What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NorthEast US Suitable Strains

S

Scott64a

What's a good and stable strain of hashy, sativa goodness for 42.5N that would finish early?

What's a good indica?

What finishes early and puts up with abuse from Mother Nature?

We're talking strains that don't mind being started outside early, (like after the last frost,) and finish by mid-late September.

I'd like to steer clear of autoflowering, clones or NL crosses/inbred crosses.

I'm talking full sativa crosses and full indica crosses.

Last edited:

BlackBart

Veteran
I can think of a couple sativas that would work such as Ace's Bangi Haze and Green Crack. I think Humboldt Seed Co. Has that one
For a more indica base you could grow Jalalabad Star from Ex situ genetics or Turkish Delight from GT Seeds.

W

Water-

female seeds c99
DP Durban Poison

my friend grew these last year at 41 north and they where done in Septemeber

S

Scott64a

Awesome, thanks guys.

I've been eyeballing Banghi Haze and Durban Poison...

Maybe c99!

Good info, thanks again.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think you'll regret the Bangi Haze choice.

Mine are still veggin but they're the fastest plants I've got running this season. From seed in April, they're looking like they'll be larger than my clones that were a couple feet at the same time.
I can't comment on quality at this time as I haven't finished one yet. I'm also in the SW so cant connent on enviro either.

highsteppa

Veteran
The short Congo phenol was faster than the big Nepalese, which is more smooth sailing effect. The Congo side has more active energetic buzz.

BlackBart

Veteran
Hey bro those BH look solid . Wonder how they would be if you started them inside in March and then put out late May

self

Ive had good luck with thseeds darkstar and ultrasour, bodhi's pagoda and blueberry hill (appy father on both), HSOs bluedream and trainwreck, Durban, cookies xs.
You want strains with smaller denser buds, good calyx to leaf ratio helps. Sour crosses generally do pretty well too.
Big fluffy buds form microclimates that are more conducive to mold, and allow it to spread quickly.
Airflow through pruning and training is super important. Im further north, and coastal, so my conditions are pretty bad, but strain choice makes all the difference.

browntrout

Veteran
I'd be growing the Nepalese Hybrid, it does not give a shit about cold. I've had Himalayan hybrids that ran through many frosts and while all the native plants died off it stayed green and kept growing.

I'd be checking bush brothers for freezeland crosses in the indica department. I'm at 45N and these girls are so well rounded and stinky it's hard to want to grow anything else.

highsteppa

Veteran
Browntrout, you running any of brads gear this season? the purple kush x freeze looked nice, good line up for us NE growers.

Hey bro those BH look solid . Wonder how they would be if you started them inside in March and then put out late May

it'd be worth a try, they'd be huge. the smoke was really nice and the smaller one had a onion/garlic/haze thing going on. I finished a sour with them in the greenhouse that year and it just melted while the BH only had light mold.

S

Scott64a

Ive had good luck with thseeds darkstar and ultrasour, bodhi's pagoda and blueberry hill (appy father on both), HSOs bluedream and trainwreck, Durban, cookies xs.
You want strains with smaller denser buds, good calyx to leaf ratio helps. Sour crosses generally do pretty well too.
Big fluffy buds form microclimates that are more conducive to mold, and allow it to spread quickly.
Airflow through pruning and training is super important. Im further north, and coastal, so my conditions are pretty bad, but strain choice makes all the difference.

Thanks!

Last edited:
S

Scott64a

I'd be growing the Nepalese Hybrid, it does not give a shit about cold. I've had Himalayan hybrids that ran through many frosts and while all the native plants died off it stayed green and kept growing.

I'd be checking bush brothers for freezeland crosses in the indica department. I'm at 45N and these girls are so well rounded and stinky it's hard to want to grow anything else.

A

Last edited: