What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12k AC/DE Sealed Room

Nugulon

Hey all, it's been a while since I've done any indoor or been on here for that matter... been doing greenhouse for the last few years and just decided to get back into the indoor scene. Figured I should share my new project and get back onto this site regularly as it has always been there in times of confusion or just wanting to check out some awesome grows and gain knowledge. For this starter project Ive built a 13'x16'x 8' room in my 2 car garage. Im putting together an 80 light warehouse over the next 4-6 months and decided I should get back on my indoor game to make sure my skills on point once that place is built and ready to rock. Im running Tahoe OG, Boss OG, and Guerilla Glue #4. Ill lay out the equipment list and basic design first and then get into specific techniques and feed schedule used in the next few posts. All main equipment is listed below.

Lighting (New):
12 Nanolux DE remote ballasts 600-1200w adjustable
12 Hortilux Eye DE bulbs
12 8'" AC/DE Hoods

Environment:
Used 23k btu Ideal Air Portable A/C 220v(No outside air exchange)
Used 10k btu LG window A/C 110v(No outside air exchange)
14" Can Max Fan for AC hood ventilation
3- 16" Circulation Fans for wind simulation
Co2 is 20lb bottles
Titan Co2 regulator
Sentinel Co2 Environmental Controller
150' of 8", 14" Non insulated ducting
Misc HVAC ideal air ducting connectors 8",12",14"

Hydroponics/Medium:
Greentrees Bucket System:
2- Controllers
70-80 Buckets/Inserts
2- 55 Gallon Barrels
140ish' of poly connector tubing

707 bag soil 4 bags (3cu ft each)
Vermipro Soilless Medium 4 bags (3.8cu ft each)

Water is via 200 GPD Hydrologic RO system (>50PPM Water)

Nutrients:
House and Garden:
Cocos A and B
Multi-Zen
Bud-XL
Shooting Powder

Rapid start rooting Compound
GH pH up/down
Actinovate fungal inoculant

Grow Room:
All construction was with 2x4 doug fir studs
5/8" osb sheating 4'x8'
2 1/2" outdoor decking screws
Concrete floor with heavy-duty tarp cover
Power is via 100amp sub panel running 2- 40amp 220 breakers for lighting and a 20 amp 220 breaker for A/C.
All support equipment runs off garage outlets which are a plenty with 2 separate 20amp circuits. One for wall outlets and one for the garage opener which has been disconnected for this project.

Design:

The room is 13' x 16' so the hoods are layed out in 3 rows of 4 hoods each. Hoods are hung about 8"s from the ceiling with 'S' hooks using 50lb chain. They are suspended from a 2"x"2 stud that also holds the trellis net as will be discussed later. The hoods are connected with 8" ducting secured with zip ties which is pulling in fresh air from the garage and venting out thru the attic which then vents outdoors. Ballasts are hung outside the room to help keep temps down. The air conditioners are mounted on opposite sides of the room to help even out cooling and circulation fans are mounted on 3 walls to create a windy environment. The sentinel controller is mounted outside the room on the opposite wall as the ballasts to minimize any electromagnetic interference and the co2 bottles are vented in from there as well. The monitor is hanging from the ceiling at the top of the canopy to best read temps and CO2 levels. The bucket systems are spaced according to plant needs and are fed from the rez outside the grow room but inside the garage. Nute temps are kept around 70-74 in the rezes. Temps in the room are 72 at night and 91-94 during light cycle. Ive got a couple things to do so ill hop back on here and get some pics and more info loaded up in a couple hrs. Peace and thanks for looking!

Nugulon

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

GotRice

Hello Nugulon,

Nice Equipment listing and planning.

I was wondering do you use Humidifier and Dehum?

Also you said when lights on temp is 91-94...what about RH when lights on and lights off?

Rice

Nugulon

Hey GotRice,
I use the dehum built into the Ideal Air A/C, it does a few gallons a day... been plenty for this room so far..
RH is around 45-52 during light cycle and around 55-60 during night cycle.
Thanks,
Nug

Nugulon

Bakedbandit,
The temps are running a little hotter than expected�� however due to the room design I won't be able to swap out the AC until the next run... I didn't leave enough room to get in there now that the ladies are all scrogged on the trellis... I'll be installing a 3 ton split A/C and hopefully that'll keep the temps closer to 85 next time.
CO2 PPMs are set at 1250. Co2 saturation begins 30 mins after lights come on and stops 30 mins before lights go off.
Thanks,
Nug

Nugulon

Hey, been a bit since Ive hopped on here.. here's a couple update pics and feed schedule used so far.
Feedings
Week 1 Veg:
Rapid start 10 ml/gal

Week 2 Veg:
Rapid start 10ml/gal
Actinovate 5 ml/gal
Botanicare Grow 10 ml/gal

Week 1 Transition/Flower
*48 hours blackout*
H&G Cocos A&B 10 ml/gal (5ml A & 5ml B)
Rapid Start 5 ml/gal
Multi Zen 2 ml/gal
Gen Organics Cal Mag 5 ml/gal
Actinovate 1 ml/gal
Gen hydro 2 ml/gal

Week 2 Flower:
H&G Cocos A&B 20 ml/gal (10ml A & 10ml B)
Multi Zen 4 ml/gal
Gen Organics Cal Mag 10 ml/gal
Actinovate 1 ml/gal
Gen hydro pH up 3 ml/gal

Week 3 Flower:
H&G Cocos A&B 20 ml/gal (10ml A & 10ml B)
Multi Zen 5 ml/gal
Gen hydro pH up 3 ml/gal

Week 4 Flower:
H&G Cocos A&B 24 ml/gal (12ml A & 12ml B)
Multi Zen 5 ml/gal
Bud XL 5 ml/gal
Actinovate 1 ml/gal
Gen hydro pH up 3 ml/gal

Week 5 Flower:
Bud XL 8 ml/gal
Multi Zen 2 ml/gal
Actinovate 1 ml/gal
Gen Hydro pH up 4 ml/gal

Week 6 Flower:
H&G Cocos A&B 30 ml/gal (15ml A & 15ml B)
Bud XL 10 ml/gal
Multi Zen 2 ml/gal
Gen hydro PH up 4 ml/gal
1 pack shooting powder per 50 gallons

Week 7 Flower:
Bud XL 12 ml/gal
Gen hydro PH up 4 ml/gal
2 pack shooting powder per 50 gallons

Week 8 Flower:
Gen hydro PH up 3 ml/gal
1 pack shooting powder per 50 gallons

Week 9 Flower: RO water only
Day 60 Drip clean 1 ml/gal then RO water only until harvest day

Nugulon

Thanks, they're definitely starting to stack up!! It's mostly bad lighting and an iPhone camera, there is a little bleaching on one plant but it's in a corner and I can't get a good pic...

Budd1ngtr33s

hope it's going well

hope it's going well

Yeah those 1k watt ac/de lights are pretty intense! My buddy and I are working on establishing a 5,000sqft warehouse grow come this January! Any updates on yours?

Nugulon

hope it's going well

hope it's going well

Yeah those 1k watt ac/de lights are pretty intense! My buddy and I are working on establishing a 5,000sqft warehouse grow come this January! Any updates on yours?
Six years later I finally hopped back on IC mag lol. That grow ended up coming out pretty nice. I think I ended up pulling 28 lbs outta that room from this particular grow if I remember correctly. Haven't been growing indoor for a few years but I've decided to throw a couple lights up and grow some of my own varieties. Hope all is well!