What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chilly Willy says a big hello!

Hey guys, my life was really going the wrong direction, and I opened up these forum pages and noticed some old threads from people I met here a long time ago. It made me feel great when I read them, and I realized that growing was not about the end result of growing, it was all about that. When I did that about fifteen years ago I enjoyed the science, the time away from those crazy people outside, and it made me feel like I found a place I belonged. My name is Chilly Willy. Whats your name?

Check my bio, and albums, I could to beleive those pictures were still here on this forum from 2006. Let me know if you got some time to help me find more of my old threads, I even documented a few grows here with some really detailed information as me and my plants grew.

It's funny, I want to do the exact same thing as before, not a detail less, or more. I had the AK48 Cherry pheromone. I had to grow 40 seeds to find that one mother (boy was that a mess). That is probably the only detail next time I will want to miss!

CW

B

bigganjabud

Welcome back man

Erm yeah that cherry pheno seems extinct lately
I'm looking through some bits and bobs on the hope of some really funky flavours

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
With a name like Chilly Willy, I bet those buds are frosted through and through. Welcome back man.
Ha…Hee…Hachoo!

Bigganjabud - let me know what you find on your search for the funky stuff. I'm going to do AK48 again, but was thinking about getting a second flavor while shopping. The thing I want to watch out for is getting something that the high lasts a while, and has a good yield (not some lanky plant with a fancy name).

AgentPothead - you know I never tied together what you just observed; frosty buds and a name like Chilly. I think that is so cool, and here I am paying attention to all the details of my grow that I missed that about my own name. You got good observation skills, ever thought about growing? hehehehe

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Bigganjabud - let me know what you find on your search for the funky stuff. I'm going to do AK48 again, but was thinking about getting a second flavor while shopping. The thing I want to watch out for is getting something that the high lasts a while, and has a good yield (not some lanky plant with a fancy name).

AgentPothead - you know I never tied together what you just observed; frosty buds and a name like Chilly. I think that is so cool, and here I am paying attention to all the details of my grow that I missed that about my own name. You got good observation skills, ever thought about growing? hehehehe

8 weeks into my first grow and it's going beautifully, I think :D

Douglas.Curtis - It feels great being here, thanks for the warm welcome. O got to start all over in every aspect, except for the previous knowledge I obtained. Goes to show you experience outweighs materialism. Thanks again, and look forward to hanging out with you here.

AgentPothead - I guess since you said eight weeks, that must mean an outdoor grow in a very trustworthy community. I want to move there. I guess that would be a hard brow to document for all of us here (too revealing). You should take a picture later when you crawl up the trunk of the tree, and ives us a photo aiming down. That would be so cool!

Whoscottgreen - thanks for welcoming me "earthling". hehehehe.....Makes me wonder who the rest of are! .... Glad you found us, and welcome to the grow forum.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Douglas.Curtis - It feels great being here, thanks for the warm welcome. O got to start all over in every aspect, except for the previous knowledge I obtained. Goes to show you experience outweighs materialism. Thanks again, and look forward to hanging out with you here.

AgentPothead - I guess since you said eight weeks, that must mean an outdoor grow in a very trustworthy community. I want to move there. I guess that would be a hard brow to document for all of us here (too revealing). You should take a picture later when you crawl up the trunk of the tree, and ives us a photo aiming down. That would be so cool!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74044&pictureid=1766263View Image
Nah indoor tent grow, that was since seed not since light flip, they are autos so no flip needed anyway.

AgentPothead, so how does that work? You said they are auto, and you do not have to correct the lighting duration from 18 hours in veg, to 12 hours in flower. How do the plants know they got to flower, what triggers them?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
AgentPothead, so how does that work? You said they are auto, and you do not have to correct the lighting duration from 18 hours in veg, to 12 hours in flower. How do the plants know they got to flower, what triggers them?
Genetics. There are 3 "species" of cannabis, sativa, indica, and ruderalis. The first two are what most people are familiar with, the last is where autoflowers come from. From my understanding they grew in northern siberia and russia and since they couldn't rely on photoperiod, being so far north it messes up the length of days, they evolved to instead flower after a given amount of time. The major downside is wild ruderalis is ditch weed, it is basically hemp with no thc. So about 30 or so years ago a forward thinking breeder started breeding ruderalis with some high potency normal strains, and 30 odd years later here we are. Autoflowers that have real levels of THC and don't require a time flip to flower. This is my first real grow so I wanted to make it as simple on me as possible and autoflower let me do that while still learning the ropes.

L

Livelyup

Welcome back man, I just posted here for the first time. It's good you found your way back!

L

Livelyup

Wow, you HAVE been away!! Me I've been smoking since 1968 and started growing July 2016. I had no idea what the advanced state of cannabis technology was all about, and every day I'm amazed by what I'm learning.

AgentPothead - I just love that name man, overtime I wrote it I feel like I am talking to Dick Tracy gone cool. That is amazing, I wonder how stable the genetics are though, will the plants be different heights. From what I researched, it is a good idea to grow using stable genetics, you now stuff like white window and the likes. I notice too that the yields are that great, or the strength is gone with some of these fancy newer stuff. I knew about the three different kind of smoke, and knew the third one was not that commonly found. Ut was described I think as a bush. But those guys at the Netherlands, and give them 30 years, no telling what they can come up with!

Most the strains are a hybrid so it is easy to grow. A pure sativa is a tree. As far as growing with it being easy, it should be. The problem you see here is people trying to put plants in very small areas, cabinets, and the like; this is hard to do. Then you got people who veg their plants until they are big, and this is hard to do because they grow too tall so you have to use screens to keep them down below the light. The trick is to skip veg, but let them grow under flourencent (150w) for like less than a week, then directly under the HID lights at 12 hours. Keep a mother in the closet under a store bought cheap coiled fluorescent bulb like you buy at Wally World, and let her barely grow, that way she has nodes very close to one another. Cut the small twigs, and plant them very tight into a peat moss plug, and place them in the plug tray under a small plastic dome and spray water in their with a spray bottle, 100% humidity.

I think people just grow them all too big at the start, and then have to handle that after wards. I mean don't get be wrong, it produces, you see the pictures here; but there is another way to do it!

I first was into aeroponics, this guy was even going to hire me to help him teach school children this stuff; but I quickly learned that it is not efficient. Plus you are dependent on pumps and if they fail, in that set up they die very quickly. You can jot leave them for a week and go on vacation like some people do on this forum. hahaha

The veg state is where plants smell, and drink up light and nutrients and I would just rather spend that energy growing buds and right off. Your next grow should be a hybrid, but I am interested in seeing the results of your first grow.

Livelyup - smoking since 1968, just know people been growing hydro since the late 1800's and they got you beat. So you remember the days I have been told where they measured things using their fingers. Forget scales, how many fingers bag is that, lets see!!! hehehehe Welcome to the forum, it is cool to use our brains once again and we do that here on Saturdays, the rest of the week we are baked.

B

bigganjabud

No probs man if I find anything interesting il shout ya

All you guys are welcome to join us at the Toker's Den, I am distributing mug shots!

I thought I was loosing my stash all this time, now I know the truth! Please come by, and share your mug shots with the rest of us there. hehehehe

Thread: "Mug Shots Being Distributed In The Toker's Den"

Bigganja - bud's are just what I am looking for. A nice stable genetic, it can even be old school like white widow. Let the equipment make it live up to it's potential. Thanks for noticing my comment, it all starts with the right seed!

What does a penguin have to do in order to make more friends?

I can swim underneath, and catch a fish for you. I bet your other friends can not do that!

Latest posts

Latest posts