What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question on pollination

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I have a question about pollination. I have a basic understanding of how pollination works but there is a question I need cleared up to calm my worries.

I have a room full of 45 plants I am sexing out before going outdoors this season in 1 gallon containers. I have been culling the males as each day goes by. The ones that are female are only showing their pistils and hairs at the nodes (you know a plant that has reach sexual maturity always shows pre flowers) They are not in full flower.

Well I missed a male yesterday and pollen got blown everywhere around the room by the fans. Now if these females get pollinated this early where the hairs are coming out of the calyxes is this the only place the girls will have a seed? Or is the entire plant and buds gonna produce seed from this point forward?

I have had plants in mid flower and dabbed spots with male pollen and got seeds before but what im saying is where the buds have not developed yet and there are only a few hairs here and there, are the buds going to be completely seeded now? Like I said it is just pre flowers showing, no bud development. Thanks and sorry for my ignorance lol.

:tiphat:

gorilla ganja

Seeds will only form on flowers that are formed now and get touched with pollen.

Good way to get a few seeds without ruining your whole crop.

can't imagine that if you are checking everyday that a lot of pollen was released.

It's all good.

P.s. If you really don't want any seed. Mark all known females and then pluck off all visible flowers.

Peace GG

MountainBudz

I have a lot of plants to tend too, like a whole whole lot. This is just maybe 5% of what i have in the vegetative state that isn't already planted yet. I just over looked it I guess. I can't say that pollen was everywhere but I do know it dropped some pollen and I have some pretty powerful fans in the setup.

Thanks buddy!

MountainBudz

And as long as that does not mean all future bud growth is now pollinated (fully seeded) then I have no worries bro. That was my main concern.

gorilla ganja

The pollen will only remain viable for a few days.
You can spray the plants with water to kill pollen faster if your worried.

Don't worry be happy.:biggrin:
you will not get fully seeded buds unless you miss more males.

Peace GG