What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coconut oil with Magic Butter Machine

boredinmemind

ello there.

so i was gifted a bag of old trim, no idea on the potency but theres enough to do something with so i figured i really wanted to get away from smoking a bit so edibles and coconut oil pills seemed like a good idea.

also a family member had a Magic Butter 2. so i figured this was perfect so i can stay lazy.

started with a jar and half ish of coconut oil. 21oz ~
and little over 5oz to start. going to let it run 4 hours on varying temps. 130,160,190,220 is whats available.
all decarbed 250 for 35min.
couldnt find lecithin, and havent looked into that part of coconut oil extractions to really see the benefits and cons.

will report back with results.

any idea how much trim it might take to hit saturation point of coconut oil? rough guess is fine. plan on doing multiple filtering and resoaks with fresh stuff.

mr.brunch

Veteran
That should be quite strong already - wouldn't know what the saturation point would be but at that stage it would probably be frighteningly strong!

boredinmemind

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5e61181e7598338deff5bc8f5.jpg

i plan on running another 5 if anyone chimes in with the saturation info.
my tolerance is that of an elephant. also after reading a small bit about lecithin it looks interesting. more research to be done, like if i can reheat and add that later after im done.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
man smoke some beforehand, if its just crap your oil will be just crap
if its decent , then you have a reference to start from

boredinmemind

man smoke some beforehand, if its just crap your oil will be just crap
if its decent , then you have a reference to start from

well it's all free leftover trimmings, ALL leaf nothing too great.

but thats why i was going to keep straining and putting fresh in till i used the entire trashbag full. figured thats the only way it would get any decent level of potency.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You go dude...

You go dude...

well it's all free leftover trimmings, ALL leaf nothing too great.

but thats why i was going to keep straining and putting fresh in till i used the entire trashbag full. figured thats the only way it would get any decent level of potency.

I've been using a Magical Butter Machine for years..

I've mostly used Buds with some trim.

I wouldn't worry about saturation, Coconut Oil can just about handle its weight

I usually use 30-40 grams of decarbed bud and throw in leftover vape material from my volcano. I only run it for an hour at 160f.

It's the $hit :party: