a decent little harvest. They are strong and standing proud. But just a little behind where I'd like them to be.

I think you're a little too hard on yourself. Those look pretty nice.
I've grown some very nice buds in Miracle Grow. I kinda like it.

Hope you get some good smoke for what ails you, bro.

Lathus

I think you're a little too hard on yourself. Those look pretty nice.
I've grown some very nice buds in Miracle Grow. I kinda like it.

Hope you get some good smoke for what ails you, bro.

Thanks Spankin', I mean they are bad at all but I know I can do so much better. Next year will be something to look at for sure.
Yeah miracle grow gets the job done for sure but theres always a better way to do things and so I like to strive for the best. Next year will be a mostly organic grow. I want to try the full line of Raw nutes.

Also worth mentioning I threw up a painters plastic thats 3.5 mm thick to provide some shade for a couple hours during the past few days that have spiked into the upper 90's. But I think I need to replace it with a thinner plastic.

I like your attitude. You'll knock 'em out next year.

From one vet to another, best of luck to you.

I'll pull up a chair here if you don't mind and watch these girls flower.

Lathus

Right on brother, thanks, enjoy the ride.
I'm going to do my best to get them through without any real issues.

I'll be staking them up soon. I know they still have some stretching to do.

starke

Nothing to criticize with those beautiful girls. Did my first three grows indoors with Miracle Gro Potting Soil and Miracle Gro for Tomatoes nutes. Grew perfectly fine buds in spite of all the naysayers. Just need a good long flush. Subbed.

Peace,
starke

Lathus

Not really an update but wanted to say that I did top most of the plants at least once. Theres a couple that I thought weren't going to make it after the root bound so I didn't top them. Heres a look at a couple of them topped and not.
The last pic is what I believe to be an accidental fim. Instead of it breaking of into 2 shoots from the node it split into three, Im not complaining lol. The third pic is of a Critical cheese from Dinafem, has to be one of the best looking in my garden.
The first is an LSD that wasn't topped, and is looking pretty good.

I have been battling pests mostly leaf hoppers which I fucking hate because they ate a guerrilla crop a couple years ago. 50 fucking plants chewed to the ground/ sucked dry, I had never seen anything like it. But thankfully I can really stay on top of these. Also some grasshoppers, and just had a round with leaf miners. The miners seem to be gone now the grasshoppers are around but have slowed down.

Lathus

That Critical Cheese looks nice. I just ordered a bunch of Dinafem beans. Hope they come out as nice as that one.

Thanks man.
I will tell you that it has been the most forgiving and strongest the whole way through, nothing special was done to it that wasn't done to the others.
Ive been thinking about getting more as well. It has a great smell already, can't wait to try it.

Lathus

Weekly update

Weekly update

They have had some pretty good growth over the past week. And looking good, still dealing with some leaf hoppers. I'm sure of some of the bugs are because theres grass on the ground beneath them, I keep it cut short but still a home for pests. Next year it'll all be gone.
Tomorrow they get their foliar dose of Kelp, Humic acid, and folic acid.
Ive been watering daily about 2-3 gallons and theyve been drinking it up.
But once a week I'll soak them with 4-5 gallons with GH nutrient line and then about 4 days later I soak them again with 4-5 gallons with the Raw nutrient lines/ammendments.
I feel like they want/need more so I'll up that to 3-4 gallons of nutrient solution every other day depending on if it rains etc..

Lathus

Nothing much to update but been battling a little deficiency mostly with one plant. Weird but I think I'll be able to tell tomorrow how its going.

But I did have one of the scariest moments in my life.....
My grow is very secure, hidden quite well. Except for the birds in the air..
I was outside playing with my kids one day and I here a loud whining sound and I don't pay much attention to it. And then as if rising out of the trees was a all black helicopter.... I said oh fuck. It flew just outside of my property line. And I was able to determine by a few marking that it was a medical helicopter. After some research there is one stationed not too far from me.
I don't care that it was a medical copter, I know that its about time for LEO's to be flying around again. So I have set up my greenhouse plastic and I'll be adding more to cover the entire area. I have plans for next year to build a half hoop house on top of or attached to the large fenced area I have built already to pretty much have a greenhouse.
Anyways heres a couple of shots. The ladies have all shown me pistils and they are adding on everyday and adding height still each day.
Also, just adding a pic of 707 headband. It seems to be healthy but at the end of the day it seems to be so much more beat than the rest really dropping, I have made sure she's fed and watered properly. Does this seem to be normal or does anyone think theres an issue?

Lathus

The deficiency seems to have passed thankfully.
My tarps have survived their first storm. I wasn't too worried about the rain but instead the wind that comes with a good storm. I stood out under them and waited, the wind did toss them around a bit and there was a little sagging from the rain but nothing too bad.
I've realized that I have some black spot in my garden and recently sprayed them all top to bottom with some emulsified neem oil. Hopefully it will stop it or at least slow it down, it doesnt seem to be doing a lot of damage but I still want to get ahead of it. Also hopefully it'll help get rid of some of the pests flying around. I check them regularly but still noticing some biting in the leaves.

So far everything seems to be doing pretty good. I'm really hoping to pull at least 4 o's off each. They are all about 5-7 feet tall and at least 3 ft wide. I've done a little pruning but nothing too crazy just puling some of the little stuff on the very bottom.
Let me know what ya'll think, thanks for checking them out!
So far everything

saitama

Learning is the best part of growing imo. I think you're sandbagging. You're doing a bang up job. I'm in.

Badfishy1

I am my own worst critic....

So a lot of things have been happening in my life and finally I feel I'm in a better place to grow my meds. I'm a vet and suffer from a few things that I'm not going to get into, other than I feel much better with these meds.

Because of somethings out of my control I wasn't able to start anything until late.
My seeds popped about June 5th.
I had very little time or $$ to throw in this at first so I went with Miracle grow Garden soil for raised beds. ( I know I know this is my first and last time using Miracle gro) I also amended with some perlite.
Since the soil is micelle grow I'm using synthetic nutes.
GH basic gro, micro, bloom with cal magic and liquid Kool bloom.
I'm using pots that were purchased second hand and they range from 5 gal to 12 or 15 gal. I noticed them getting way too hot and warming the root ball too much so I covered them in white trash bags. This has made a huge difference.
So to start I popped the seeds in Jiffy pots and then moved them to solo cups. I let them go too long in the cups and they got root bound thankfully not too bad. While I was waiting to transplant I was looking for the perfect spot in my yard. I clocked a spot that received 8.5-9 hrs of direct sunlight a day. I live in the country but there are a few ppl around and well just to ease my mind about ppl randomly walking through woods as I did as a kid, I built a fence around my spot.

I have 5 LSD 1 Critical Cheese 1 Grandaddy purp and 1 707 headband.

Because of lack of $$ I wasn't able to give them any nutes until 4 weeks in so I know they could be a lot better than they are now had I been able to do so.
I have started amending with the Raw nutrient line. Humid Acid, Folic Acid, Amino Acids, Kelp, potash, and yucca extract. I can tell they have really made them jump over the last week and half. 1 of the LSD's was badly root bound and was at a stand still. Now its almost caught up to the others. I water them a couple gallons daily when its HOT and soak them every 3 days with nutes then foliar spray with Raw line once a week. Even thought they aren't as good as I'd like I still feel like I'll get a decent little harvest. They are strong and standing proud. But just a little behind where I'd like them to be.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74062&pictureid=1766626&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74062&pictureid=1766625&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Good day fam. I'm sure there are people here who swear by different nute lines and such... however, there are quite a few old heads that have been using miracle grow and maxicrop since the 70's and swear by it. Also another prominent poster has done side by sides with Wally World products vs the big name specialty products (I know rooting hormones for sure) and swears by the 9.99 version compared to the $35+...

Lathus

Learning is the best part of growing imo. I think you're sandbagging. You're doing a bang up job. I'm in.

Thanks! Yeah, I tell you, I had little hopes for a large harvest seeing that I got a late start and late jump on the nutes etc... but I think things are turning out pretty good, hopefully nothing goes crazy. Cant count the harvest until its been harvested... A lot of things can happen between now and then.

Looking good m8! Will be wandering through! Wouldn't at all be ashamed if this was my grow!

Thanks brother! I'm not ashamed for sure. But I have my standards and wished I was able to adhere to them but this is pretty damn good for me right now.. it'll do lmao.

Now next year..... oh damn, I've got big ass plans and it'll be awesome.
Gonna start by building a hoop house roof on top of the fenced area that I have already giving me plenty of cover from birds and still allowing the girls to grow as tall as they want. So it'll be half greenhouse.
I'll be starting them early with better soil and better nutes.

I'm thinking of doing a side by side with a couple different things next year.

I have a very good friend that is old enough to be my dad, he's been growing for 30 years, all guerrilla grows. And he says the same thing about miracle gro, it might not be the best but its far from the worst.

I think I may do a side by side grow with miracle gro soil and dry/wet nutes. Then maybe some fox farm soil with Raw Nutes Grow/Bloom and maybe some other soil with GH grow/micro/bloom and see how it goes.
I dunno I'll have to see what I feel like next year.

Badfishy1

Lol. Yeah my plans tend to change by the minute also. I've heard plenty of times dial in YOUR method... just because X works for dude doesn't mean it will work for everybody

Latest posts

Latest posts